• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6583 Players Online
  • 3693 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Forum Staff Updates

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Wanderer, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Great changes to the team that will smoothen its functioning & help revamp it to a current-day Mineplex. Will have to get used to the new name though!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  2. I'll lowkey miss the name 'Forum Ninja' but I am definitely looking forward to the other changes within this forums team restructure. I'm sure that things such as faster appeal responses will be appreciated a lot, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Xukuwu and Lila like this.
  3. Interesting changes! I'm sure allowing FMAs to help with appeals will create faster response times which will be very beneficial. I will miss 'Forum Ninja' as well, but I think 'Forum Management' reflects better on what members of the team actually do. Overall, I'm curious to see how these changes will effect the forums team moving forward!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  4. Love the changes, but I will miss the Forum Ninjas only because I like the use of the word Ninja!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  5. Event Squad now remains the only team with a fun element to the name. I know there's some confusion about the names, but at the moment, they're the least of our concerns. If the names are the only thing people are worrying about when there's so much additional information to take in, that has to be a good sign. I do think Forum Ninja is a more creative name, but if Forum Management shows their duties more accurately then so be it. As for the more significant changes, I'm pretty happy with them. There were internal reasons as to why they needed to be made and so I agree with the decisions fully. I'm excited for the chance to potentially help out with appeals in the future without having to join Forum Management as a Sr.Mod team in order to do so. It suits those right down to the ground who might be interested but are aiming for other teams in the meantime.

I also find that the changes might cause staff members to consider Forum Management as something they'd like to do when they might not have done so previously. The workload is something that people might have tended to steer clear of but now that mentoring is involved, I can see that sparking some interest. Not everyone will have an interest in processing appeals, which used to be the primary role of the team, but mentoring will appeal to a wider majority and I can attest to that myself. Of course there will be people that were looking forward to solely processing appeals and might lose some interest, but considering more people are likely to prefer mentoring I think it'll balance out in the end. I'm partial to either one, and those who are the same will have the best of both worlds if they're aiming to join it.

I don't think these examples are really comparable to Forum Management as a name. There would be no need to stick "management" after Social Media because it's obvious just by referring to Social Media as a team that its members are over the social media run by Mineplex. The same goes for Event Management - by saying "Event Squad" it's obvious that those people are in charge of the events. Perhaps it's just me, but if I heard of the "Forum Ninja team" and wasn't provided with anything else then I would not be so sure of what they do. I'm not saying that Forum Management is the best name; just that it makes things pretty clear, at least in my opinion.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Phamtastic, xUmbreon, Klobby and 2 others like this.
  6. oh boy i wanna be an assistant forum manager

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    PieOrPi likes this.
  7. There goes Forum Ninja. But alas! We have a new name!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  8. This is uncalled for. Will be taking a break from the server because of this despicable change.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Lila, arj, Xukuwu and 4 others like this.
  9. I think these changes really benefits the forums and community in a good way by lessening the time it takes for an appeal to be responded too. I also don't really mind the name change. However, Forum Ninja will always be my favorite haha. Hope everyone enjoys this awesome update to the team!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  10. I’m stoked to see a sudden change in the way the Forum Staff operate. To be quite honest, I’m going to miss the “Forum Ninja’s,” but I see that the name change better reflects the responsibilities of the team as a whole. Adding on to what others have said previously, I’m sure that lots of players will appreciate a much faster response time to their appeals! I can’t wait to see how this new approach to the Forums Staff plays out. I’m glad to see a change after such a long time, and I’m sure this will receive positive feedback down the road.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  11. This is so cool to see! I lowkey am still a huge fan of the title "Forum Ninja", as it made them sound like epic staff members who are the masters of the forums, but I also like how professional the new title sounds. All in all, it's awesome to see new changes being added :)

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  12. Great change! Think this will be very good :)

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  13. Ninja sounds cooler tho

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Phamtastic, Legend998, Lila and 3 others like this.
  14. I always thought that Forum Ninja sounded like one of the coolest rank names of Mineplex. Kinda sad to see it go.

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  15. I think it's a good thing that the people on this team have more to do and a more interesting job, however, the old name was iconic. :(

Posted Aug 15, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  16. Very happy with these changes, being on FMA for around 2 years now I have never seen FM (FMAs) be able to handle appeals until now and it's really super that I'm now able to do this as it's a lot of fun with other responsibilities!

Some good clarity with the role names now too, 'Forum Ninja' was quite vague and wasn't much change to being a regular 'Forum Moderator'.​

Posted Aug 15, 2020
  17. Nice change. I am going to miss Forum Ninja though :(

Posted Aug 15, 2020