• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7276 Players Online
  • 4386 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

FPS Drops and Lag

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by PoozPlayz, Aug 14, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you guys experience heavy FPS drops in fights like in SSM or something

1. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Yeah

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Hey there! So a long time issue me and many people experience is lag and whatnot. I've been noticing that almost every time I get into a fight on SSM I end up having a hefty FPS drop and I probably lose the fight. I want to know why Mineplex is just laggy overall (for some people). Also, I wanna see if any people have these FPS drops too.

- pooz

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  2. Mineplex doesn't lag. You might need to upgrade from that 2008 Dell Laptop of yours.

I am a Mineplex Immortal

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  3. Personally, I don't lag on Mineplex anymore. When I do lag on the server it's mainly because my WiFi has dropped or if I'm on public wifi. My FPS sometimes drops but it averages to about 300. If you're experiencing lag all I can really do is recommend you try and restart your WiFi. You can also look at this guide here (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/how-to-resolve-lag.34046/) to see if any of them steps resolve your issue.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  4. ouch i mean i need a new laptop but its not a 2008 dell laptop

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020
  5. The OP said he was having FPS issues, not internet issues... Please read before you reply.

Only way to really get better fps is to either turn your settings down from what they're currently on, or if you're on the lowest settings you're most likely going to need to upgrade whatever you're playing on.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  6. I also assumed lag since when I lag my FPS drops. The guide I also gave does give some advice on FPS lag which they may find useful (for example, installing optifine).

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  7. To assume something that isn't stated isn't the correct thing to do in this situation and such a response when you do assume that could be quite the opposite of what the OP is requesting. The thread does go into some details on what you can do to improve your FPS. Your better option would've been to give some simple tips about improving FPS rather than giving tips to improve internet lag because that's just not what he asked for. Attaching a thread to the end of a comment with content that doesn't exactly answer the question shouldn't be the justification for that.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  8. Hey!

When I first started playing on Mineplex, it used to lag so much and it was really frustrating. I totally understand how it feels to have your FPS drop in the middle of the game. Here are a few things you could do to increase your FPS!

• Restart your computer. Trust me, it works so well. Some of the applications in the background might be eating up space while you are trying to play!
    • Change your settings in Minecraft! There is a youtuber named Intel Edits, and he has a video of changing your Minecraft settings, and it boosted my FPS a lot!
    • Allocate more RAM into Minecraft. This is kinda self-explanatory as the more RAM you allocate, the higher FPS you generally get.
    • Optifine/PvP client. Another way you could really boost your FPS is by getting a WHITELISTED CLIENT approved by Mineplex. Try different clients like Lunar, Labymod, or Badlion! My FPS used to be around 60 ish, but after I got badlion client, it is now consistently above 150!
    Thank you for reading this post! Have a nice day/evening/night! Good luck in fixing the lag!

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  9. Tysm! I watched a video yesterday to get better FPS in my settings but I still get some drops. I've been saving up for a new laptop for a really long time now and maybe when I get a new one it'll help. Until then I'll be stuck with it I guess. I already use Labymod so I can't do much there. I'll see if there's anything else I can change from that video. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  10. I’m always so happy to help people! You could try using Badlion. I used to use laby as well, but once I switched, it was far better for the FPS! See which client works for you! Good luck in getting that new computer!

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  11. Hey,

Recently I started lagging a lot often. I never tend to lag at all really unless it's on my end but Mineplex as a whole recently has been laggy for me. It's not bad but occasionally through the day it occurs randomly. As for your FPS, that's something on your end. I'd recommend upgrading your CPU.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  12. For me, I get occasional lag spikes, but that's because mainly because my wifi's been having issues lately. Mineplex as a whole has been pretty smooth for me, and I haven't really experienced server lag recently. As for FPS, I use Optifine so maybe that's why my FPS is fine, so if you don't already have it I would highly recommend downloading it. I'm not sure what computer you have, but if it's on the older side your FPS drops might be because of that.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  13. What are your specs looking like?

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  14. Hey,

Now other users might suggest OptiFine or changing settings or using different Allowed Clients or Modifications but I suggest trying something different. Try overclocking your refresh rate. It’ll only look smoother on your end, from your monitor, but it works very well. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, try these steps :

1. Right click on your windows desktop and click on NVIDIA control panel
    Click on change resolution
    Click on the refresh rate from the drop down menu and see if you can set it to a higher refresh rate
    4. Then click OK to test your desired settings

Now for Intel HD Graphics :

1. Right click on your Windows desktop
    Select Intel HD Graphics, which pulls up a new window
    3. Click on Display
    Click on General Settings
    Find the Refresh Rate drop down menu, and try out different refresh rates that are higher if possible

These steps might not help you if you don’t have either of these graphics cards or if you already have your refresh rate set to the highest by default. But anyways I hope this helped!

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Kiro likes this.
  15. My FPS significantly depletes upon joining a lobby probably due to the majority of entities being rendered. I attempt to make players non-visible in user preferences, however it doesn’t seem to work, but during in-games it usually performs fine.

Posted Aug 15, 2020