• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Free Christmas Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by MationCo, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Hey, I've been working on improving my renders recently. Here's one I've been working on.

I hope you all like it, feel free to download it if you wish.
    - and yes it is in the old Mineplex hub, still one of my favourites.

I'd love some feedback, thanks in advance. : D

[​IMG]

-edit, fixed aspect ratio

Posted Dec 22, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 22, 2019
  2. Looks really cool!

and yes tree hub best hub

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  3. Thanks for the feedback, sadly I noticed too late that I had the aspect ratio set to the wrong thing in cinema 4D, kinda ruined it for me too.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 22, 2019
  4. Hey there!

Awesome render! It looks really nice. I love the colorfulness and that snowman is cute! This render gives me some chilly Christmas vibes, and that's great :D

Have a fantastic rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I really love your Christmas wallpaper!! I like how it kind of has a 3D effect along with the glow off the ornaments! Great job, maybe you will do some in the future!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  6. It’s unbelievably good! I love it, it’s definitely got that Christmas feel and touch to it

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  7. Hey!

As the others expressed, I love it! The Christmas theme is perfect, and the lighting is fantastic! You should be really proud and happy with the result! :)

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  8. Hiya!

Good work on this piece, the snow and the snowman gives it that Christmas vibe. I would suggest making it a less bright as it kinda makes the image less visible.

Posted Dec 23, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  9. Thanks for the kind words everyone, I do agree it's over exposed but I think it kinda works with the snowy/hard to see aesthetics. I did make a sunny version too but I didn't think it conveyed the feeling I was going for.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
  10. This looks amazing! I am very jealous of this. I have tried making very cool renders but never seem to make them right. Do you use any specific rigs or GFX packs for Photoshop?

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  11. Hi!

I think the wallpaper is really cool! Lots of detail. The snowman and Christmas Tree with the presents also looks really cute too! OwO

Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    MationCo likes this.
  12. Thanks a lot, it really does mean a lot,
    the rigs themselves are all just sourced from where ever I can find, I usually modify the eyes slightly but aside from that they come as they are.

The lightning on the other hand I think is much more subjective and you'll never please everyone with how something is lit. I myself think a blur/foggy background is more aesthetically pleasing while others may like a nice sunny, fully in focus background. Neither are wrong.

Plus, in your signature, you've made a really cool render/banner, It looks amazing. You said " I have tried making very cool renders but never seem to make them right." but I think you've managed right there just from the one example I've seen. I'd love to see more work from you and if you ever need anything i'd love to help.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 27, 2019
  13. I completely agree with the blur/foggy background being more aesthetically pleasing. It really brings out the colors of the Christmas tree and the lights.

And thank you very much for the kind words about my render! Being a small and new GFX artist to the scene can be underwhelming and receiving complements like those really make my day! And I would love to get more in touch with you to see if I can learn any tricks :)

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  14. The tree lobby was definitely the best one :D! This artwork looks very nice! What software did you use to make it? Cinema 4d?

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  15. Hola

I really loved this. Really fits the theme of a mineplex Christmas! The only thing that caught my eye is the bottom of the tree not really fitting into the ground. All in all it was amazing and keep up the good work!

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  16. great shot

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  17. Wow, that render is absolutely incredible. That is really cool how you contributed the big tree in the background as well as add that cute snowman! Awesome work!!

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  18. Woah, that’s amazing! I wish I could do that. Keep up the good work, I will definitely use this as my desktop background! <3

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  19. Dang, that’s awesome! Wish I could do something like that. Keep up the great work! I’ll probably use it as my desktop background too xD

Posted Jan 7, 2020
  20. Doesn't really have the same effect after christmas sadly but thanks again for all the kind words, it really does mean a lot.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 8, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.