• 406 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6260 Players Online
  • 5854 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frenzy new game mode

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Arya_1, May 17, 2021.

?

Would you enjoy Frenzy being its own specific playable game mode?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
  3. Put it in arcade games?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I believe that the Frenzy game in nano games should become its own playable game mode. I know that me and several of my friends would definitely enjoy specifically playing this game. Perhaps different game modes with different team sizes could also be incorporated.

**Please just answer if you would enjoy being able to specifically play this game, not if you think it would be successful

Posted May 17, 2021,
    Last edited May 18, 2021
  2. Nano is Java, right? I have no idea what frenzy is.

Posted May 17, 2021
  3. Yeah Nano games are on Java. Its like arcade games but instead of going to a lobby in-between games, you go straight to the next game. Frenzy is a game within it where groups of two each have a tower with a certain amount of health. As long as you have a tower, you can respawn. You do damage to other towers by hitting them. When a teams tower is gone, they can no longer respawn. We can only currently play this by randomly getting it within nanogames.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2021
  4. Sounds S ort of like mini cake wars duos. I think that would be fun.

Posted May 17, 2021
  5. There is no way the player base will be able to support it, but you are always welcome to look at playing any of the team games that already exist like ssm teams, cw duos, sg duos, skywar duos, etc. It's implementation was so lackluster with barely anything innovative or exciting added in and the maps are not even suitable for pvp given that they were just transported over from snake with no alterations of any kind so massive -1 from me. Also you could always play it in MPS with your friends if you enjoy it that much

Posted May 17, 2021
    Amg and NIQHTS like this.
  6. Perhaps it could be put into rotation with mixed arcade? Many of those games require a several minute wait to play I'd expect it be similar to that. Also I do not have a rank so a mps is not an option. Anyways not enough of my immediate friends are on at a time to fill it up properly, but many people in passing have expressed their like of the game much more than many of the other nano games. I find that I like the simple pvp without worrying about falling off edges or anything like that and that it is enjoyable in it's simplistic manner

OP OP
  7. The worst that would happen is that it'd be another game with no people playing it that could be removed. My question was not wether or not it would be successful, just if you would enjoy specifically being able to play that game.

OP OP
  8. I personally really like the idea, but I highly doubt it would be active enough to warrant itself getting its own game mode

Posted May 17, 2021
  9. I personally feel like Frenzy doesn't fit well in Nano due to it's length, but it also would just turn out to be another dead game if made into a separate game. -1.

Posted May 18, 2021
  10. I personally like Frenzy, however, I do not think it has what it takes for it to be its own game-mode. I could perhaps see it as a mini-game in Mixed Arcade, however, in my opinion, its gameplay is more suited as a mini-game due to its length and goals that you need to achieve in order to win the game. If you look at games such as Survival Games, Skywars or Super Smash Mobs, you can clearly see the difference between their gameplay and the gameplay in games such as Frenzy.
    If this was the case, which it probably will be after a few days following its release, it would be a waste of the developers' time that could have been used to fix some issues in game-modes that have a major player-base or create a new, more elaborate game-mode. I am not saying that I know how to code or that I am aware exactly how much time it would take to implement your change, however, in my opinion, there are a few other issues that should have priority over a game that could end up not having a player-base at all.
    Unless the game is reworked and given some extra goals or tasks, I consider this game to be in a right place at the moment.

Posted May 18, 2021
    Mikuau likes this.
  11. Thinking about I think that mixed arcade might be a good place for it as it feels much more similar to the short form games there. Maybe it could be in both places like few games are (micro games, gladiators, runner, and maybe more, I don't remember)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2021
    Hwno likes this.
  12. If Frenzy were added to MIN, I'm interested in seeing what kits could be added to it to make it more like a MIN game. Frenzy would just be a bland game without kits added in my opinion.

Posted May 18, 2021
  13. Hey there @Arya_1! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! This idea was suggested back in February, and it was unfortunately marked as Not Planned. If you're interested in reading why it's not planned, or even just other players feedback, you're more than welcome to read the thread here. To reiterate, or to share my thoughts on this idea again, I unfortunately disagree with making Frenzy its own game. With the game being basic, there would be little to no updates as far as game content. With no content updates, I personally feel that it could possibly be a huge factor in players losing interest in the game fast. In conclusion, I think that Frenzy would be best left in the NANO rotation. Seeing how you said you don't have a rank to do a MPS, if you would like to play frenzy more in NANO, you can use /fav to favorite the frenzy mini-game. By favoriting the game, hopefully you will see it a lot more in the rotation. I appreciate this idea suggestion, and I'm interested in what other players may have to say in regards to this idea suggestion.

Posted May 18, 2021
    Paladise likes this.