• 1836 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4415 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frost too op, needs new achiev kit.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Seols, Sep 29, 2019.

1. We already know that closeters exists within this community, but closters and frost kit is too op, I say get rid of frost to reduce their reign across the cw lobby and frost even without closeters is op. Frost can turn any bad player into a decent/good player and wouldn't be fair for the people who actually try to pvp, but end up trading or getting comboed by some noob with frost. Frost takes no skill at all and should be removed or debuffed and we were promised a frost debuff about 5 months ago and still hasn't took place, my suggestion is to get rid of frost and add a new achiev kit like starting off with a stone sword.

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    Multiplicative, Jqyd3n, Fall and 3 others like this.
  2. Heyo!

Personally, I don't agree with you at all here on this. Yes, there was a proposed update, but it still needed time for feedback and things like that. It also most likely still needed to be test, and there have been a lot of bug fixing updates recently (which I feel is more important as of now). If you haven't already, here are some other frosting nerf kits as well if you'd like to read up on them.
    Boom bam bop boddabobpoom POW (sorry, tried to be funny).
    As you can probably read from most of these, a lot of players have mixed feelings about it. With that in mind, I'd personally have to say not to remove the kit, but instead take up the offers that have been proposed on the public GI document.

As for your second idea about the stone sword, this doesn't nearly even compare to any of the kits available in Cake Wars. The damage between a wooden and stone sword is not much at all, and you can easily sit on your generator for a few seconds for something even better than this. Not to mention, stone swords aren't even in Cake Wars right now, and overall this would just be a bad Achievement Kit (especially having to do 10+ achievements!)

However, I do like your idea. It is true that Frosting may need some what of a nerf, but I'm on the fence about that one. For now, I'll leave this at a -1 as I don't think a new kit would be necessary, nor would the harsh amount of nerfing be required. Hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and uhDamien like this.
  3. I like the kit idea, its good for people that rush w/ leather but frosting wouldn't be as bad if there weren't people that throw 3-4 snowballs per fight. Getting rid of an achievement kit a lot of people use won't go well in public opinion. Just nerf it so it's not that overpowered to the point where I need to make an account just to complain about this kit. Also, if your gonna complain about closeters gl with that, anticheats the most efficient way to ban em in an arcade based server and imo, the anticheat is still on vacation.

Posted Sep 29, 2019
    Fallen and Heliology like this.
  4. It didn’t help, u gave me a -1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2019
  5. Hello!

Personally, I do strongly believe that Frosting is to op especially with the blindness and nauseous effects. The server does appreciate feedback and I highly recommend you make another forum post about this mentioning that you believe this is a problem and to have a feedback or community management member review this. Many players do have different feeling about this and I do strongly believe players who do have the Frost kit do have a biased opinion towards it not being removed, I'd probably feel the same way as well if I did have access to the achievement kit.

However, I do like your idea saying that Frosting does deserve a nerf to make it less op because people can throw 3-4 snowballs per fight and they'd either knock them off the island they're currently on or you'd kill them for them not being able to pvp properly with blindness and nausea.

To finish off, I strongly believe that this is true and Frost kit should be removed, changed or revamped. I'll leave this to a +1 unless any changes or updates occur.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  6. Whatsup,

Okay so first of all, saying the kit takes no skill is a stretch, people can easily miss there snowballs if they are to eager to combo them, they can easily miss time it as well, so no, it does take skill, and is not that easy to counter it, because it is a achievement kit, rewarded for players who worked hard and long for it, it has already been nerfed multiple times, if you feel it's OP then go after it yourself, when I first saw someone destroy me, I said "Man that's op as hell!" I raged a bit, but decided to go after the kit myself. I myself have gone into certain games without this kit while having it available to me, and have done fine, especially with the builder kit, that has a lot of ways of countering it, building over them and suffocating them. I have easily dodged snowballs before, but it depends of the skill level of that person, if it is a highly skilled player, yes they can probably demolish anyone without the kit, but that's because they have practiced and spent a lot of time on the kit, and just to remove there kit is kind of tuff if you ask me, so like I said, too OP? Go after it yourself.

-Dig

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  7. Hello there! The community has very mixed feelings about this problem. Personally, I think frosting does need to be nerfed, as it does indeed take no skill. A common excuse for the overpoweredness of the kit is that it is an achievement kit, but I don’t see any reason why this should matter. Most people get carried by team mates to receive this kit and it doesn’t take much skills to get in the first place. Frosting takes almost no though or skill whatsoever and drastically improves ones chances in a fight,
    making it not only not fun but hard to fight against. In my opinion, the people that say frosting is fine are the people who are used to getting countless wins with it, and as their primary clutch in games they would be sad to see it go.

I think this kit needs to be nerfed for sure, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like that will ever happen.

+1

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  8. Frost needs to be fixed, clearly an OP kit.

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  9. OP has roughly 2.4k games of experience more than you, so I would say you could probably stand to lose the condescending remarks.

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Fall and Korben2005 like this.
  10. It's an achievement kit, you have to work to get it and it's already queued for a nerf, we don't need to get rid of it because people don't know how to counter it...

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Korben2005 and SpitefulNick like this.
  11. i have literally gone over why this is a terrible line of reasoning so many times that i've lost count

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    jjzdragon and Korben2005 like this.
  12. yes and any argument that goes against it isn't actually very valid, the fact that it's an achievement kit is a valid point in itself, yes it is slightly overpowered and there is a nerf in line for it, but there is no need to nerf a kit more than required, or even remove it because people can't find counters for it... I've got plenty of counters for frosting, you just have to play the game a lot to learn them (And/or play it competitively like I do)

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  13. Some people partied with hackers to get some of the achievements sooooooo

Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  14. What?

What are you talking about? I said, if you feel it's too op go after it yourself, could you explain what your message means?

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  15. Do I want frosting nerfed into the ground? No. No kit, class, or character, no matter how broken, should EVER be nerfed to the point of unviability in ANY game. Are there effective counters to frosting? ...somewhat, but for the most part, yea, there are. Does that mean that the ridiculously high returns for hm, let's see, hitting someone with a snowball are justified? Absolutely not. Frosting needs a nerf to bring it down a notch, and the less-played kits need to be buffed to be as viable as Builder and Frosting. That'd be the ideal situation.
    --- Post updated ---
    The way you wrote your response to this thread was very condescending, it felt like you were talking down to OP and people who share their opinion on this especially with that line you seem to love, "Go after it yourself". I was just pointing out that you might not exactly be qualified to talk in such a way, given OP's experience versus yours. That clear it up for you?

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  16. Heyo,

That's pretty much all I would say. It's a great explanation, and it explains very well what I feel.

Have a good day/night,
    _ThatsAWrap

Posted Oct 25, 2019
  17. Seols has the kit and is probably a better player than you are.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nani?
    Forum posts don't do a whole lot speaking from experience and judging from the number of posts about how frosting is OP.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  18. What I meant was, if you think the kit is OP get. it. yourself. I don't think that's something bad to say? Personally I don't think it's Over Powered at all, but I guess that is the opinion being played down.
    --- Post updated ---
    What are you saying? Did you even read my message properly? Who is Seols? Do I care? Have I even met him? Why are you mentioning him?

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  19. +1 from me... too bad no action ever gets taken. Its literally like rod vs no rod, there is no real counter in a true melee fight, it is simply a biased and unfair battle.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
  20. It's not that OP, but it is way more powerful than all other kits. Warrior's special move is broken, archer takes 12 gold to even be able to use their ability, and other than suffocating people in platforms builder doesn't really give people any pvp advantage, however that is the goal. The ability to have snowballs that can knock people off of platforms way before anyone can afford bows is OP in itself, regardless of it's use in 1v1 scenarios.

Posted Oct 26, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.