• 398 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2977 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frost too op, needs new achiev kit.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Seols, Sep 29, 2019.

1. @Seols is the OP of the thread you are currently on. The year is 2019. This is the Mineplex Forums Cake Wars section.

Do I need to make it more clear? You are telling someone who has Frosting to get frosting.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
  2. Obviously I need to be more gentle, I was referring to everyone who does not have it, If you do not have it, and feel it is OP, then, get the kit. Was that so hard to understand? Really?

Posted Oct 27, 2019
  3. obvious troll is obvious.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
  4. I hope he's trolling at this point.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
    Korben2005 and matrixyst like this.
  5. is the kit better than the others? yes. is it op? no
    killing frost users isn't a challenge. it can be to others but I don't see how its op.
    ive seen people complaining abt the fov change, but there's a setting that counters it.
    I use frost and warrior. when using frost I don't get better.
    using warrior is like the same as frost to me.
    I win either way xd

Posted Oct 27, 2019
  6. I'd rather have Frosting in a fight than any other kit. I can win 1v1s with players who are better than me, I can slow down people chasing me, I can knock people off bridges and towers, I can do just about anything. The only kit with comparable utility imo is Builder, and to be totally honest, that's why it's a team game. I would expect a team of Frosting and Builder kits to win the vast majority of their games assuming they weren't total bots simply because those two kits are so good. I think Frosting is better than Builder because it's a lot easier to overcome the lack of constant building resources (which frankly don't even come that fast) than it is to overcome a lack of a combostarter as an individual. I think a lot of people get hung up on the fact that you really, really want a Builder on your team to get you to the various islands and save your economy doing that. Thing is that this is a team game, so some combination of the two kits is extremely strong.

All this really tells me is that you don't fight anyone who is actually good, or that you yourself don't know how to abuse its utility. I'm leaning toward the former, and I'm in a similar situation in terms of winning the vast majority of my melee fights regardless of which kit I go. The difference is that when I fight someone actually good, I get a lot more use from Frosting than from any other kit.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  7. I would have to give this a -1 because after all people worked really hard to get frosted and it’s an achievement kit after all

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  8. Hey!

I don’t agree with this idea due to the fact that players have earned by the kit by playing cake wars and completing all the achievements! Also, I don’t think that this kit is overpowered to say, as it requires skill to actually use. You have to actually hit players with your snowballs.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  9. Hey!

I do agree that the frosting kit maybe a little bit too overpowered, but you need to remember that it takes a lot of time and will to get this achievement kit. People have been working hard to get the Frosting Kit, and that's why it should be worth it. I know it can seem pretty unfair to fight against someone who is using the snowballs that slow you down, and I agree that it could be nerfed a little bit, but not too much. Maybe it would be a good nerf to make the snowballs slow down other players for 2 seconds, and not 2.5 seconds. It's a small difference so maybe it wouldn't have much to say in-game, but that's just my suggestion.

Overall, I don't think that the frosting kit is too overpowered during the fact it requires to have unlocked 16 achievements to access it. It can be nerfed, but it would be a small difference to not make it too underpowered. I don't agree with removing it completely. I'll give this a -0.5

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  10. That's a really, really low threshold for skill.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    saltyfishhy, cerns and SpitefulNick like this.
  11. People, the amount of achievements that needs to be completed to play a kit does not change the strength of the kit whatsoever. Those two are completely unrelated and I don’t know why this argument is constantly brought up.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    cerns and SpitefulNick like this.

12. I was told recently by a mod that they are thinking and probably going to remove the slowness completely from the kit. Is it a good Idea Idk but It sure will be interesting

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  13. Yes, the GI team has planned on completely removing the slowness from the frosting kit.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  14. just get good.

Posted Nov 7, 2019
  15. Frosting kit should be removed and replaced with a leaping kit similar to berserker :D. something that provides advantages but not too many, and can also be used tactically. Plus its quite unique which makes it fit for an achievement kit. Everyone knows frosting is op so I think a lot of people would like a berserker kit in CW better.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  16. That would be so much worse.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    FluteVegetables, leo_thya and cerns like this.
  17. nah bruh I really wanna fly to cakes and run away for hours

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  18. You right it will be balanced if we make it an achievement kit. Achievement kits are balanced because people worked hard to get them.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  19. Lmao lil hard to tell if your meming or being sarcastic or if your trying to prove that frosting is fine the way it is because their suggestion is so much more broken XDDDDDDDDD

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  20. Just get good, its that simple.

Posted Nov 10, 2019