• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2437 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Froster for Bedrock?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by DeleteMe, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Achievement Kit for Bedrock Cakewars. I have seen how it works on Java and think it would be nice on bedrock.

Posted Oct 12, 2019
  2. I believe this would be a nice addition to the game but I it won't work as well as the java server since knockback is bugged.

Posted Oct 12, 2019
    DeleteMe likes this.
  3. The frosting kit also slows people so it still should work fairly well in game even if the knockback function dosnt work well

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    DeleteMe and DeathStrike1016 like this.
  4. Oh, gotcha. I never knew that it slows players down, maybe it can be added sometime in the future.

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    DeleteMe likes this.
  5. Heyo!

Personally, I would have to disagree with adding this on bedrock. Bedrock has harder ways to counter this kit, and you have to keep in mind there are mobile and console players going up against potential Java players, who already have experience with their respective kit and platform.

Not only this, but I haven't seen a lot of achievement kits on Bedrock either. If your proposal is to take it down to a purchasable kit, then I would also disagree with that as well. I am not sure how it would work on Bedrock either, as it could become very glitchy very quickly.

The last thing I would have to say about this would be the knockback bedrock has. On Java, players usually take quite a bit of knockback, which does not happen on Bedrock. This kind of makes the kit pointless, and would just be overall annoying to fight. (note: this probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but if you don't take knockback, it is still very easy for the other player to hit you, you can't get knocked off bridges/holes, etc. Kind of ruins the point IMO, but that is just me.)

Overall, I am going to leave this at a -1. I don't think this would be the best addition for bedrock, and shouldn't be added for now. Maybe in the future, but have a nice day for now :)

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    DeleteMe likes this.
  6. Omg yeah I totally forgot how this would really be bad because of how poor the knockback is right now on bedrock. Yeah we need a kb fix asap it is getting out of hand

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
  7. That would be nice but I think java and bedrock need differences that each one unique in there own way

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  8. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

I do not agree with adding the Frosting kit in Bedrock. First, as stated before, players in Bedrock take less knockback than on Java and would make snowballs less useful; the player who gets hit by snowballs will not receive a significant disadvantage from the person who threw them. It is also difficult to combo players if someone is using mobile, console, etc, so the addition of this kit would only benefit those who have much more experience on a device with more convenient controls.

If the knockback was improved, this idea may be considered but until then, I do not see Frosting being implemented in Bedrock any time soon.

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  9. Yeah KB needs fixing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  10. Yo,

If an achievement kit were to be added to Bedrock, I think it’d most likely be frosting. However, since right now we can’t really view the achievements we have to complete on bedrock, I don’t see it being added any time soon. Another reason I don’t think it’ll be added time soon is of course the knockback issue. Knockback is very minimal, and the snowballs would do next to nothing. Slowness would also be useless because the slowness effect is being removed from the kit on Java, so most likely it wouldn’t transfer over to Bedrock.

I think right now the safest bet is to fix the bugs in cakewars rather than add a new achievement kit. Thank you for the idea though, have a good day!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
  11. If we can’t bring frosting to cakewars, bring infestor to block hunt.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  12. Did you say slowness is being removed from froster (:

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  13. Wait, slowness is being removed? Nani?!

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    0joe and SpookVegetables like this.
  14. I hope so (: it’s basically a rod and adding slowness makes it even more OP

Posted Nov 5, 2019