• 204 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2288 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Frosting kit too op.

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by zise, Aug 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hey Everyone,

I think I forgot to mention, I got slowballs a few hours after I wrote that essay. I hadn't noticed how close I was to them. Also, PapiKirito has looked at one of my threads before about people who are overthinking slowballs (Which was posted about 2 weeks ago, way before I got slowballs). People shouldn't worry, just find some new strategies like placing 2 blocks on top of each other or bridging up using platforms and wool blocks. I'm still going to stand by my opinion and say It doesn't need a nerf. It's not op and can be countered. If you disagree you may pm me. Otherwise, I don't want to spam this thread with specifically our arguments.

~Franjona (a.k.a Not_Gamer)

Posted Oct 8, 2019
  2. LULW

Folks, with a winning mindset, you will win!

Look, the issue is that it doesn't just "balance out." While we're all mourning the loss you felt when you realized you had to buy blocks to go somewhere, Frosting affords players who actually know how to use it a very real and very major advantage in melee combat due to the fact that nobody else has a rod gimmick. Builder has suffocation I suppose, which...for lack of a better way of putting it, requires pretty limited number of braincells to either see and avoid or to escape from, and frankly while it's a stupid mechanic, it's extremely easy to deal with. If only the same could be said about a mechanic that deals slow, some knockback, and can be dealt at will by anyone with an iota of skill in the game. Killing people is probably the most useful thing you can do in the game, as it is both one of the objectives and it allows you to fulfill the other objectives in the game. You kill people, you take the point objective. You kill people, they die. You kill people, you've defended. So on. While Builder is probably the second best kit in the game, it doesn't change the fact that at some point or another, you have to fight and kill people. This is also a team game. Builder kit depreciates in value as the game goes on. The bridges have been built at some point and everyone can buy blocks without it costing them something else. Frosting is an advantage whether you're all leathers or everyone is full diamond.

Posted Oct 8, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 8, 2019
  3. Hey Fall,

To be honest, Your post doesn't seem like there was any intent to make a point. It seems like it was just mainly to shoot me down and I'm not sure you did a good job at it. It was also quite rude the way you said things but I understood. Frosting is obviously an advantage, but so are all the other kits. Just play the game and you'll figure out how to counter. That's how basically everyone did. Now don't tell me that "Well explain to me why everyone is complaining about it" because there's only a specific amount of people (about 5) who repetitively complain about it. You shouldn't get mad at someone who uses frosting the first time you fight them, just because they're skilled with it. You're supposed to continue fighting them and figure out their strategy. Also, there aren't many players who are almost impossible to beat when they use their snowballs. Most are bearable. It's quite rare to meet a god like Moistah in a game. Otherwise, most of the Frosting users aren't even that good. It's just a matter of figuring out their strategy.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
  4. bad take, achievement kits shouldn't be the objective best kits in their game. they should be viable sidegrades to the other good kits, not just literally better

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  5. It helps if you tag me or quote me if you actually want me to respond.

Yes, most people who use frosting are pretty bad at Minecraft. We do not care about those people. We don't. Moistah is a decent player, not a god, assuming I'm thinking of the right person. The point is that the bad players are irrelevant to a discussion on balance. The issue with frosting is that it gives good players too much of a leg up. 9 times out of 10 a Frosting user above a certain skill level will win in an otherwise even fight against another player of about the same skill level using Builder or Warrior.

The point of my post was to ridicule yours, which essentially boiled down to "get good" and "have a winning mindset." Was it rude? Absolutely. Was your post somewhere between pretentious and laughable? I think so. I am sorry if it was actually hurtful, I tend to be a bit cantankerous on here given the orgy of issues that Mineplex has at any given time.

There are far more than 5 people who complain about it. Perhaps not on forums, but there are absolutely more than 5 people and you are delusional if you think this is a case of a small, but vocal minority.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
  6. Seriously Fall,

Please don't talk bad about my thread if you don't have anything better to say. If you're just going to say "no" to everything I say, then give a valid reason. Also, in end-game, slowballs are almost useless because the opponent barely moves when they get hit by one.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
  7. ??? They still take the knockback which is all that is needed to start a combo. And you're still getting slowed.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    Task and Fall like this.
  8. Hey leo_thya,
    yes he takes kb, but not enough to be efficient in a combo. I'm not sure why this happens but it's been happening to players against me lately.

Posted Oct 8, 2019
  9. Once again, please quote me or tag me. You can do so by clicking the "Reply" button under my posts or by doing @Fall. As far as saying "no" to everything you say, I actually have responded to most of your concerns, albeit not directly at times. You said there were 5 people who complain about this kit. I said somewhat vaguely that there were more. It should be pretty plainly obvious to anyone that this is the case, but how's this, CW GI has discussed Frosting nerfs many, many times.

I suppose I'll address this?
    Ok, so you've described placing blocks to make a short pillar and blocking up, in other words you're essentially recommending that if I face a Frosting user, I...build up in an attempt to escape? How does that help? The Frosting user isn't dead. What if I need to kill this Frosting user? What if the most likely outcome of attempting to do that occurs, which is that the Frosting user knocks me off my building up either with a sword or with snowballs? What if I'm Warrior kit?

So @leo_thya already addressed this, but the balls also deal slowness, which is probably the single worst debuff to receive while in melee. On top of that, any knockback whatsoever is enough to start a combo. You just need to cancel the sprint. It's obviously easier with more knockback, but even next to none is enough, and look, they're slowed, so the best they should be able to do is trade with you.

There, I gave "valid reasons" as to why you are wrong on a few issues. Would you like to continue?

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    matrixyst, Sam ♡ and leo_thya like this.
  10. Ugh, Nevermind. Can we just drop this all together lol.

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  11. Wait, what? How did I... Get post boosting?

Posted Oct 9, 2019
  12. Hello! (Stated from @Seols thread)

Personally, I do strongly believe that Frosting is to op especially with the blindness and nauseous effects. The server does appreciate feedback and I highly recommend you make another forum post about this mentioning that you believe this is a problem and to have a feedback or community management member review this. Many players do have different feeling about this and I do strongly believe players who do have the Frost kit do have a biased opinion towards it not being removed, I'd probably feel the same way as well if I did have access to the achievement kit.

However, I do like your idea saying that Frosting does deserve a nerf to make it less op because people can throw 3-4 snowballs per fight and they'd either knock them off the island they're currently on or you'd kill them for them not being able to pvp properly with blindness and nausea.

To finish off, I strongly believe that this is true and Frost kit should be removed, changed or revamped. I'll leave this to a +1 unless any changes or updates occur.

Kind Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 21, 2019