• 485 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2569 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Frosting...

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by PolarGods, Feb 16, 2019.

1. So, this would improve the server alot remove or nerf frosting kit from CW. I know that people voted against it because almost everyone uses it because it too overpowered knocks and slows enemy and the more hits you get hit from snowballs you get slowed more so i think it should be atleast nerfed please ty

Posted Feb 16, 2019
  2. Totally agree accept all these other kids who just spam snowballs are gonna disagree

Posted Feb 16, 2019
    Danese and Wiz_Techno like this.
  3. Hey!

Now I would definitely rule out removing Frosting. Frosting is a pretty fair kit, some players don't know how to use it though, some do. Now, nerfing may be an option. How do you think you should nerf Frosting?

Posted Feb 16, 2019
  4. Everyone knows how to use Frosting all you need to do is throw your snowball at the person and buala they now have slowness and can’t counter your combo which is very unfair when going up against a whole party of Frosting kits

Posted Feb 16, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  5. I'm unsure if I'm that fine, but when I get frosted, I can with ease counter combo them. It's all about moving around while you can, strafing, etc.

However, I do agree, frosting should be nerfed.

Posted Feb 16, 2019
    Danese and NothinButNetYT like this.
  6. Yeah I didn’t really make myself clear I think it should be nerfed but not removed because it is an achievement kit and those people earned it

Posted Feb 16, 2019
  7. In my opinion it is not unfair. Frosting does extremely little KB, and barely any slowness, unless you spam the snowballs and successfully hit the other player. That seems very fair to me. Other kits: Warrior you gain hearts after killing a player, this seems just as balanced as Frosting. Builder: Used to build without needing to go to the shop (sometimes people use it to suffocate players) still very fair compared to Frosting. Finally, Archer which is definitely as fair as Frosting because arrows actually do significant damage, and KB. Frosting has been nerfed several times and it does not need another. I have the kit and still don’t use it because I prefer Builder, so it is definitely not overpowered or in need of a removal.

Posted Feb 16, 2019
    james610 and SpitefulNick like this.
  8. I hate to be that guy but like...get good. Frosting really isn't that hard to counter. Sure, it gives an advantage in a 1v1 but it's still fine to deal with. I'd say I'm pretty mediocre PvP-wise and I still have minimal trouble with it. You just got to do literally anything besides charging straight at the froster; strafe, bow spam, block place and/or deploy platform trap are all viable ways to deal with the kit, aside from the obvious, going in with a teammate which almost always works. Unfortunately, enough people have complained for them to have already confirmed a future nerf (I believe they are nerfing the slowness time), but really it's pretty balanced with the other kits for the purposes of the game. If this game was a competition of 1v1 fights I would agree that it should get nerfed, but really cake wars is a team game and every kit has it's purpose- archer for support/defense, warrior for team fights/ offense, builder for team mobility and frosting for 1v1 fights. What a lot of people want is to nerf frosting to the point of it giving no 1v1 advantage, but if we do that it really has no purpose and fails to fit it's niche.

Posted Feb 16, 2019
  9. I don't know. I'm honestly torn. On one hand I feel that snowball kit could use a tiny nerf, but at this point what do you remove? The slowness maybe?

Countering a player using frosting isn't too hard, you just got to know exactly how to counter it. If someone has a fishing rod in SG, and you don't, we don't automatically say "remove the rods" right? Change the way you play to counter the kit just like you would counter a fishing rod.

Posted Feb 16, 2019
    Knavish and Danese like this.
  10. GI has a nerf planned, but the consensus was very divided. I'm hoping to do another poll soon to see where exactly people stand on it.
    For the OP, I don't think we need to remove frosting, It just needs a slight nerf to be able to counter it.

Posted Feb 16, 2019
  11. I completely agree with nerfing frosting, if you’ve ever fight someone with frosting than with warrior it does make a huge difference and should be nerfed.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  12. Hey!

I totally agree that Frosting should be nerfed as you are pretty much at a huge disadvantage before you engage in combat which I believe is rather unfair, especially with a lot of players having this kit it can make Cake Wars not fun to play for someone like me who just likes to play for fun and isn't a PVP master.

Players with the kit are bound to say no (if I had the kit I would probably say no as well) but I do believe that the kit is a bit too much for the game and needs a nerf whether that be reducing the number of snowballs given every time so it isn't used in every fight or reducing the period of time the effects last.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    PeytonSam likes this.
  13. I totally agree with you. However, I don’t believe reducing the rate of the time you get snowballs would help. It would make life a lot harder and make the kit almost unusable, as the entire point would just be extremely slow. Maybe decreasing the time by a few seconds would be better.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  14. Game Insights has already planned a nerf, so hopefully that will be decided soon. As for the idea, yeah, I agree that frosting could use a nerf, at least a little one. I’ve been playing a lot more Cake Wars lately and I agree that frosting can be a bit difficult to counter. While it is possible to counter it can be difficult.

Not a lot of players have this kit so some probably don’t know the best way to counter it, so I can totally understand where a lot of people are coming from. As said above GI has a nerf in the works so hopefully that can be soon.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  15. Hey there!

I mainly play on the Cake Wars and I do agree that the Frosting kit should nerf in the next update. While I was playing Cake Wars a few days ago, I have a hard time fighting against a player with their frosting kit, and it is hard for me to fight them. We do not want to remove the Frosting kit, but just nerfing it will be slightly useful to make the gameplay fair for everyone. As what GI mentioned that they have already planned to nerf the Frosting kit soon.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  16. Like said above frosting kit should be nerfed and hopefully will be soon. I don't agree with removing it entirely but at least nerfed to be fairer. Hopefully, Frosting will be easier to fight against soon.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  17. First of all, become an active SSM player to see what severely unbalanced kits are like. If you have experience with that, you may realise that the Cake Wars kits aren't as unbalanced as you think.

Frosting needs either a tiny nerf or no change.

The demographic of frosting users: 100% users with all achievements.

The demographic of all other kits: mostly users without all the achievements, including many users that are new to the game.

Based on that, it's plain to see that the skill gap of the players is likely to be a significant factor in believing frosting is "op".

And honestly... if a frosting user misses their snowballs their kit is useless. So maybe practice dodging them?

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  18. iim sorry i rely on frosting :(

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  19. I know

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019
  20. agreed, i think that a nerf would be great cause not everyone is able to just dodge frost, people who use it and take advantage of it say its fair but we all know its not. plus rods are already a hard thing, and snowballs also have slowness, i think that removing slowness would make it fair for all the players just like a rod and a lot of other people would start to use it.

Posted Feb 21, 2019