• 1616 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10054 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Gambit - A Destiny 2 game redefined and hosted on Mineplex?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Cluckers, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Hey guys so if you don't already know Destiny 2 just had a free gambit weekend and not only did I find myself playing this mini game in Destiny 2 for hours but also realized how fun and how cool it could be if implemented into the Mineplex game category. For those of you who don't know how gambit works:

Gambit is split into two teams of 4. Both teams start on there own side in their own world were they have to grind out Entities and grab motes that are dropped by these entities. Some entities have a higher chance of dropping more motes although these entities are more powerful. After a team has filled up on motes (up to 15 at a time) they have to deposit them in a vault. Here's the catch the vault opens and closes based on when a team cashes in. If one team cashes in more motes then the team who didn't cash in the most motes then has a "block". A block consists of X amount of powerful entities for X amount of motes deposited on the winning motes side. Don't judge me on this because Im not 100% sure on how this works but I believe if there is a block in place then the team that blocked the blocked team can send 1 guy through the portal into there world and kill the player making them drop motes. There are also ULTS but thats more advanced towards each class. The goal of the game is to get to 100 motes and then defeat the final boss. The final Boss is very powerful and portals for the players on both sides will open more often. In the Boss stage if a player is killed the players team's boss health goes back up. (again i'm not sure on exact numbers) The game is played in 3 rounds. Im sorry i'm a little bit ify on how gambit is technically played but from the two free days I had to play it it was extremely fun and seems like a very easy/complicated game to implement but would bring mineplex much joy!

I found a Article that further explains Gambit: https://screenrant.com/destiny-2-forsaken-gambit-mode/

Posted Nov 12, 2018
  2. Yo,

Coming from an avid Destiny and Destiny 2 player I think a revamp of Gambit could be amazing. My only concern is how they would code the mobs to not attack the player who is invading. I don't think subclasses would work in this case as the complex system of the different Warlock, Titan and Hunter subclasses would be extremely hard to code and would only add a little. I think it would be cool if we added our own spin on subclasses that each had different abilities though. (Also for the number pretty sure the Prime Evil regenerates 1/3 of its health) Overall I think this would be a fun game mode and it's an extremely cool concept.

Posted Nov 12, 2018
    Cluckers likes this.

3. Thanks for your support on this thread! I definitely think adding our own twist will be better. From most people's perspective, Gambit doesn't sound like a fun minigame unless you play destiny 2 so I ask you and anyone else who would like to participate to message me if you would like to join on a command block base project of gambit to show the community how fun this game will actually be. We can figure out the sub classes and other ideas on the test server before (if it gets approved) it can be coded correctly from mineplex. Sadly I only got to enjoy Gambit for a short time due to it only being free for 2 days but from the time I played it I got to know how much strategy you rely on in this game and just how fun and competitive it can get.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2018
  4. Hello,
    After reading the article and watching a few videos of game play of this game mode, I think this has potential to become a game on Mineplex. However, I do have a few concerns. Firstly, the game seems overall a bit complicated and hard to pick up on. What I mean by this is that players who are not familiar with Destiny may have trouble figuring out how to play the game. On Mineplex, games are described in a short paragraph at the start of the game and I don't think you could explain this that easily. In addition to that, like Augend said, the classes seem too complex to be translated into Minecraft and might need to be altered or revamped (which I am not opposed to, it would probably be better to develop unique kits). One suggestion I have in order to make the game easily understood is to take terms such as "motes" and simply call them "coins" or "gems" or something like that to make it less confusing. Overall, I think this game could potentially be very fun and a good addition to the server if measures are taken to make it more compatible with Mineplex and to make the concept easier to understand for those who do not play Destiny. If you have any questions about my feedback, please tell me so we can discuss it.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 14, 2018

5. Hey! So me and a team of 4 have been working on a way to create this minigame to give the dev's here at mineplex a way to play the game and try it for themselves. Although we are only on the beginning stages we have wrote a lengthy description that fully explains how to play the game, and have started moving to bug testing and development. The problem is We have no builders and can't build for our life so I decided to make a new Recruitment thread. Here it is: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/builders-needed-the-building-of-gambit-a-destiny-2-mini-game.11689/

Just thought I'd give you all an update :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2018
    SickleMode likes this.