• 915 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3494 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Game Idea: Nether Wars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by LT Tombstone 77, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Should Nether Wars be Added?

1. Yes (Tell me why you like it)

92.9%
  2. No (Give me a suggestion on how to improve it and why you dislike it)

7.1%
  1. Hey, everyone, LT here with a game idea. I was thinking about games that could be added to Mineplex and thought of this one all on my own- so clearly copyright wouldn't be an issue here, just objections and dislikes. So let's hear about this new game. Details provided below:

MAPS: Blazing Fortress (Nether Fortresses as bases and passageways as places to attack/ run through/ etc.), Nether Arena (Large portion of nether turned into a battle-arena type area, with nether castles as bases and the overall area to attack and stuff), Fiery Gateway (Islands on lava, bases would be larger islands with bunker-like features and small islands to jump across).

TEAMS: Blaze Team: (Yellow Color), Blaze rod (object to destroy). Wither Team: (Black Color), Wither head (object to destroy). Ghast Team: (White Color), Ghast tear (object to destroy). Magma/ Magma Cube Team: (Orange Color), Magma cream (object to destroy). Each team will have 6 players.

KITS (Keep in mind that each team has their own unique kit): Blaze Team kits: Blaze Barrage: Summon Blazes to attack your opponents; may go after other teams' eggs. Maximum of 3 spawns, Iron Sword, Yellow Leather Armor. (Cost: 3000 Gems) Fire Master: Blaze Rod enchanted with Fire Aspect II, Fire Resistant Yellow Leather Armor. (Cost: 5000 Gems) Flaming Defense: Bow with Flame; Maximum of 25 arrows, Yellow Leather Armor, Iron Sword. (Cost: 4000 Gems) Protector: Nether brick blocks to place around egg, Maximum of 30, Yellow Leather Armor with an Iron Helmet, Iron sword, Diamond Pickaxe. (Cost: FREE) Wither Team kits: Dark Archer: Bow with Punch II, Maximum of 12 Wither Arrows, Black Leather Armor, Iron Sword. (Cost: 6000 Gems) Safe Keeper: Coal blocks to protect egg with, Maximum of 30, Black Leather Armor, Iron sword, Diamond Pickaxe with Efficiency III. (Cost: FREE) Wither Lord: Wither skeleton spawn eggs, Maximum of 6; may fight or raid bases, iron sword, Black Leather Armor. (Cost: 5000 Gems) Withering Destruction: Ability to give other players the Wither Effect with splash potions, Maximum of 5, iron sword enchanted with KnockBack II, Black Leather Chestplate and Leggings. (Cost: 8000 Gems) Ghast Team kits: Fire Dealer: Ability to throw fireballs at other players and bases; damaging them, Fire Resistant White Leather Armor, iron sword, ability to temporarily turn into a ghast. (Cost: 5000 Gems) Blissful Archer: Bow with Flame; Maximum of 30 arrows, Blast Proof White Leather Armor, Iron sword. (Cost: 2000 Gems) King Of Fire: Iron sword enchanted with Fire Aspect II and KnockBack III, Fire Resistant White Leather Armor, lava bucket. (Cost: 7000 Gems) Defender: Can summon 2 ghasts to guard the egg and attack other bases, quartz blocks to place around egg, Maximum of 25, White Leather Armor, Stone Sword with Smite IV. (Cost: FREE) Magma/ Magma Cube Team: Leaper: Leaping feathers, Maximum of 4, splash potions of leaping, Maximum of 2, Orange Leather Armor, iron sword. (Cost: 1000 Gems) Summoner: Summon magma cubes to fight back or defend your egg, Maximum of 3, on rare occasions baby magma cubes may spawn, which do 4x the damage, Orange Leather Armor, Iron sword with Fire Aspect I. (Cost: 6000 Gems) Magma Warrior: Iron sword with Smite V, do +.5 more damage, Orange Leather Armor with Fire Resistance. (Cost: 8000 Gems) Blockade: Magma blocks for your egg, Maximum of 20, Iron sword, Orange Leather Armor. (Cost: FREE)

SHOPS: Each team will have one shop. The shop consists of items such as nether related blocks and pickaxes, along with spawn eggs. You can earn coins by killing players, which then get you things from the shop. Blocks that can be acquired from kits will be the most expensive, whereas other blocks won't be as expensive. Pickaxes will go by level of rarity, and the highest will be an enchanted diamond pickaxe with efficiency III. Spawn eggs will be the most expensive, depending on which mob is harder to defeat.

OBJECTIVE: Try to destroy the other team's nether-related item! The item will start with 15 lives or 10 (Not entirely sure yet). Players kill each other to get coins, which buy necessary items. You cannot build within 2 blocks of the item., and you cannot build over 7 blocks tall, as that would be an annoying defense. After your item is destroyed, you have 3 lives left before you die entirely. Once killed for the final time, you will drop your items and 2x the coins you had acquired (prior to final death, you lose coins after you die). There will be a border around the map to ensure that no one falls out or stays somewhere they aren't supposed to be. You will have to fight other mobs and players in order to destroy an item. Killing mobs is worth less coins than players.

TIME FRAME: The length of a Cake Wars game or perhaps longer.

VERSION: Bedrock. (Perhaps Java too, but it'd be nice on Bedrock.)

ACHIEVEMENTS: Blazing Victory: Win 50 Games on Blaze Team. (Reward: 900 Gems) Return To Sender: Win 75 games on Ghast Team. (Reward: 900 Gems) Withering Triumph: Win 100 games on Wither Team. (Reward: 900 Gems) Magma Reign: Win 125 games on Magma/Magma Cube Team. (Reward: 900 Gems.) Incinerating Death: Get killed by fire. (Reward: 1000 Gems) Everlasting: Win one game on each team. (Reward: 275 Gems) Skillful Archer: Kill a player using archery. (Reward: 2000 Gems) Unstoppable: Win 1000 games. (Reward: 3000 Gems) God of the Nether: Destroy 2000 Eggs. (Reward: 5000 Gems).

SIDE NOTE: There would definitely be teamchat, since the creator of this game is Shadow Muted...

UPDATED: Wither Lord can now only summon wither skeletons and not a wither, because it was pointed out that that is a little bit too op. Fire Dealer can now also temporarily turn into a ghast. Added COSTS to every kit! Added ACHIEVEMENTS! Now officially 6 players per team! Changed spawn eggs to items! 5 block tall limit changed to 7 blocks! These changes were made according to suggestion! :D

THANK YOU ALL FOR CONSIDERING! DO NOT FEEL OBLIGED TO SAY SOMETHING NICE IF YOU TRULY THINK THIS IS DUMB AND WOULD NEVER WORK! COMMENT YOUR OPINION HONESTLY AND TELL ME WHY YOU THINK THAT. I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS GET ADDED, BUT I'M SURE THERE'S A LOT WRONG WITH IT. (Sorry, low self-esteem xD.) TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BELOW AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR READING THIS. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE THIS GAME, COMMENT THAT AS WELL! :D
    - LT

Posted Dec 10, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 17, 2019
  2. Hi!
    So to start off, I think the general idea of the game is like CakeWars. But, they don’t have that many similarities, the only similarity I can name is that you have to destroy a cake where as in this game you have to destroy a spawn egg. I can see you put a lot of work into this game, and feel there is nothing to add to improve this idea. I feel like it would be very fun and entertaining to play. I hope one day I see this as a game!
    +1
    -xGetRektedx

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    FoxCatcher and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  3. Thanks for that bro, I appreciate it, and yes, I did spend a lot of time working on the idea. I’d really like to see it get implemented too, and I’d think it would really attract a lot of players seeing it is original. It would be amazing if my game was added, I think it would be really cool ^^.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx and FoxCatcher like this.
  4. I have to agree with @xGetRektedx. This game is similar to CakeWars, but at the same time it has it’s own uniqueness to it. I can see you put a lot of effort into this idea, and I would like to see more effort put into suggestions. The kits are very thoughtout and so is the general idea of the game. I like the fact that the teams are based off of monsters in the nether and that the kits that go with them have to deal with the creature’s ability in the game. I also like the fact that you can get coins by killing players, which can then be used for the shop. This stands out from CakeWars and BedWars. I also like the fact that you have designed maps for the game, which many people who posted game threads did not do. Another thing I like about this game is that the shop differs from the CakeWars shop. I also like the fact that the objective is a little different from CakeWars. All and all, I think this is a great idea and should be implemented!
    +1 from me

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  5. Thanks for that, that means a lot. I have put an immense amount of effort into the idea of this game. I also tried really hard to make it differ from other games and to be original.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  6. Hello,

Just from me, everything I was going to state is in this post, so please follow this.

+1

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  7. I love the idea of a cake wars style game yet more kit based. I think you should probably decrease the power of the wither team because being able to spawn a wither would be kind of overpowered and overly game-changing. The wither skeleton part, on the other hand, is cool and would work perfectly fine. I also think that the fire dealer form the ghast team should be able to temporarily turn into a ghast and shoot fireballs. One more thing I think there should be is another way to collect coins other than PVP, for example, capturing beacons like in cake wars.
    Other than that, I think this game mode would be amazing and would love to see it added to Mineplex.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRektedx like this.
  8. Oh xD
    --- Post updated ---
    I added your suggestions to the game! Thanks for helping to make this idea better! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2019
    ara_elite likes this.
  9. Another suggestion is that instead of having limits of how many arrows or how many spawns a player can do it should be based on something like mana. This would allow people that are better at PVP to be able to continue to fight and not have to self kill to use abilities after staying alive for a long time.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  10. I added your suggestions to the game! Thanks for helping to make this idea better! :D
    That would be good, however, I limited the amount of items players got because I didn't want some kits to be too op, say if a bow had infinity. Also, maybe suggestions on how much mana you would need?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2019
  11. Wow! This seems like a great addition to Mineplex! I think I would definitely play the server more, seeing I’m new to it and have been on other PE servers. This game is just the kind of game I’ve been looking for! Something new and not just a redo of other games. I can see it was very well thought out. Maybe you should add achievements and costs for the kits in case it does get added! In which I’d like to see!

Since this would definitely make me play on the sever more, it deserves a +1.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  12. This is a good idea, but adding mana could be a copyright issue with another server.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  13. Yeah, you’re right, another major server I’m thinking of does the same thing with SkyBlock.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2019
  14. wow this seems wayyyyyy too long for me to read but it seems very interesting
    +1 from me :)))

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    FoxCatcher and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  15. The mana would be good at about around 100 and reloading at a rate of like 3 per second. This would stop things like rapid fire because after 10 shots they would become useless for like 3 seconds allowing them to become easily killable. For Spawners, it could cost like 60-70 mana depending on what monster it is making them able to spawn at a rate of about one every 20-25 seconds. Or you could completely abandon mana and have reload time for using abilities. For example, archers could maybe use a special arrow every other shot or every 3 shots and spawners would have reload times of like 25-30 seconds.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  16. Thanks and you should play Mineplex more xD. Also, I will get to adding achievements and costs. ^^

OP OP
    XxB1oodR3d likes this.
  17. "Mana" is a word that comes from Polynesian languages meaning "supernatural power." It is a term used in a lot of games dealing with spells and magic, so Mineplex would not get get sued for copyright. Also, pretty sure that’s a bit petty of a lawsuit topic considering some games between servers have been completely copied and rebranded without getting punishment.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    Xukuwu and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  18. I suppose you're right.

OP OP
  19. Yes, that’s true, but another server is already using a mana idea. I don’t exactly know if that’s copying them but the idea of the mana is similar so there could be potential issues.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    DejectedBot and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  20. Hey there! I have to say yes to this! It is very thought out and creative. I think the general ide a of the game is unique and not very similar to any other game. I can see you put a lot of effort into this game and I hope it gets excepted.
    +1
    DejectedBot

Posted Dec 12, 2019