• 1547 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9985 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game ideas: Maze Fall, Soft Feet, Sniper Duel

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by Larmacia, Feb 21, 2019.

?

Which of my game ideas would you like to see in Nano Games??

1. Maze Fall!

2. Soft Feet!

3. Sniper Battle!

4. None!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hello,

I'd like to present three game ideas for Nano Games!

Two of them focus on the aspect of falling; one of them is about finding a place where to fall and the other is about falling softly.
    Both aren't exactly new, but I think they'd fit well into the concept of Nano Games.

The third one is about archery.

Game idea 1: Maze Fall

Players spawn in a huge tower right at the top, and they need to find holes in the floor in order to progress to the next floor. Whoever makes it the lowest, wins.
    Different floors could be made of different blocks in order to make it harder to find holes (like glass blocks, or floors with low light level). Also different holes in one level could lead to different sections of the next floor.
    Since most people would probably remember the location of some holes pretty fast, players could receive knockback sticks to push around other players and make it harder for them to fall to the next floor. The game ends when one player has reached the goal (or when a timer ends after the first player reached the goal).

Game idea 2: Soft Feet

Some of you might know these games where you need to run down a hill while avoiding fall damage because you're literally at 1/2 hearts health, so any fall damage would kill you. Checkpoints could be implemented similar to the Parkour Nano Game, and players could receive snowballs to slow others down.The game ends when one player has reached the goal (or when a timer ends after the first player reached the goal).

Game idea 3: Sniper Battle

Two teams stand on two separated platforms. Their goal is to eliminate the other team by shooting them with arrows, which kill instantly. At first the platforms are rather thin (Maybe 10 to 15 blocks wide, but only 2 or 3 blocks long), and maybe 50 to 70 blocks apart from each other. Everytime one team kills a player from the opposite team, their platform extends by some blocks, so that they can get closer to the opposite team and have more room to dodge.The game ends when one team has been eliminated completely or after a timer ends.

Please leave your feedback! :D
    Thanks for reading!

Best regards,
    Caty
    --- Post updated ---
    ... Yeah I just saw there's a similar game to Maze Fall already in Quick. Never seen that one before... oops

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  2. These are some neat ideas!

Firstly with Maze Fall, like you mentioned a bit later, there's already a challenge quite similar to this in Quick, therefore I don't know if it'd be a great idea to make it into its own Nano game. However, if you have any other ideas to make this different from the version in Quick, I'd love to hear it! The idea of players having knockback sticks is interesting, but I don't think that'd be enough to separate the two.

I really like the ideas you have for Soft Feet, and I think this could be an awesome Nano game. Personally, I dislike the idea of players having snowballs to slow eachother down, as I think it would be fine as it is when it comes to the challenge of trying to not take any fall damage and snowballs sound like they would just be really annoying. The checkpoint feature like in Hardcore Parkour sounds good as well, which is nice to have so the game can remain fairly quick to play. Overall, I'm all for this suggestion and it'd be sweet to see a game like this implemented in Nano.

Sniper Battle sounds great as well, and I have a few questions about how it would work. If platforms start out very thin, does this mean that accidentally falling off the edge is a risk? Or would you want to have some sort of barrier like a fence keeping people from falling. I like the idea of platforms slowly extending so as the game gets a bit more tense as it progresses.

Overall, these are some interesting suggestions, and I could really see them fitting into the Nano rotation with some tweaks. Keep up the good work!

Posted Feb 26, 2019
  3. Hello!

Maze Fall: As BuySomeApples mentioned and you mentioned at the end, there is already a game mode very similar to this one, so not sure if it would fit in NANO.
    Soft Feet: I do really like this idea! This game mode sounds like something I would want to play, and I could definitely see myself getting frustrated and annoyed when I get sent back to the start, but if there were checkpoints, then I’m all for it. There could potentially be different themed maps for it, like maybe a lava map, an ice glacier map, a wilderness/jungle map. With a few tweaks, a game like that could really be a great addition to NANO.
    Sniper Battle: With this one, I am getting some Turf War vibes, but not bad. Personally I think it would be cool if instead of having the border and floor expand toward each other as the game progresses, it could start out wider and the amount of floor space would become smaller as the game progresses, instead of getting closer to each other. With some tweaks, I could see this one working as well!
    All in all, you have some good concepts here. Keep up the good work!

Posted Feb 26, 2019
    Larmacia likes this.
  4. Hey!

As people above stated that Maze Fall already "exists" so I won't be commenting on that idea.

The other game ideas Soft Feet and Sniper Battle, I like both ideas. When you were describing the game idea I could already imagine the maps/gameplay of it! And I must say I would be in love with that game for sure. The idea fits perfectly into the category NANO.

Sniper Battle, as ThanksPyro mentioned, gives "turf war vibes". But the game doesn't sound that bad, since Turf War can be often a really long game so with changing the concept a bit and maybe giving us visual material (maps etc.) that we can fully understand the difference with turf war and this game.

To sum it up I really enjoy your ideas and would love to hear/see a bit more about them!

- SirDog

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  5. Hello!

I think I’ll start off by saying that I do really like these ideas.

As stated several times, the Maze fall exists. But I think maybe just a maze game would be neat to have in Nano. Possibly could be a randomized maze so people can’t memorize it? Not entirely sure how it would work.

With the other two, I can easily see these games being implemented! I think it would fit right in to the rest of the nano games. I am in agreement with ThanksPyro on these, there should be checkpoints in Soft Feet. I also agree with the idea to change up the concept up a bit for Sniper battle. That would make the game more enjoyable for me.

Overall these are great ideas! Have a good day,
    -Ben

Posted Feb 27, 2019
  6. I like this. We these should definitely be in a bedrock version of -snip-'s Minerware. Oh wait, is that this Nano Games? Well, bedrock should have a version of Nano Games then...

Posted Mar 1, 2019