• 404 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3570 Players Online
  • 3166 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Game Timer

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by _Gorgonite, Sep 17, 2020.

1. There isn't really much to say here, I just think that adding a maximum amount of time a game can last would be a good idea. Game stallers are really frustrating, we all know and abhor them. Limiting a game of SSM to 10-15 minutes might just be better for the game in general. If the timer runs out, the person with the most lives wins or if they have the same amount of lives its just a draw and no wins are counted to the players.

There's probably a lot of effects that this addition might have but I currently am lacking in the mental fortitude to figure them out so let me know.

Posted Sep 17, 2020
    Mitchy and 73GG like this.
  2. There is a game timer actually, its just super long. But I think this is an idea that should be tested first as I don't really keep track of time while playing.

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  3. Idk if they changed this or not but a couple years ago (3?) there was a timer and it ran out right after the 3rd smash spawned in. I was playing against a spider on a deleted map that was shaped like a donut. Was really annoying and a waste of time. I agree that the timer should be shorter and it should be displayed at the top of the screen. I think making the timer 15 or at least 10 would be plenty, a lot of games I'm in last less than 5 minutes.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  4. The deleted map is called Avialae

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  5. current timer is about 25-30min, game usually ends shortly after 5th smash crystal

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  6. 10-15 minutes is too short

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  7. I disagree.

I think 10-15 minutes is a more than appropriate amount of time. Any longer and running is encouraged. Having a 10-15 minute timer - with a system like whoever has the highest stocks at the end of the game wins - discourages running as the chaser would just have to knock one stock off the player and wait out the timer, forcing the runner to fight.

Furthermore, it discourages camping playstyles for the exact same reasons, making Super Smash Mobs much more enjoyable as a whole.

Posted Sep 22, 2020
  8. No game timer should be needed, the game should take as long as it takes. If you sit back and just camp it's going to take longer, If you want the game to be quicker play more aggressively!

Posted Sep 23, 2020
  9. I feel like this would be both a good and bad addition. While most of us probably don't want to spend 15+ minutes in a game, its probable that we would see longer games more often simply because a shorter timer would encourage people to guard a stock until the timer runs out. If some players are willing to stall with the long timer that is currently in place, there's no telling how time wasting can be abused for wins if the timer is shortened. This is obviously assuming that the person with the most lives would win at the end, but it's something that many people here are suggesting so I just wanted to point it out. Maybe just making it a draw would be the best idea?

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    73GG likes this.