• 183 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2101 Players Online
  • 1918 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Games Mineplex NEEDS TO Update!

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by chrris, Aug 6, 2022.

1. :D this is only for java btw, not bedrock

Posted Aug 6, 2022
  2. I'd say any and all of them.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  3. I agree with most of this, except for mixed arcade.
    Clans, Champions and Skywars all badly need updating, as they have very low amounts of players with Skywars and Champions games rarely ever starting. Clans has one server with players which isn't even a hardcore server, so no raids/warpoints. So I agree that all 3 need updating, however I personally feel that Mixed Arcade is fine as it is. I've been playing it a lot recently to try and get achievements as I wanna get /stats as close to complete as possible, and honestly it seems fine as it is. That's just my opinion though, but lobbies fill and no one really complains from what I've seen. Good video though!

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  4. True, I'm just saying what should be prioritized.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  5. I'd say they should focus first and foremost on the games that still have a little life left in em.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  6. The problem I see with Skywars is that every server has it pretty much - it's a staple. So sinking time into it may not be as profitable as anticipated because of the competition. I'd focus on the games that make Mineplex stand out, those that have sufficient players, or those which are Mineplex originals. Champions and SSM at least. When the server is bigger, then maybe it'll be in a better shape to compete, but the priority now should be standing out from other servers.
    Not saying Skywars and others should be abandoned, just what should be prioritised first. It'd also make sense to squish bugs before adding new content imo.

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    chrris and 1dragoneye like this.
  7. Heyo Chris! There is a lot of truth behind your video and the points you make throughout your video. As much as I would like to see new content come to MP, I think I'd like to see older games receive the updates they deserve. There are so many old nostalgic classic's that deserve updates. One point in your video that stuck out to me in particular is the one made about SkyWars...SW used to be popping when the elemental kits were implemented and it made the game mode so unique. I miss elemental kits and hope to see them brought back in the future. Aside from that, I feel that older games should be focused on until we get more Developers. When more updates are pushed/more Devs are hired, maybe new content could be pushed. Great video as per usual!

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  8. Hey Chris, nice video (again..) short and sweet :) Which brings me to a question.. would you ever consider making longer content?

Yeah I really think these games need and to be honest, deserve updates haha hopefully we will get more front-end developers to start implementing these updates, as mentioned in your video. Timmi can't do everything them self (Same with gyro on Bedrock). The lack of updates honestly isn't incentivising anyone to suggest anything anymore due to the feeling that it'll be neglected due to "Lack of dev time" (at least in my opinion) so I really hope Mineplex can turn it around and bring some epic updates for all the games :D

Looking at the future, I cannot wait for the new game and infrastructure update, hopefully after that older games will be looked at :eyes:

But yeah, nice video.. especially cos I was in it xD

Posted Aug 7, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  9. Most likely I will, it just depends on how heavily I want to talk about x y or z topics.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2022
    danb76 likes this.