• 705 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10153 Players Online
  • 9448 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gathering random intel

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Cabob, Feb 28, 2019.

1. What kit do you guys think is the worst kit (least viable) and why? Just asking for fun :)
    A lot of people argue its chicken, magma, or squid, but a lot of you also think those kits are top tier for some reason. I want to hear thoughts from all skill levels... because why not.

:sigils::gwen:

Posted Feb 28, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  2. I think IG is the worst, but chicken is definitely down there. Magma and squid are definitely low tier but nowhere near IG or chicken level.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think IG is the worst, but chicken is definitely down there. Magma and squid are definitely low tier but nowhere near IG or chicken level.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  3. i actually think squid is decent, i wouldnt say worst. its ink shotgun can do decent damage, and super squid is a really good ability that can block some major attacks. not a good kit, by any means, but definitely wouldnt say worst.
    im curious to hear your reasoning for ig being the worst kit. imo, ig is actually more towards the top. while on paper, it does have a big hitbox which would sound like a bad kit, but it has 7 melee damage, the highest (?) natural melee damage (natural as in constant, so no villager butcher or cow stampede). it also can deal with ranged with its hook, so its not completely out of the game against say, a zombie or skeleton.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
    CCozy likes this.
  4. I would definitely say IG is one of the least viable kits. It has almost no ranged abilities, and the hook only brings people partially close to you and only if you land it. I'm not sure what people have against chicken, if you play it right, its one of the best kits in the game. Yes it does have no armor and a few weaknesses, but it is still very strong if you know how to play it right. The chicken missile(which does a decent amount of damage) can be landed to have no cooldown, and if you are good at hitting them then you can kill some extremely fast. I have met a person named HuntOnyx who is probably one of the best chicken players I have ever seen, and after fighting him I doubt anyone would say chicken is one of the worst kits in the game. If you see a chicken that is doing badly, they likely are not playing the kit right. Magma is really only a kit that is annoying, but I would not say it is as bad as IG. It is certainly annoying, but it does little damage. Squid is one of the lower tier characters, because it does not have the smallest hitbox, and it can be taken from range. It certainly does not have the weaknesses IG has, because it has relatively good mobility. If I were to offer up my own advice, I would say that the Snow Golem is one of the worst kits because you can dodge the snowball spam, and the movement ability is good, but not the best.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  5. You say ig one of the least viable because it has no range but what range does chicken have? at least ig can pull people, chicken is completely weak against ranged. if you go against any skeleton with chicken, its over, unlike ig that can tank most of the shots, and pull them in. "few weaknesses" it relies on chicken missile so much. if you miss chicken missile, you can get punished for it, a lot, with that low armor. yes it resets the cooldown, but we are humans, and we do miss. nobody can aim chicken missile 100% of the time, and more then likely you will miss if you are going against a good player and get punished as previously stated. if you lost to a chicken, its more or less your fault, a player skill issue, and not that huntonyx is an "amazing chicken" magma cube i think most people can agree is definitely worse than ig. magma cube is really only good for running away, and not really anything else.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  6. I'd say that the worst kit (imo) has to be Villager. The abilities are super clunky so you only ever get off a good hit when it's luck. Your only option when playing this kit is to just melee normally.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  7. Sonic hurr is actually really easy to hit and probably villager's best ability. It has a wide range and great damage. Not to mention you can't dodge it up close since it's so fast.
    Also if you aren't switching forms with villager you aren't playing it right. If you don't know how you just right-click until you get the form you want next then press q to activate it. Villager is really underestimated and is honestly not that bad.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 1, 2019
    Johnny Welamton, Crash, CCozy and 3 others like this.
  8. I think I see why you believe that chicken is not a viable kit. It does not have too much range, but the point of chicken is not to take someone from range. It is to get up close and use double jumps to first close the gap, then midair combo. The chicken missile is meant for at beat mid to close range, and I have not see a chicken player use the chicken missile as a serious long range option. If you think that chicken is a bad kit, then again, you are playing it incorrectly.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  9. good luck trying to close the gap when chicken takes 200% knockback, which means you get launched extremely far if you get hit. and if you use all of your flaps trying to dodge? you get even more punished then if you were to miss chicken missile, and if you miss chicken missile AND use all of your flaps? you can kiss your stock goodbye. if you play perfectly, not human-like perfect, then chicken can be good, but you could say that for every kit.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
    ChrisPKStar likes this.
  10. i think it's guardian
    like if u agree

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  11. This is why we need a dislike reaction again

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2019
  12. biased GI lead?!!!?!

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  13. Magma and chicken (like you said) but also snowman in my opinion. Snowman can be pretty viable with it's melee + passive, but it's projectile doesn't do enough damage to help players who lack melee skills (their fault but it's still something to consider since most kits have projectiles / abilities that do substantial damage) and acts more like a push back for the snowman to catch up with the enemy or run away. It might be intended but it makes snowman one of the more unused kits.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  14. As someone who mains Snowman, I can tell you that, in my opinion, it’s quite viable and you can win games with it. Personally, I won’t mind a small buff to it; however due to the fact that I absolutely love the class I’m quite bias.
    I have 300 SSM wins, more or less, so I would consider myself at least a somewhat decent player, and I would think of myself as up there in terms of skill level, but there are some players that I couldn’t beat if I have four lives and they had one. In my opinion, I believe that the Wither Skeleton could use a touch up. To my knowledge, it has stayed relatively the same since the beginning, so it would be cool to see some form of a change or buff for that class. Perhaps increasing the Wither Skulls’ velocity or give the Wither Skeleton a bit more armour could possibly boost it up on the teirlist. Again, I’m no expert; as such please don’t take my thoughts on this too seriously!

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  15. Sorry meant to put my reasoning in the previous post but was bugged out for this thread. Like you assumed, the hit box is the main reason. In theory the damage and armor make up for it, but the big hit box + a lack of mobility/somewhat weak recovery are what trash the kit for me. It seems to be at a disadvantage against most other kits- melee kits like wolf and spider can out damage it, while ranged kits like skelly and zombie have a huge target to bow spam. Imo it takes a pro IG to just compete with a mediocre person of any other class.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
    Darius likes this.
  16. If I had to say, Spider has got to be the worst kit. First, it’s a free kit and that already hinders it’s abilty to perform well. Spider also does very little damage like needler does half a heart. Spin web does 6 damage, but even if you do hit the webs, the people stuck in it get no knockback and are able to use that to their advantage to damage the spider user. Wall climb also isn’t that good, compared to something like Earthquake. All you get is an extra double jump. The mobility is also pretty trash compared to other kits like Iron Golem and Witch.

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  17. Honestly, it's really hard to say. I've been playing SSM for many years now and I've come to the conclusion that any kit can be really good if used properly. I think SSM has a really nice balance where as long as you master whatever kit you are playing with there is no extreme advantage.

To this I would have to respond with I disagree. I understand where you're coming from but I know some people that are absolute magicians with Spider and manage to use combinations of Spin Web then Needler to absolutely destroy opponents.

If I had to choose one kit I'd probably say Iron Golem just because I don't really seem many skilled Iron Golems any more. I'm not sure if it's the kit itself or just the people using it.

Really, my point is just that any kit can be extremely good if you know how to use it well!

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  18. Suprised on the number of people who think Iron Golem is the worst or not viable. You guys haven't experienced a player who is good at melee and is consistent with landing Iron Hook and it shows quite a bit. They're high damage and crazy armor all together make them really something to fear.

Also
    Gonna have to give an r/wooosh to this.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    Padba, CCozy, cernsie and 3 others like this.
  19. for all of you saying ig is the worst kit -- how? you cant just say "oh it has a big hitbox so that must mean its bad", in that case wolf is better than spider because spider has a t h i c c horizontal hitbox, but that isn't the case. if you ever fight someone with good aim, that big hitbox wont do anything. you will always be trading hits with them, and ig can out-trade pretty much every kit in the game.

i wish, but no. not every kit is balanced, unfortunately. ssm isn't that balanced. if you have a really good skeleton vs a really good chicken, skeleton is going to win 99.9% of the time. why? because skeleton completely counters chicken. this could be said for creeper v guardian too.

couldnt have said it better. have you seen its hitbox? its probably the biggest in the game if my math is correct.

id put snowman mid tier honestly. it has a lackluster recovery, and an enormous weakness to range.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  20. I'm gonna have to say Sheep. After that one update, it was in my opinion, nerfed way too hard. It's really bad now. I remember I started playing during the Sheep meta, and I was striving towards it, because it was just sooo good. And when I finally unlocked it, it got nerfed the next day. I was so sad. Hitting Laser is way harder than before, and all it's other abilities are easily avoidable. After what they have done to Sheepy boi (it really did deserve that nerf, however.) I think they should give him some love, because they have hurt him too much. I think he needs a bit of a buff. Also I am not a Sheep Main. I promise.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    Padba, CCozy and pzazz like this.