• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9727 Players Online
  • 6837 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gem Count In Game Lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Bobert2013, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hey!

I wanted to take a few minutes to tell everyone about a small detail that I've noticed over time - when you are in a game lobby, you have no way to see your current gem count! So when people are wondering how many gems you have, or when you think to donate some gems to communities, you have to go to lobby to see your gem count, which can be fairly annoying.

Due to this, I feel as though your current gem count could be included in your cosmetic menu. Currently, aside from all of the cosmetic menus, hovering over the blue glass panes shows you your treasure shard count. I feel as though one of them, if not a few of them could be changed to green panes to show your gem count. This does not seem to be a super difficult thing to implement and will solve quite a few of inconveniences.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
    Thanks for reading,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    aiirr, Polar8, naete and 1 other person like this.
  2. I think this is an excellent idea. If I am not mistaken, all of the waiting lobbies used to display the current amount of gems a player had, but this has since been replaced with the name of the mode you are waiting to play, which in most cases I am sure you'll already know.

I'm unsure on the reason behind this change; although it makes more sense to show a player their gems, especially since this is the currency for game kits.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  3. This seems like a simple idea that could be beneficial in a number of ways. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing this added. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  4. This is a great idea! It is also relatively simple and there is no harm in adding it. I also totally understand your pain, it's not pleasant going to the lobby just to check your gem count.

Thank you for suggesting. Stay safe!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  5. I'm fine with this being added, even though there's not really a point to gems on the server at this point. I actually think it would be better to add this (and shards since they also don't appear there currently) to the /stats menu. It would allow players to access them anytime, whether in-game, waiting lobby or in an actual game. It already shows the amount of gems you've earned over time, so why not add it along with shards to be accessed there too?

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  6. I wouldn't mind if this was added. It would only make sense in my opinion since there are kits in the game lobby that cost gems, so you'd think that your gem count would be displayed somewhere. I'm not sure if I agree with it being shown in the cosmetic menu though, since newer players probably won't know to look there to find it. Instead, I think it should be shown somewhere on-screen so that you don't need to type any commands or open any GUI menus to find it. Perhaps added on the right side along with your kit and the game mode etc would be a suitable place for the amount to be displayed.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  7. Hey!

I wouldn’t mind seeing this implemented. Personally, I’ve never had to go to the lobby to see the amount of gems I have but I guess being able to see it in the cosmetic menu could help some players for whatever issues they have on that topic. Although the way you suggested could work well, maybe another way would work better. Like having a command to check your gems & shards, possibly something else too like experience. Or put the amount of gems and shards you have in /stats like @_H2O suggested. Both of these ideas will allow you to check the amount of gems/shards you have at anytime and not just in the cosmetic menu. If you were playing Nano games, this would help a lot since there really isn’t a game waiting lobby.

Overall, I like the idea and it would be a great and simple addition! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) likes this.
  8. If I understand you correctly, -ersonally, I feel as though seeing the total amount of gems/shards over time doesn't prove to be very helpful for me. In my situation, I have over 8 million gems earned, but I only have 1.6 mil left as I've spent the others on kits, gem fountain, as well as donating to communities. From that standpoint, seeing the overarching number in global stats doesn't really give me much information.

At the same time regarding having shards displayed in globals, I always thought it was weird because different ranks gave you a different amount of shards, which in turn means the number wasn't comparable from player to player. However, given that Immortal gives you double gems as well, I guess this isn't much of an issue for people.

However, if you are suggesting the globals to also state how many shards and gems you had in that given point in time, that would work even better than my originally proposed idea as you would be able to access it in any place.

Overall, thanks for the feedback!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 3, 2020
  9. Hello!

Definitely, it's something which I'd like to see be added in the future updates since currently, players aren't able to see how many gems they have if they try to buy kits in the game lobby, but they can see it only if they will be buying kits in the main lobby. A similar idea has been already suggested before like 2 times which happened on CI Discord and also once at forums.

We used to be able to see gems amount in-game lobby but when complete re-making of games engine which was released in January 2019, lines where it used to show gems amount were replaced with game name. The reason why that happened is that originally new games system supposed to work without waiting lobbies at all on the game server and having that wasn't really needed since such scoreboard (which we currently see on game servers in the waiting lobby) was only displayed shortly after you were sent to game server from Butch while it's counting until start and on MPS servers where it really makes sense to have a game name on the scoreboard. Then later waiting lobbies were added back but this thing with showing game name on the scoreboard wasn't removed and saved till today.

I think now we can replace these lines with game name on pre-game lobby scoreboard with your gems amount back how it used to be before engine update because we already have the game name in the tab list and on skytext, so it's not needed to be on the scoreboard.

It's much better to do than to put that to your cosmetics chest since it has no sense if we will put them there because the cosmetic chest is generally related to shards but not gems. Also, on MPS, it can be done to replace a line with gems amount on a line with the game name since it's something which can have a sense there as I have mentioned in my explanation why it was replaced originally, so it will be like right now but it will be fine too even without it.

Overall, it's something which I'd like to see myself, so I will give +1. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  10. Hey!
    I really like this idea and think it could be a great tool for players to use, especially when they are buying kits in games and aren't aware of their gem count.
    The only thing I'm concerned about with this is that this was previously implemented, but was changed to the game mode of the player, which @naete has mentioned above and I'm also unaware of why this was changed. I also agree with him about the "game mode" on the right side of your screen not being necessary as well because you choose the game. Without being said, I don't think this would be a major change to remove the "game mode" to the gem count.
    However, I also agree with what @_H2O has also said about adding this into your /stats command. I think this could actually be more useful so that you can check your gems and shards anywhere on the Mineplex server so you always know how too/where it's at.
    Overall, If I had to pick, I would definitely say that your gems and shards count should be implemented into your command, /stats, so that you'll always know it's accessible here. I especially like this idea since the gem count was previously in game lobbies and was changed for a reason I'm not aware of, so the /stats command might be the way around this. However, either a way, I think that you should always be able to see your gems amount in game lobbies just because that's where you are using them most likely.
    +1 idea

EDIT: @Evgeen posted the reason as to why this was removed from game lobbies above my post.

Posted Jul 3, 2020
    Zyta (Zayta) likes this.
  11. Hey dude.
    This is a great idea, and would definetly help people who want I know if they can afford a new kit or something. My one question is, where would this go?
    Overall, there is nothing more to add, as this would be a simple yet helpful feature.
    +1

Posted Jul 3, 2020
  12. Hi there!
    I think this is a pretty good idea. It would be helpful for players who want to buy a kit, but want to know how many gems they currently have easily. The only problem would be whether or not there's even space to add this in. I'm guessing your gem count would have to replace something else in the game lobby, but what would that be?

If that can be figured out, then I'm 100% for this idea, and I think it'd be a great addition to help players looking to buy a kit. +1

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  13. Personally, I'd prefer it if there wasn't an additional line on the scoreboard but wouldn't care if it's implemented into /stats or a new /gems command.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  14. This is a good idea, especially for newer players who need to buy kits and may want to know how many they have, though it isn’t the most important thing ever and would really just make it easier. So i do think this should be added, but honestly wouldn’t be that important and people like me who have so many gems and no use would probably not really notice that much and wouldn’t really affect me, but would still be a cool improvement.

Posted Jul 4, 2020