• 1925 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14676 Players Online
  • 12751 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gems to shards

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Bob16077777, Dec 1, 2020.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes, with some changes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. No (please explain why)

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Definitely not!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi there,
    @CloudyDay1234 and I were discussing gems and shards recently, which gave me the idea for this. Many players have so many gems, they do not know what to do with them. When they earn shards, they need to keep them since they already bought all the kits, so once you own all the kits gems are basically worthless. Therefore, a conversion system could be added that allows you to convert your gems into shards. This would allow players that have so many gems to transfer them into shards, and then they can buy crates and get cosmetics. Please let me know your opinion and any ideas you have for improvement and/or conversion rate. Thank you!
    -Bob

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Cloudy Day likes this.
  2. Thanks! Just to note, my friends ChessyGrain9241 and @Changing98 were also discussing this idea a few days ago, so credit to them too. They thought that although Skywars awards many gems, they have no use after buying kits.

Posted Dec 1, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  3. Actually, maybe trade 2 gems for 1 shard, or we would be able to buy too many crates, especially if we have too many gems. I think this may be more fair.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  4. This is relatable. I buy all the kits with my shards, and now I have useless stuff. I think this should be added; however, in a way, this would break the economy because players would cash in a large amounts of gems when they cost less than the shards. for example, I have 2 dollars and I have 10 cents I cash in my 2 dollars into another 10 cents and now I have 20 cents. that are unfair trade.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 and Cloudy Day like this.
  5. some ppl have millions of gems + against eula like always

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 and Cloudy Day like this.
  6. I agree with you @superchickens. I’m guessing you mean gems, not shards, for the kit. You have a good point!

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  7. I’ve seen some mixed opinions on this; most people are worried that players that have many shards will just farm shards and chests. One way to counter this would be to put a limit on how many gems you can transfer each day. I understand that this would still be a problem, but are there any other ideas what players could do with their gems?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2020
  8. I think it will wreck the economy so it needs some economical balances. everyone will get ripped off like 2 gems for 1 shard. that's bogus gems are worth more than shards

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  9. for instance, you only get around a few gems a game, while you get a lot of shards every game

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.
  10. This feature on Java is an Immortal exclusive purchasable item in the loyalty points shop, so I don't think something like this would be accessible to everyone if it were added to Bedrock as well. The rate at which gems are converted to shards is reduced, but I can't recall what it is. Anyhow, I think this could be added if a new rank was introduced to Bedrock.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  11. I think I am neutral at this.

The problem is that we don't receive much gems compared to in Java. In addition, while this could be a good idea, it would be slightly harder to implement this feature in Bedrock that is similar to Immortal rank in Java.

The another slight problem is that it slightly violates the EULA, and this idea is similar to the past. But we can compensate this.

The good thing is that we can expect a new rank (that would be cool!). It should probably be similar by subscriptions in Java Immortal.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  12. Yeah I was thinking about proposing a new rank, especially since there are more bedrock players than java. This would be a great income source for Mineplex since so many players have Duke and would probably want to have the highest rank should a new one be added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 1, 2020
  13. yeah Idk I'm neutral about this too. I think needs some changes and tweaks

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    20LeeBrian1 and Bob16077777 like this.
  14. Would it be 1000 gems for 500 shards?

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  15. Hello! Sorry I did not reply. Although you would get little shards in exchange for gems, I think it is fine as this shard bonus wouldn’t be happening if it wasn’t for gems if you know what I mean. I disagree with the idea of buying a rank for this though. Good points everyone, though!

and @StyxKiller03 yes that is what the conversions would be like!

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  16. Hey, so I am somewhat mixed on the gems to shards idea. While I definitely want more things to spend gems on, converting them to shards can somewhat make shards less valuable, which would not be the best in my opinion. With that being said, if the conversion rate was something like 5 gems per shard, that could possibly work, as it would limit how many shards someone could get with their gems. This is also already a feature on Java, for Immortals in the Immortal Shop, so I believe it could be a possibility for Bedrock.

With all that being said, overall, I do think this could be a really great addition if done properly.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Cloudy Day likes this.