• 703 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9141 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Give players more than one attempt on there special appeal?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by aaaaaaaaaaa, Aug 4, 2019.

?

Give players more than one attempt on there special appeal?

1. yes

19.4%
  2. no

52.8%
  3. maybe consider it

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my friend whos been perm banned special appeal got denied and he tried hard on it and it took him along time to do it and it didn't meet the criteria I just think players should get 3 or 4 attempts on there special appeal since its there first time doing it they prob don't understand what there doing or how to make it look good.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  2. Did your friend read the appeal guide? Because that should have told him everything he needed to know about appealing. If he didn't meet the criteria, it's really his own fault.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  3. It would've got denied for a reason.

If he failed to use that chance to get unbanned he shouldn't get another chance. 3 or 4 attempts are way too many.

There are plenty of guides on how to appeal in the forums, your friend should have used those to help him.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  4. I wouldn’t be completely opposed to this, but it is called a special appeal for a reason. I know it’s frustrating, but when appealing, you really need to learn from your mistakes. Since they only allow one attempt at a special appeal, you should really make it count. Outline why you break the rule you broke, what you learned from doing so, and why you wont do it again. I suppose just the general things, but you really need to make any appeal as detailed and truthful as you can!

I suppose there could be some sort of compromise with this situation, however, Mineplex can’t just give out unlimited chances on appeals. It’s honestly amazing that they even offer second, third, and even a possible fourth chance in the first place. And for future reference, some information regarding special appeals can be found here

Below is the general reason special appeals were added. Totally didn’t steal this off of Marzie \_/

"Starting January 2019, we will be granting players another chance at appealing for their permanent punishments. This is mostly targeted for players whose accounts were compromised and if they had been permanently banned for inappropriate names, skins or capes. Regardless, we are also looking to give players another chance if they were permanently banned for hacking as well."

It would be nice to have at least another chance at a special appeal, but I feel like it could lead to more changes. Basically, I feel like players would continue to ask for more and more chances, and mineplex really can’t provide that. It could keep catching ‘steam’ and it would become 3 chances at a special appeal, 4 chances, 5 chances, 2 special appeals, etc. What I mean by that is players would keep on persisting and pushing for more appeals or more chances, which in my experience wouldn’t be a good thing. It could lead to appeals essentially being absolute and unnecessary. If more and more chances are added for appeals, I feel like it would encourage rule breaking. If there is some sort of way to provide maybe another chance with a special appeal, that doesn’t put the server at risk of more rule breakers, I’d be a little less hesitant on this idea. To have virtually no consequences for breaking a rule, would make the rules seem a bit pointless, at least in my opinion! There are rules for a reason. I truly get that being banned is annoying, but the only real suggestion I have at the current moment is to get another account (as long as your friend is NOT network banned). If you do this, please note that you cannot argue your punishment on the alt account, nor can you continue to break rules. It wouldn’t technically be considered bypassing a punishment, as long as you don’t argue your punishment. Also, you cannot use alternative accounts to bypass clans blacklists! Please keep that in mind!

I generally don’t agree with another chance at a second appeal, but I suppose that’s not really in my jurisdiction!

You could always PM a Forum Ninja with any concerns regarding your appeal as well. A list of all staff is located here

Posted Aug 4, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 4, 2019
    Kingawesome0009, BasicT, Idut and 2 others like this.
  5. im not saying they should give unlimited appeals for special appeal but maybe make like 2 attempts?
    --- Post updated ---
    like maybe let perm banned players appeal like every 6 months for special appeal or smth like that? but I agree they shouldnt get unlimited or be able to appeal every 30 days

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2019
  6. Honestly tho, I think we should give it a try players should get a few special appeals since it get can be pretty hard to get un perm banned in some situations. Or get one every 6 months does sound like a pretty fair deal tbh tho.
    --- Post updated ---
    But I mean yah, they shouldnt be treated like normal appeals. but people should get more than 1 attempt.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  7. this dont sound to bad lol they figure something out for it too work.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  8. The general rule of thumb is, if you are legitimately punished, you can appeal it and get unbanned 2 times if your appeal fits the criteria. On the third offence, the ban will not be lifted, but with the "special appeal" players will get another chance on appealing their punishment and will get another chance to appeal and potentially get unbanned. I understand this concept as people grow older they mature and learn what's appropriate to use for mods and such on the server, but the whole reason for having punishments is so that players can learn from them and hopefully not make the same mistake again.

I generally disagree with this, but It does make sense. From the perspective that we mature and change, and realise our mistakes as we grow up

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  9. Genuinely in my opinion if you are banned, you should be able to get unbanned by appeals if it meets the criteria, correct? Though your friend has had 2 WHOLE unbans, saying he would not hack again, doesn't mean he should deserve another chance he should of learnt it on his first unban. https://www.mineplex.com/threads/remove-all-perm-bans.62829/ This is also a bit stupid, if your friend didnt muck up he wouldnt be in this situation

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  10. I thought it would be best to add my opinions onto this thread, given I process special appeals everyday. To start off, giving players 4, let alone 3 chances on their special appeal is a flawed idea. If we're looking at generally what a special appeal is, it's primarily a way for people to appeal their punishment after already have two other valid punishments lifted. It's not meant to be this appeal you can constantly go back to when you didn't put enough time or effort on your first appeals.

First of all, if you are appealing a valid punishment, it means you broke our rules in the first place. It should be known that you are more so lucky that we have this option, and that you can appeal when you've broken our rules. We have our rules completely stated and laid out for your viewing, and if you choose to read/or not read and break the rules, that is your choice.

If you're submitting a special appeal, it means you've already broken our rules on three different occasions. We have an entire appeal guide for you to read, and in the appeal page, we literally ask if you've read it. If you choose to disregard our blatant attempt to help you on your appeal, there isn't much we can do about that.

With that being said, I don't think you should get any other chances to appeal after you've submitted your special appeal. Jarvis handles the special appeals, and he will see if you put effort, detail, and time into your appeal. I'm sorry it didn't work out for your friend, but if we are generally speaking, giving further chances than the two chances we already give players not to break our rules; it just doesn't seam necessary or just to do so.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  11. some player who already used all there appeals don't deserve to stay banned tho cuz they have changed they really should give a few attempts on the special appeal its only fair.
    --- Post updated ---
    and appeals can be hard on the first attempt even if u looked over the appeal guide and put alot of effort in no one understands lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    they should just allow 2 or 3 special appeals is it really that bad?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2019
  12. In my honest opinion, you should get one or no chances. In the past, I have been punished on multiple servers and on things outside of Minecraft. I was pretty lucky with Minecraft to get back into servers with one appeal sometimes, or the very rare one unban after multiple essay long appeals over years of time. Now, this one particular case ~ I used the same strategy of appealing multiple times over a couple of years(It worked before, why wouldn't it work now). I got a few short responses sometimes, sometimes just ignored. When they finally responded in depth after a lengthy discussion they told me a sentence that stuck with me since then.

Something along the lines of "We can see that you have improved/changed, but we will not overturn your ban". Reasons were included because of Negative Backlash against the decision, Strict Policies/Rules were put in place and letting people back in after committing rule breaking acts are seen as weak policies/staff. Also, do it for one person and you have to do it for everyone and they also said, they have punished people for even minor offenses. The major part is that they said once an action is done, that action already has taken effect on other players, ruined their experiences and cannot be undone. I appreciate what they did, it taught me a life lesson about the real world. In the real world, a mistake can mean jail, being fired, your reputation ruined. There are no seconds chances in a big project, it's the blunt truth but if you want leniency now, it's gonna set you up for failure in the real world. Appeals might work for some gaming, but realize that not everyone will be as lenient, especially if you are guilty. Apologies and appeals only get you so far in life. Beg all you want, but it's a PRIVILEGE that you get to appeal in the first place, technically Mineplex doesn't have to grant any appeals. It's not a right, just be thankful with what you get, and learn from your mistakes to not break the rules in the first place.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  13. can you guys at least give a second special appeal in 2020?
    --- Post updated ---
    idk i think it would just be fair if players at least got 2 attempts on the special appeal

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
  14. I believe that it should be that every once in a while, for example, 3 months or 6 months the player would have the chance to appeal again. Not have it be a set amount of appeals, but if a player is suspected of cheating on another account, then that privilege is removed from them.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  15. I don't necessarily agree with this. The fact that he got a chance to appeal in the first place is pretty lucky, and if you got permanently banned for hacking and you didn't use all you got in the one appeal opportunity you have, it seems like you aren't that serious about getting unbanned or you didn't learn anything from that punishment, and are more likely to hack again on the server. Giving them multiple appeals at one time is probably not useful.
    However, giving them more time (perhaps several months) before they get another special appeal isn't totally a bad idea. People mature, really realize what they did wrong, regret it, and may use that appeal better next time. But we need to give them time.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  16. If someone truly wants to get unbanned, they will probably give it their all. Besides that, we certainly don't need anymore cheaters. Although i believe some should get a shot at redemption, it would be far too complicated. Should've just followed the rules.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
  17. Yeah, I agree with the several months before getting another special appeal thing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2019
  18. In my opinion I agree with what Caameronn said, When appealing for the "special appeal" it means you have broken our rules on multiple occasions and have had 2 punishments already removed. Which shows you are not going to change, Your friend might have tried his best on the appeal but it was still denied for some reason. For example it's kind of like real life if a person breaks the law and is sent to prison and he goes before the judge and the judge denies him to get out and sends him back to jail his chance is lost. I know that's a completely different scenario but the fact is we provided rules that you should read and we expect you to know those rules when playing on the server. We also provide 2 appeal chances before the special appeal. To me if we already gave players two opportunities to appeal and they still didn't change their actions they don't deserve another chance after their "special" appeal gets denied because it just proves no matter what they probably won't end up following the rules. Sorry to hear this happened to your friend.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
  19. I mean its not the case for everyone tho they can really mature over 2-3 years like my friend did
    --- Post updated ---
    like all the bad things he did where within 1 year and he was 13 at the time and has really grown up over the last few years.
    --- Post updated ---
    also if they where like perm banned or network banned and they hack again why cant you re perm ban them and not give them another chance.
    --- Post updated ---
    like you guys dont know if they will hack again unless if give them another chance on the special appeal and see if they do it again.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2019
  20. This is the reason why there are 3 chances before a perm ban. If they mature or not, they had 3 chances before a perm ban. If they already have 3 bans, even if they are older, what's to say they won't cheat again.

Posted Aug 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.