• 1785 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3869 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Giving players achievements/kits

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by MagicalStrike360, Feb 2, 2019.

?

Should players be able to give other players kits/achivements

1. Yes achievements No kits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes achievements Mixed feelings on kits

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think players should be able to give other players achievements or kits. I don't really see anything that is wrong with my idea.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ooops sorry poll is messed up. Do :) if you say yes kits. Do :D is yes achievements.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  2. lmao wot. Achievements are personal goals and giving them to other players defeat the purpose of that. Same with kits, the person should be the one earning them. Though, I don’t know if you’re trolling or not.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  3. Trolling on what?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2019
  4. Interesting idea, not sure if this would work very well in practice however... I would like to get myself a free kit by other people giving me achievements, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the "achievement" itself. It would feel unrewarding if people could just give you the achievement you know? (If that's what you're recommending).

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  5. Hey!

I don't agree that players can give other players achievements, but I think they should be able to buy other players kits. I think buying kits for other players is fine, since there are many players with every kit and hundreds of thousands of gems. However, giving other players achievements just wouldn't work, since earning achievements is meant to be fulfilling, so it would take away from that. Overall, I like the idea to give other players kits, but not achievements.
    +0.5

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  6. Kinda ruins the point of achievements.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp, doeo and Mitchy like this.
  7. "Yes achievements No Kits"
    "Yes achievements Mixed feelings on kits"

Great unbiased poll here

Also I'm going to go -1 and agree with what the replies have said so far. Achievements are achievements, your own effort and work were put in to gain them. There is none of that if you can just have someone else give it to you

Posted Feb 2, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp and doeo like this.
  8. Hi,
    Personally, I don't think that this would be a good idea. The whole purpose of achievement kits is to see how much you have accomplished. Giving away these kits would ultimately ruin the purpose. These kits would be way more common which isn't good, as they are supposed to be hard to get. Anyways, because of these reasons, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  9. This kinda makes achievements more of a 'meh'. Also, people who got the achievements legitimately would probably be upset.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  10. I like how there is no option for "I don't like this idea" it's a -1 for me because people who work hard to "achieve" deserve something that other players don't have.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  11. Overall, I dislike this idea additionally to what was said previously, with the fact that achievements are meant to be achieved and that doing this will just make kits very abundant. Additionally, I could see "gifting" achievements to be immediately gamed as hackers could simply go on an alt, cheat to get the achievement, gift it to their main, and then log out. They could continue doing this until their main has all achievements without needing to put the work necessary for them. Furthermore, what would limit a hacker from simply trading their achievements for one which couldn't easily be done; Such as a 500 kill achievement or a 50 win one. This would undoubtedly cause a mass influx of achievements as people throw shards bombs for hacked achievements in secluded area of the map.

I genuinely think this wouldn't work on the server as achievements which would be locked behind a banned account could be freely accessed by this new "gift" option. It would remove a disincentive to cheaters and would create a form of market where achievements are paid for in shards.

This a -1 from me, I'm sorry if I seemed harsh, I don't try to be harsh it's just whenever I talk about the flaws in an idea, it always ends up being worded like that. Just remember, even if one idea you had was bad, not all of them are, keep thinking and keep making ideas; cause at one point you will find a great idea!

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  12. Um, I don't know about getting someone an achievement. Simply helping a friend with their achievement would be good enough. Now getting someone a kit, I don't mind. I'm taking this in the context that you could buy someone a kit with your own gems. I think that is a pretty neat idea considering many don't have things to spend with their gems. I wouldn't mind buying my friend a kit they wanted with my gems. The problem is I don't know if this would ever become a thing. It's a great idea tho.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    Darius likes this.
  13. Hey!

Im sorry but at the very first start im going to have to disagree with this. Achievments are personal goals in the game and they wouldn't be "achievments" if someone gave them to you, on the other side, there should be something called "Gift Center" for the buying your friends kits. If you want achievments you'll need to work hard for them, I remember I did for mine. -1

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  14. Heya,

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with this idea as part of the fun with getting achievements is doing it yourself and working hard for achievement. By someone giving you the achievement, it would ruin how effective achievements are and could possibly cause issues if a player accidentally gives an achievement or wants their achievement back so I don't think this idea should be implemented.

As for sharing kits, I don't really think this is necessary. Kits are easy enough to get within themselves just by playing games, as you gain gems you will progress an achievement called 'Gem Hunter' which increases the number of gems you receive each game and therefore could get you more kits just by playing some games.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  15. Hello,
    I do not think this idea should be implemented because achievements are meant to me non mandatory, personal goals that a player can complete. It can be very challenging to complete certain achievements, and allowing players to share achievements would defeat the purpose of them. Also, it would be unfair to those who have already completed it without the ability to share with others. Overall, I think implementing this idea would not be beneficial for achievements. Thanks for the idea, but its a -1 from me.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  16. I find giving players achievements sort of defeats the purpose of an "achievement" because you didn't achieve anything if it was just handed to you. I do however agree on gifting kits. That's not a problem because you can get gems in games normally and gifting a kit doesn't do any damage and doesn't defeat the purpose of anything.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  17. This defeats the purpose of achievements in the first place, since they are there to reward you for your hard work in a game. This would essentially like having achievements just handed to you out of the box. Alterations such as this have been suggested in the past, and most of them were suggesting handing out achievements which really isn't going to happen. If it did, it would make people less motivated to play as achievements are one of the key factors that motivate players to play games. This also wouldn't be fair to those that have completed all achievements in a game or games, since they worked hard to achieve those rewards.

So while it's a pretty interesting idea, I'm going to give it a -1 since I highly doubt that something like this would be added.

Posted Feb 8, 2019
  18. Yo!

We will not be giving players achievements because it defeats the whole purpose of it being an achievement. Players are supposed to work hard to complete these tasks and they get rewarded with an achievement kit. If we were to simply give out these achievements or kits, it would defeat the original intention's of achievements.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM!

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Jul 13, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.