• 899 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3478 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Giving Shards to Other Players on Mineplex Bedrock/Java

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by xGetRektedx, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Do you think giving shards to other players should be added?

1. Yes!

68.4%
  2. No. (please explain why)

31.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, everyone! Okay, so I have a ton of shards, and I have every cosmetic (except the holiday ones). Some of my friends are in need of shards, and I would like to give them some, unfortunately there is no current way to give shards to other players. I don't know how you would give shards to other players, maybe there could be an option to share shards to a specific player and the amount you want to give to them? *As a lot of people have pointed out it would be unfair to give shards to new players, so there could be a certain level you have to be to share and receive shards* Well, that's about it, thank you for reading this!

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
  2. Yes! Shard sharing! IT NEEDS TO BE ADDED! Me my friend I always want to share shards! The problem is we only can do it by throwing party bombs in empty lobbies. And still, people get some of it. And also, they only produce like 300. I think this is a GREAT idea, and have wanted this added for the LONGEST of times.

+1

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  3. Hello,

Threads like these have been made before and have been denied and I'll tell you why. Firstly, people work hard to gain their shards and being able to give them to other people would just mean that someone who's new could get given so many shards and instantly be better than someone else who's worked really hard to get to where they are. Secondly, there's already another way to give people shards with the shard bombs which is when it's a minimal amount but that's enough.

I don't think this should be added, -1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  4. I see your point, but I have a literal downvote to your downvote. Me and my amazing friend BlueChase06 were trying to get thankful chests. I was at 18k shards and he wanted to help! He threw me 5 bombs in a confined space, yet I only gained about 500 shards. We ended up grinding Nano Games for the next 20 minutes and I bought my treasure.

Gem sharing could've saved me a half-hour of my life which could have been spent doing other things like leveling up faster...

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx and M4RK7000 like this.
  5. I'm pretty sure this violates the EULA which is another reason as to why this is usually denied.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  6. ahem.

s h a r d s a r e u s e d f o r c o s m e t i c s o n l y

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    vezay and clashvalley like this.
  7. I definitely agree with this. I’ve always wanted to give my friends shards when they were in need of them and maybe even give a bit to beginners to help out. It also seems quite inconvenient that you have to keep throwing your party bombs in confined spaces to get an immense amount of shards at once. I’d really like to see this get added. With all of my Mineplex experience, it really does seem like this would be a good idea. Keep up the good thinking, bro! I’d give this a +1.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    clashvalley and M4RK7000 like this.
  8. Je ne parle francais

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  9. i speak spaced text sorry

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    LT Tombstone 77 and Steven190 like this.
  10. As you stated here, it only took you 20 minutes to receive the amount of shards you needed. Ultimately, that is not a very long amount of time. For this reason, I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. Whilst yes, shards are for cosmetics only, they are still something that many players pride themselves on getting. Because shards are earned through gameplay, cosmetics can be seen as a result of hardwork. I don't think shards should be some sort of currency that is easily passed between players. I think that this aspect of the game should be earned. By being able to share 50k shards with a friend who has just joined Mineplex, it takes the fun out of the game for a lot of people. Not only that, but it can also be seen as unfair for those players who do not have shard-rich friends upon first joining the server. I know that I pride myself on my collection of shards through gameplay. Although not everybody may share this same pride as myself, I think it is a huge aspect of the game that should not be taken for granted.

Because of these reasons, I'm going to have to give this suggestion a -1.

edit: wording.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx and clashvalley like this.
  11. It’s a nice idea, but I can foresee the system being abused.
    Someone who’s played Mineplex for a long time and is about to quit could easily give all of their shards to a new person. Like mentioned above, it just wouldn’t be fair to everyone else. People have to work hard for their rewards, someone instantly receiving them would make things off balanced.

I’d say there would need to be a limit on the amount of shards you can give per person. There would also have to be a cooldown for each person (maybe two days or so?) so the player doesn’t consistently spam the command to give away shards.

I think with the limitations that would have to be in place, it just isn’t worth adding anymore. The idea has been suggested before and denied unfortunately.

It’s a nice idea, but I don’t believe it should be implemented

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    M4RK7000 and xGetRektedx like this.
  12. I have to agree with @510bikes here. A51 completely screwed up the Gem and Shard economies, and it wasn't that long ago. An "older" player with literally millions of shards to spare giving a new player that many would completely ruin the incentive to even play half of the games here.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  13. actually maybe there should be a limit to how many shards you can give and you have a cooldown when you use that command

other than that i give this suggestion a +1 :)))

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  14. There's a few gadgets and the like that allow you to give people shards inefficiently. If you're so bent on doing so, employ one of those methods.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    xGetRektedx and M4RK7000 like this.
  15. I'm in the middle on this. I can see that players do want to give shards to their friends to be able to share them with others. We already offer the treasure party bomb, but the amount that you give out is much less than the amount that you need to have in order to purchase them. However, at the same time, I find this to be intentional, since it would take many, many party bombs and be extremely insufficient to be able to transfer a lot of shards from one player to another.

However, on the other side, shards are here for more than just gameplay. Places like the Level 100 Community have different competitions for shards, gems, xp, etc, so being able to just give out shards to other people is not the same as actually earning them yourself. Additionally, most shards are earned either from games or through chest which often can be purchased from the shop. Because of the fact that there is real monetary value attached to this, I am not in favor of directly transferring shards from one player to another.

In the event that this were to be added, there would need to be heavy regulation on this. I can easily see this system being abused from players who have no point of having shards to newer players with limited amounts. To get around this, a daily/weekly limit would need to be implemented to prevent that from happening.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  16. Hey there!

Although I see the appeal to some players for this idea, it has already been denied in the past and I personally agree with the reasoning as to why.
    If you are interested in seeing another thread of this idea in order to get more feedback, you can take a look here.

As for my opinion on the idea, the risks just seem too great to me if this were to be implemented. Players that have high level accounts with a stacked-up amount of gems/shards could have their accounts become compromised in order to steal their gems and shards by gifting them to another account. Another thing is that shards can be gained through chests, which are purchasable on the Mineplex shop, therefore it doesn't seem right that some players could be gifted those things while other players are paying a real currency for them.

Also, some players work very hard by playing games in order to gain those gems and shards so they can purchase things like that kit they've really wanted, or a chest to win a new cosmetic. If gifting were a thing, players could just have those things handed to them instead of having to work for it like others do.

For those reasons, it'll have to be a -1 from me. Have a good one! :)

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    xGetRektedx and AyyNick like this.
  17. Hey!

I can definitely see why many players want shard sharing between each other, and although it does sound really good, I believe the idea itself would not work out well and would not benefit Mineplex at all. Like @Tilgorn/LifesaverGummies said, this idea has already been denied in the past, and the reasoning behind the denial is quite strong and definitely a point I agree with.

My personal opinion on the idea is that is does seem pretty cool, it's a great way to get rid of some extra shards that are of no use to you, and give them to someone who may want them to buy some chests for example, but the issue here is that giving players shards is essentially cutting corners for them so they do not need to do the work. For example, a level 100 with a lot of shards could give their new friend who is level 5 100,000 shards and then this level 5 who has minimal experience on the server can have all these shards. It just does not make sense to me. This player wouldn't be as excited to play games as the incentive of the reward (shards) is no longer there, or as prominent. This is the reason why we have morphs such as the Easter Bunny morph, where you can give some shards but not a ton to make it unfair for newer players.

We do have alternatives to sharing shards, like the Easter Bunny morph, the Christmas Presents, or even the Villager morph if we consider gem sharing. These aren't the best alternatives, but they ensure that there isn't a heavy unbalance where thousands of shards are being shared without any hard work talking place. So overall, I disagree with adding in a sharing method as the current methods (morphs and cosmetics) are perfectly balanced and fine, and plus, we want players to play games and not just get given shards and no longer want to play. It's a -1 from me, but thanks for sharing your idea!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    M4RK7000, xGetRektedx and Tilgorn like this.
  18. This idea is not a bad idea but it's not a good one either. As everyone said this can be easily abused, most people could just give level 0-10's all these shards and could just get all of these cosmetics and gadgets etc. I just don't see this being added to Mineplex as it would be a huge mistake and make the grinding for all the gadgets completely pointless. As stated above I'll be giving this a -1.

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  19. Posted Dec 13, 2019
  20. As many people have stated that it would be unfair for a level 5 (or something near that) person to get 100k shards fast, I think this idea is decent. But I feel that a limit should be around 25k shards per day at most per person. Although a cap raise from others as a perk for higher levels would be good too. Overall, since there is no cap you suggested, I would give it a +0.25 for no cap to the amount you can give assuming it was implemented.
    EDIT: 25K shards a day is WAY too much. Maybe 5K/day without abusing it would be better
    --- Post updated ---
    That, and the Christmas Presents.

Posted Dec 15, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 21, 2019
    FoxCatcher, M4RK7000 and xGetRektedx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.