• 1413 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9851 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Gladiators

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by GamerKabob, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This isn't a new game idea but one of my favorite games on mineplex is Gladiators, and I would really love to have a direct NPC to it instead of having to wait in the mixed arcade.

Posted Dec 21, 2018
  2. Hey, I agree gladiators is one of my favorite games but if they do this then all of the other games they removed a direct NPC to would need to come back or other people would complain :/

have a good day!

Posted Dec 21, 2018
  3. Unfortunately I don’t think this would get enough players to be of use. However, I would be a fan of 1v1 duels as that would increase the amount of games in progress (since it is 1v1).

Posted Dec 21, 2018
  4. Hey there!
    This game was one of the games that was removed a while back, and I don't think it will be coming back with an NPC anytime soon. If Mineplex added one game back, then everyone would start to argue that another, and another game gets added back. In addition, there is already a Gladiators in the Lobby, you can play the original Gladiators in Mixed Arcade and MPS, and a Gladiators was recently added to Nano Games! When you think about it, there are already plenty of Gladiators across Mineplex, so I don't see a need to give Gladiators its own NPC back.
    Have a great day!

Posted Dec 22, 2018
  5. Hello GamerKbob,

Although I am a huge fan of Gladiators, I don't believe Gladiators will be added as an NPC. As stated above, Gladiators is already added to Mixed Arcade, the Lobby, MPS, and recently into Nano Games. In addition, it was added to the Classic Games polls last week, but it didn't get the most votes. I generally don't think it will be added back, although I wouldn't hate if it had it's own NPC again.

Posted Dec 22, 2018
  6. The Gladiators NPC was removed and pushed back to Mixed Arcade and MPS almost a year ago. I remember is only having 1-3 games going at a time which doesn't make up for what the owners pay for it. Games like The Bridges, Survival Games, Cake Wars, usually have 8+ games running at a time during the day. That's what they want from what they pay for. That wasn't the case for Gladiators unfortunately. Some Mixed Arcade games like Dragon Escape and Super Paintball (they are voted almost always when in rotation) might get their NPCs back. I don't think Gladiators will unless it's been voted for Classic Cow for a temporary week. There is a Gladiators in the lobby, if you truly love playing that game, go to Lobby-1.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 22, 2018
  7. Wait, what? The Gladiators NPC isn't missing, it's still in the lobby right now, isn't it? I'll admit that I haven't been active on the server, but there's no way they removed the Gladiators lobby game, right?

Posted Dec 22, 2018
  8. The gladiators lobby game is still a thing, and they did remove the direct connect to Gladiators NPC. You can still however play it in the Lobby, in an MPS, MCS, Event, possibly the Classic Games, and in Quick (though it's different). Sadly I don't believe they'll be bringing back Gladiators anytime soon, you can still play it in these places. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted Dec 23, 2018
  9. I think Gladiators is better fit with mixed arcade, it gives the arcade a more mixed vibe to it like it's supposed to other than it just having the name. If Gladiators had it's own separate NPC it would change the aspect of the gamemode it was originally moved to. Also, too much servers would be needed as well which Mineplex already are discussing about in the first place, you need to keep those things in mind.

Posted Dec 23, 2018
  10. What.

Posted Dec 23, 2018
  11. sorry I forgot to say that i meant on BedRock edition

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2018
  12. only the most intellectual people understand what I just stated.
    [​IMG]

Posted Dec 23, 2018
  13. Heyo, (This whole thread is meant for Bedrock Edition!)

When I looked at this thread, I thought this idea was going to be denied immediately, because of the reasons from above. After reading some replies, I saw you mentioned:
    Although it's an interesting idea for Bedrock edition, this wouldn't work at all. Bedrock edition is for xbox, nitendo, iOS / Android users etc. But most importantly for Windows 10 users. Why "most importantly"? Because it's so easy to win a fight if you play on Windows 10 (I know that from the experience). This would be a piece of cake for people who play on it, and that'd be a huge problem. Only way that I can see of fixing this is by xbox's vs xbox's, phones vs phones etc. Otherwise the game would lose whole point. But I doubt Mineplex can do that, though you never know!
    Interesting idea!
    +0.5 for this idea!
    (And please, can you just edit your thread so people can know this is meant for Bedrock edition? Because in most cases, people will think this i for Java edition, thank you ~(˘▾˘~))

Teodora / Tea

Posted Dec 23, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 25, 2018
  14. That's fake news I'm the most intellectual person in the universe.

Posted Dec 24, 2018
  15. I would love to have an NPC in place for Gladiators, I think it would bolster the player count for the game because more people would have direct access to it, and the competitive community would probably be big fans of this change. If not this, perhaps even a new 1v1 type game that could take its place. Regardless of which, +1 to this, I support the notion.

Posted Dec 24, 2018
  16. Well, true, but that doesn't stop people from playing all pvp games on the bedrock server. I don't play often on the bedrock server so I won't be giving my opinion, I just think it's a good idea for you to add onto your OP saying that it is meant for the bedrock server :).

Posted Dec 24, 2018
  17. till u get aura'ed from 8 blocks away

Posted Dec 24, 2018
  18. Heya!

I see what you mean by that, and you're correct. Bedrock platform has a lot of PvP games, but it's truly unfair to me to play on PC, and most of people play on consoles that are a lot difficult to fight (that's why I don't like Bedrock edition in the first place). I mean, the game wouldn't impact on anything really, it just seems kind of unfair to me because there will always be a guy who will play on PC though. Just wanted to reply (◕‿◕✿)
    And yes let me edit my OP lol. Also, MeRrY cHrIsTmAs!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Dec 25, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.