• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gloss - illustration

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Jan 3, 2020.

1. I hope you enjoy pastels :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-IR

Posted Jan 3, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 4, 2020
    ClqssyOwl, Crazyy_Tim and Korben like this.
  2. Looks great!

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. Thank you so much ^-^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  4. You have such a unique way of portraying your art and I love it. This piece looks amazing and I’d love to see more work by you in the future, keep up the good work! :)

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. Omg! I'm not gonna lie I'm not much of an art guy but this art work looks amazing! I love how creative it is and how much detail you put into your work it's absolutely amazing!

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. I LOVE pastels and this is so beautiful, Ian. And I absolutely love the title of this. It reminds me of the character from Catching Fire, Gloss, who was one of the tributes from District 1 in the 75th Hunger Games. This piece has an elegance to it, which definitely is giving me District 1 Hunger Games vibes (sorry that I'm fangirling about the Hunger Games -- I love it lol). I love the yellow, blue, and pinkish coloring together. The pink color really makes this piece pop. As you know, I'm always a fan of one-line art and this is definitely something I could picture hanging on my wall.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  7. That's looks really cool. I would i love to see more

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  8. Honestly, you know how much I love your artwork but it just keeps getting better. I always seem to get so mesmerized by the end product and find myself just looking at it for the longest time trying to pick out the smallest of detail. It’s amazing - simply put

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  9. Hey Freddey ^-^ I hadn't tried pastels in before, or at least not that I can recall, and being able to experiment with that in a style I'm used to was surprisingly tricky at first! I spent time cell shading the color blocks to imitate shadows across a few colors, and I enjoy how that came out. Foremost though, I am glad you like it :) It was originally going to be a series but I was happy with this and encouraged to keep it as a standalone piece. The Hunger Games are a great series, I remember reading them as they were released!

I'll continue to share pieces and you actually reminded me to include the before/middle/after! I will update this thread with that and then notify you, thanks for your kind words as always Sven!! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2020
    chhase // freddey likes this.
  10. Hey,

Your art looks so stunning! I remember when my art teacher made my class do one line drawing back in my freshman year and how difficult I found it at the time. I don't recall it looking very nice either, but I'm very impressed with the work you've done and how beautiful this piece looks. The pastel accompanies your drawing so well, I genuinely love everything about this. I hope to see more work from you in the future, keep up the great work!

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  11. Hi!
    That literally looks so good I could never. I can't believe you made something this pretty! Keep up the nice work, I look forward to seeing more in the future :D

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.