• 659 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10308 Players Online
  • 9649 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Go back to SKYWARS V2

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by ray, Dec 19, 2020.

1. -snip- as others have mentioned, to go backwards and instead why not fix the loot pools so this tryharding situation doesn’t exist? given Mineplex’s player count, it’s a dumb dream to have a not sweaty lobby of a game with <100 people averagely playing it, so your point is moot that tryhards apparently live on skywars.

Posted Dec 24, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Dec 24, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. to be fair, this is how skywars is inherently. It's actually easier to defeat the person who got to mid now by utilizing abilities and the new kb than it was in v2.

Posted Dec 24, 2020
  3. less than 200 wins away from lbs on bedrock

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. LMAO

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  5. i mean u can obviously see im a bedrock main if im only lvl 14 on java xD

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. sure, but this is a discussion about java skywars. the two versions of minecraft have very different skywars concepts iirc

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  7. literally the only difference is java has the tnt still and a few more items but ok sir

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. bedrock leaderboards is literally like 700 wins that means absolutely nothing lmaoo

also nobody here said anything ab bedrock

Posted Dec 25, 2020
  9. 800 but oki

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  10. holy... 800 wins????? this changes everything, absolutely earth-shattering difference in numbers

Posted Dec 25, 2020
  11. please just stop talking if you don’t know what’s going on

Posted Dec 26, 2020
    Orangey likes this.
  12. bro a whole 800 wins??? relax bro sorry i didnt know i was talking to the liqhts of bedrock

Posted Dec 26, 2020
    cernsie, breetzy and Orangey like this.
  13. I think v2 should be brought back. It was in general much more fun and less cheaters played. Im annoyed that they removed zombies, as it was a unique aspect to the game. V2 sw was unique. V3 feels like every other sw game on other servers. V2 would make the game more alive and bring 90% of the og sw com return. Hope they bring back v2 sw one time. I also miss the old sw maps. The memories!

Posted Dec 26, 2020
    Fusafez, freakingGOAT and Creadword like this.
  14. sorry for not playing java, however I think my opinion of this can still matter anyways. btw no more roasting me its getting off topic. noice.

Posted Dec 26, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 26, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  15. I'd suggest a hybrid. Keeping V3 with basic kit options that modify the starting experience of the game - not the actual combat. These will ultimately dictate play style and how aggressive you are, but not create "overpowered" or game-changing mechanics. Something as simple as 20 blocks, full armor, or potions at the beginning of a game; each could be used to either hunker down, rush middle, or go for kills. These would change how you play at the start of the game, but not foresee game play once everyone has had a chance to loot and meet at the middle. It's a more basic take, but it might give players some closure in regards to options.

Posted Dec 27, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  16. this idea defeats the purpose of skywars. ultimately the person that rushes mid will win, so your idea of making kits that would stay at their base or go for kills would be supremely underpowered to the kit that would allow the player to get to mid quicker (ie giving them better stuff and ultimately giving them the same abilities as the other kits, since they wouldn’t need to “hunker down” and by that time they’d most likely have plenty of enderpearls, which i’d imagine would be the same as the “go for kills” kit). if mineplex were to bring kits to skywars it should definitely be the old elemental kits, they made mineplex’s skywars original and made gameplay different each game

Posted Dec 27, 2020
    breetzy likes this.
  17. I wouldn't make kits that give long-term advantages; these were just rough ideas. Like I said - it should all be basic stuff such as gold armor, 20 blocks, perhaps some tools. Simply items that facilitate various play styles. I see what you mean though. As aforementioned, kits with minor abilities or toolsets would give the game some level of uniqueness while still being fair.

Posted Dec 28, 2020
  18. Agreed, I personally have had the exact same issue.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
    breetzy, freakingGOAT and chungalunga like this.
  19. skywars is fun

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  20. I dont like v3 anymore than I like v2. v3s biggest issue is that there is a more annoying luck factor

Posted Jan 7, 2021
    freakingGOAT likes this.