• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6897 Players Online
  • 5905 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Gonna Build A Gaming Rig.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Ꮆ乇ㄒᐯ0丨ᗪ乇ᗪ, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Hey gamers,

So, I’ve been playing Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Xbox One with a keyboard and mouse for almost 6-7 years now (3 on Mineplex). I’ve been porting custom texture packs and skins using a super extensive method which is a extremely time consuming. For Java Edition, I barely play it at all, due to my laptop that is not built for gaming (i5-8th gen, Intel UHD 620 Integrated graphics, and 8 GB RAM). As you can see from my Java edition level. The highest frame rate I’ve ever go was with Optifine at 55 FPS (bad, right)? Now I’ve finally started thinking about a building a custom gaming rig. I would prefer it to be Intel, just so you guys know. Anything I need to consider before buying parts? (Note that I don’t mainly play Minecraft as well. I’m planning on playing graphics heavy games like Forza too)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  2. Hey there!

Building a gaming rig with an Intel CPU is fine. I would recommend building a custom gaming rig that has an NVIDIA GPU. It has better performance on any PC game, and you'll have higher FPS. I have been using Intel for a while and planning to switch to an AMD CPU in the future.

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  3. I know you prefer Intel, but I would personally recommend an AMD CPU with a NVIDEA GPU. They work very well together and AMD is much more durable in my experience.

You also need to set a budget for yourself, price increases really fast with the newer parts to get. Consider which games you want to play - for example, I wouldn't delve in into buying the newest GPU if I was only planning to play one game - they are extremely costly and it's much better to wait for a sale or newer model to come out as the price heavily drops.

You also need to make sure your motherboard and power supply supports your specs. You can google the cpu and gpu you want to get and it will give you lists of compatible parts.

I also highly recommend to have two separate drives, one for your system, which is usually an SSD drive and doesn't have to be big at all (250gb perfect), and another one all for your storage like games or other programs. SSD drives are quite costly so don't feel pressured into buying one, you can always upgrade your pc further on if necessary.

Fans + coolers are also important and a case that has space for them. You need the temperature in your pc to not be very high as it can seriously damage it (I'm talking 70C+).

My main specs + game framerates:
    cpu Ryzen 5 3600
    gpu Radeon rx 5600 xt (pretty much the equivalent of nvidea gtx 1660ti, both are excellent choices and affordable)
    ram Corsair ddr4 2x8gb 3000mhz

My temperature stays at around 40C.

Minecraft, without shaders and highest settings (render distance around 14) can give me a solid 200fps. With optifine + shaders on ultra settings, it drops to around 120, of course a bit less if there's a lot in my vision and it does get lower on servers, on Mineplex I get about 60fps with all of this. Shader-free I get double.

Can consistently run games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GTA V and Skyrim on highest settings at 90+fps. Cyberpunk 2077 on highest settings runs at 80+fps. Apex Legends, Fortnite, CSGO etc I get around 120+fps.

Posted Jan 21, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 22, 2021
  4. Thanks for the detailed response dude I’ll think about AMD as well, since I play Forza a lot too

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.