• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11969 Players Online
  • 9079 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Grace Period for Survival Games

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes +1

60.0%
  2. No -1

40.0%
  1. Hello there.

I was just playing Survival Games, and went for a chest in the middle. But, everyone was attacking each other right away. I then realized that there is no grace period to start out the game. So, my suggestion is adding a grace period to give players more time to get chests and other items in the beginning of the game. Thoughts?

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  2. I would say that going straight to the middle is a risk in and of itself, as it is supposed to contain the best items in the game(aside from the supply drop), and that going for it at the start can give good rewards, but also have a certain danger level to it. Because of this, I would have to give this a -1, though I wouldn't mind a grace period myself.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  3. The strat that works for me it just run to chests that arent in the middle at the beginning. If u happen to get decent armor and an iron sword quickly u can go back and kill a lot of ppl due to them not having a lot from middle cuz other ppl took the stuff. I tend to not go back to middle cuz fighting on mobile with a bunch of chests around is a pain

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  4. I don't really think that this is very necessary for addition to Mineplex mainly because we already kind of have a grace mechanic in the game. Now I'd assume you're talking about Bedrock but as I'm fairly sure it applies to the same rules as Java in this regard it does have that absorption buff as well as the speed 2 when you don't attack for a little bit, this means that the game allows those people to get away, for this reason, I don't really agree with adding a grace period but this may be different in Bedrock - I'm not very experienced in playing Bedrock!​

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. I don't quite agree with adding a grace period to the game. For myself, I usually rush middle to get a sword and start killing off players. I like to get the game over with quickly, so not having a grace period really saves time. Although, yes, it can be annoying for some people, running away from the actual middle and going to an outside chest resolves this issue by a good bit.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  6. Hey, I'm 50/50 on this idea. While I understand and see the frustration of the game starting and you can't even get anything out of the chests, there is some buffs like @Oscaros_ said above. If anything, I would opt for 10-15 seconds just so you can get stuff out of chest and be able to either run to a different location or fight people when the grace period is over without it being too long. This may be a good middle point for players who like to rush right away and players who like to gather items from around the map and then fight. Personally, I love to rush and kill people right away but I don't think 10-15 seconds would interfere with those players who enjoy rushing. Thanks for your idea!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    xGetRekted and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  7. Hey!

I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. As @Tomahawkman42 said, you don't need to run to the middle. Although the center has better loot as there are chances for iron armor to appear, it is in no way a necessary location to visit for loot in order to win. If you do not want to die immediately, I highly encourage you to run away from the center as it reduces the risk of an early kill with TNT or a general sword or axe.

Furthermore, if the grace period was added, it could definitely ruin the flow of the game, as players will last longer, therefore games will be drawn out. Overall, I find the immediate pvp a good aspect of the game, not only for gameplay purposes but also because that is a main feature of SG.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  8. Hey!
    I don't play on Bedrock, however I still would have to say no to a grace period in both Bedrock and Java. The main reason I would have to say no is because going to mid is a risk. In Survival Games the middle usually always has "good" loot and therefore it's harder to get it. If we implemented a grace period then it would take away that risk that rushing mid had. Another reason why I don't agree with this idea is it isn't, at least in my opinion, that hard to dodge the ant thrown at middle. Usually when I rush middle and I see tnt I automatically leave. Most of the time you can see the tnt unless you are in a chest already and that just brings back up the point of you took the risk to go to middle. Overall I don't think it should be added, mainly because nobody is forcing you to go to middle.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  9. I'll be marking this idea as Not Planned because Survival Games was removed in the most recent game update. If it ever makes a return, I'll revisit this thread. Thanks for suggesting your idea!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.