• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3302 Players Online
  • 3302 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Guess what

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Kalthor17, Jan 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was thinking of posting a weekly thread like Kikkri so I had an idea.
    Every Friday i will post an icon that you guys will guess comment what you think.

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 14, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 14, 2021
  2. sounds kina cool :D

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  3. Thing is I can't post the picture

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2021
  4. what

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  5. You can't post images directly from your device, you need to upload it to an image hosting site like imgur

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  6. Can I just create a site with that picture and use it instead? I don't want to use imgur.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  7. It will probably count as an unapproved link. Imgur is the best site to use for image-sharing but if you don't want to use it, there is also PostImage and Gyazo

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
    Mr.Cardyceps likes this.
  8. Just tried that doesn't work

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2021
  9. Hey there Kalthor17!

This sounds like a really cool idea! Make sure that the icon that you're posting is appropriate of course, and when you are making these threads make sure you post them in the Forum Games section, as that is the appropriate place for threads that include games.

These are some of the image hosting services we recommend using for uploading images (as seen in the Official Reporting Guide):
    [​IMG]

Personally I recommend using Imgur, as it is one of the most user-friendly image hosting websites that I have used. Here's a tutorial on how to successfully make an image on a thread pop up:

Step one: Go to imgur.com

Step two: At the top left corner, it will have a button that says "New Post," click on the "New Post" button.
    [​IMG]

Step three: After Clicking the "New Post" button, this will pop up. This gives you the option to either drag an image on to the left side, or if you already have a screenshot in your files that you would like to select, you would click "Choose Photo/Video." This will allow you to look through your files and select which photo you would like to upload.

[​IMG]

Step four: After choosing/dragging the file that you wanted to upload, it will now look like this:
    [​IMG]
    This means that you have successfully uploaded the image. If you move your mouse to the top right corner, you will be given the options to "Copy Link" and there is a button with the three dots, click on the button with the three dots and it will bring down a drop box. Click on "Get share Links."

Step five: After clicking on Get share links, it will bring up a couple of share options that you can copy the link from. It will look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Click the "Copy Link" button next to the BBCode (Forums) Button.
    [​IMG]

Step six:
    Move back over to the thread you're making on the forums. When you're writing your thread in the text box, you should notice a thread ribbon at the very top of the text box. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Click on the on this button in the ribbon:
    [​IMG]
    This is your image button and where you will be pasting the copy link.

Step seven: Paste the copy link from imgur into the little text box that pops up after clicking the image button.
    [​IMG]

Step eight: It is important to delete the img's with brackets on both sides of the link
    . For some reason, this messes up images and both of them need to be removed for the image to display properly. After doing so, it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

Step nine:
    Click Insert. Your image should be shown in the text box where you're writing your thread. It will look like this:
    [​IMG]

I really hope this image guide helped, however if you have any further questions and/or concerns feel free to reach out to me! I will be locking the thread, as I feel that the question and/or concern has been addressed.

-Thread Locked; Question/Concern Addressed-

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Serotonin, hkq, PieOrPi and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.