• 1771 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10209 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Gwen says! (Simon says, but Gwen)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MudkipLover2005, May 25, 2019.

1. Technically, it's like simon says, but with a different name. You start with 3 lives and it goes on until the time (5-10 Mins) or one player left. I thought of GWEN coz s/he (Might be genderless...) has the upperhand on telling people what to do. For example, the floor is lava and you can knock other players into it or anything else. This is like Minerware on -snip- but different.

Posted May 25, 2019
  2. Hey!

On Java, we actually had a game like this called Bawk Bawk Battles before! It was an arcade game, but let's say it wasn't the most popular one. If you want more info on that one, feel free to check its wiki page here! The game in itself was somewhat fun, but there were a lot of glitches here and there, and it was a bit longer than most other ones.

Nano Games then came around more or less as a revamped version of BBB (challenges taken from BBB but improved: chicken shoot, reverse tag or even some of the Quick tiny games (which itself is a form of Simon says: milk the cow, arrow rampage, punching pigs, etc). Ever since Nano came around, BBB has been discontinued: you can't queue for it in the arcade menu. Overall, I don't see it coming back on the Java platform any time soon!

You seem to be a bedrock player, so it could indeed be added there! However it feels like some challenges might be too hard for mobile users so I'm not sure if they could all work. Maybe some sort of version of Nano Games could act as a Simon says? Knowing roughly the demographics of the platform, it feels like this sort of game could be successful. Some Nano Games can definitely be played by users with inconvenient devices!

Posted May 25, 2019
    Jango_55, nolawn and MudkipLover2005 like this.
  3. Ok, great Idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2019
  4. I think this would be a very fun game mode to play with others and some servers like the one you got Minerware from had it harder on PC but easier on Bedrock edition, this is also on java so I would love it for a Simon says to be on Bedrock!

Posted Jun 12, 2019
  5. I love this idea!!

Posted Jun 17, 2019
  6. This is actually really cool but I think that another former game on Mineplex called Bawk Bawk Battles has the very same idea and concept; also, in Nano Games, there is a minigame called Quick which has the same concept. However, I would like to see Bawk Bawk Battles (GWEN says? :o) come back and I think this is a great idea.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  7. I'm actually quite fond of this idea, but for the Bedrock version only. The Java edition already has a version of this (Bawk Bawk Battles and Nano Games which is a revamp of BBB), so adding a game like this onto Java would seem a bit repetitive. However, I think this would work out great on Bedrock. Instead of BBB or Nano, it could be some sort of remastered/revised version. The idea that you're suggesting sounds very similar to Nano and BBB, but maybe there can be some sort of twist added to it on Bedrock.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  8. Hello!

I love this idea! I personally would really enjoy playing this game, I think it would be super fun to play with friends and just have a great time!

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  9. This sounds like a pretty cool idea! There is already a very similar game on Java called Quick in Nano Games. I certainly like the preposition of it being added to Bedrock too, as it has been done on other servers in the past and they have turned out very successful. It's a +1 from me

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  10. As pointed out by posts above, this does sound similar to a former game called Bawk Bawk Battles on Java. However, Nano Games seems to have replaced the game as it has several games similar to the challenges in Bawk Bawk Battles. Specifically, the Quick! challenges in Nano Games can be seen as "GWEN Says". In the Bedrock server, however, this is currently not a gamemode and could potentially be a great addition to the platform. It could be an improved version of Bawk Bawk Battles and Nano Games. Because Bedrock players are generally younger than Java's playerbase, this game may be very fun and straightforward for younger audiences, attracting a lot of attention. Overall, this is a solid idea and it would definitely be beneficial if it were to be implemented for Bedrock.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  11. I'm pretty sure this is similar to Bawk Bawk Battles or Quick! from Nano. Bawk Bawk Battles were used to be an arcade game in the server. However, it got discontinued due to less players playing from the Arcade. We already have a Nano game, Quick! and it's similar to like Bawk Bawk Battles. I'd think it's possible to add a new game to the Bedrock server. More people play Minecraft on their smaller devices. It'll be a great addition to add onto the Bedrock server.

Overall, I'd say that this should work in the Bedrock server! Other than that, great idea! +1

Posted Jul 2, 2019