• 267 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2445 Players Online
  • 2178 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hacker Found

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by nicninja, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was playing a few minutes ago on Cake Wars Duos on Mac when my friend and I found a hacker. His username is -snip- and he is a duke. All we saw was flying, reach, walling and he build around his cake with end portal frames which cannot be bought. I would report but all the video evidence I have is on my phone, and the Mineplex report policy states no recording from external devices. I hope he can be stopped soon because even with a whole server against him, we still lost. This post is on the Server Discussion and the Cake Wars forum.

Posted Jan 1, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 1, 2020
  2. This isn't the place to report hackers. Report here instead.

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  3. Thank you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2020
  4. you cant do much without sufficient evidence, i recommend looking for a mod in a lobby and asking them to check the hacker

Posted Jan 1, 2020
  5. Hey!

You are right in saying that your video evidence is insufficient as it was recorded from an external device. Sadly you may have to let this go until you find this player again, and when you do, ensure that you have some type of video recording software (Bandicam, Fraps, etc.) installed on your PC so you can lend a hand in this player being justly punished. If you do not have the facilities for this, here is what you can do:

• Locate a staff member in one of the lobbies and report the player using /a with the server they are on. Staff are mainly found in lobbies 1-5.
    • Ask a Hero+ ranked player to use /report for the offender.
    • Ask a friend to record the hacker for you.

If you manage to download video recording software, you will then be able to report the player at https://www.mineplex.com/reports which almost guarantees approval if you fill it out correctly and your evidence is reliable. I'd advise checking out the official reporting guide first.

Hope this helps and that next time you will see justice is served!

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  6. No words needed from me

Posted Jan 1, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  7. Hey there!

As WowCaleb mentioned, you can ask your friend or someone on your team to report it for you by recording their own evidence and reporting it at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. Alternatively you can do this yourself if you get your own recording software. You could also try finding a staff member in lobby’s, with lobby’s 1-5 giving you the best chances of finding someone that is available.

Hope that this helps you report hackers in the future!

Posted Jan 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 3, 2020
  8. Greetings @nicninja
    As WowCaleb and Eclipse said above you can ask your friend or someone on your team to report them if needed. Since you are on Bedrock you can't gain the Hero rank and we don't have a /report command. You can locate a Staff Member by checking lobbies 1-5. If you would like to you can also friend me in-game in case I'm ever online and you find someone!

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask!​

~ GuardianInASuit | Your Mineplex Guardian ​

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. As they said above, you can either ask your friend or someone to record the evidence, and they can report them at https://www.mineplex.com/report. You can also request an online staff member through StaffRequest communities, privately message them in-game, or find them in the popularity lobby (eg. Lobby-1). As an RPA, we do not allow anyone who are using an external device to record. If we saw someone submitted a report with an external device recorded, your report will automatically be denied by the Reports Patrol team.

In addition, you can also download the recording software. You can use some recording software, Bandicam, Fraps, Hypercam, or other recording software. If you have an NVIDIA graphic driver, you can get NVIDIA Shadowplay. If you have an AMD graphic driver, you can get an AMD Re-Live via AMD Radeon software. Once you record your evidence, you can upload it through your YouTube channel. Keep in mind that your video needs to be public or unlisted.

I’ll lock the thread as the question has been answered. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thread locked > Concern addressed

Posted Jan 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.