• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9338 Players Online
  • 6448 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

hackers

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by oneoobi, Mar 28, 2020.

1. what is wrong with the anticheat system? i see a lot of hackers wtf

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 and mab8400 like this.
  2. Hey there!

Sometimes, GWEN is unable to detect these hackers, therefore Mineplex entrusts the power of the community to report rule-breakers.

You can report any hackers you see at www.mineplex.com/reports, or request for staff in StaffRequest. You can also do /report if you have Titan+.

Please feel free to contact me for further questions, or contact a staff member. Hope this helps!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  3. So to address your issue in a non-robotic staff way (no offense) there is quite a bit wrong with the anti-cheat system. There's currently no developer for it, and it's is quite bad at stopping the majority of b-hoppers, reachers, KA users, and flyers. While recording and reporting a player will eventually get them banned, it's mostly useless. The majority of hackers have large numbers of alts and getting one banned will do next to nothing to stop them. I'd say, it's only worth recording and reporting a hacker who is closet cheating or is very good at avoiding staff bans (just about the only way to get a hacker banned). That said, the best way by far to stop hackers is to join the staff request community, and request staff to come and save you, however, there aren't always staff on, and even if they do get banned, they'll be right back on an alt.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    NothinButNet, brandon3074 and mab8400 like this.
  4. Is there a command to report hackers without having Titan+?

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  5. You can always join the StaffRequest community on the server.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  6. I may be wrong on this but I heard that Hero+ can use /report.

Before they made /report more accessible, I always reported players in the StaffRequest community.

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  7. Thanks for letting us all know! Keep reporting! You're making Mineplex much more fun without cheaters!

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  8. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Hero+ can use /report, though idk how effective it actually is

Posted Mar 28, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  9. It does seem that recently there have been an influx of hackers that the anti-cheat hasn't been successful at detecting. It is incredibly difficult to ban people using reach; I have reported multiple people using reach, with evidence, only to have the report rejected. It is frustrating going through all the effort to record, put the video together, post it, then report the user, only to have the player get away with it. The only successful reports I have made have been those b-hopping and using speed building. I really wish the devs would focus on the anti-cheat, because as of now it is the best way to stop hackers.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  10. Actually to have access to /report you have to be Hero+ not Titan+. So that means to have access to /report you have to be hero, legend, titan, eternal or immortal, not titan, eternal or immortal

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  11. Hey pal, I would like to tell you a few things.
    1)Don’t use what the @₽s& thing as you can be muted and also get some warning points.

2)I also hate hackers and people who use cheats. Gwen isn’t the best system, but it is very effective. Some mini-games have more cheat users because of the GWEN being disabled on those mini-games or should I say world type games? Survival Mode is an example.

3)Reports. There are dozens and maybe even hundreds of reports being written each day. Many of them are very silly like “ban Warponchik228, he doesn’t want to share with his resources” or “ban Cyberdoughnut for using wolves in Hungry Games”
    Some people are just too lazy or don’t have any evidences of the crime.
    Another reason of why people don’t report hackers is the lie. Some hackers say that they are the admins or moderators. This makes people fear hackers.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  12. There has been an influx of hackers, because there's been an influx of players. Sorta unavoidable :/

GWEN is not the best anticheat. We have no current Anticheat Developer at the moment (we also aren't hiring any Anticheat Developers for... some reason) so it's hard to improve her.

/report is for Hero+ (so there are less false reports) , but it has nothing to do with GWEN. /report is processed only by staff members.

Reach is a hack only punishable by a QA (Quality Assurance) member, so /reports for Reach will probably fail, but website reports will typically be accepted.

If you don't want to fill out the report form on the website and you're not Hero+, you can join the StaffRequest community in-game by typing "/com join StaffRequest" and waiting to be added.
    Then, whenever you see a rulebreaker, do "/com chat StaffRequest" and then "![server] [IGN of rule-breaker] [list of broken rules]". You can find out what server you're in with "/sv".
    Finally, if there's a staff member online who's in the StaffRequest community, they will come to the server you specified and ban / mute / warn the rulebreaker.

If there's a staff member in your game / lobby, do "/a [say who's breaking the rules" and they'll be dealt with. This is only really useful if you're in a lobby and someone's hacking in Lobby Gladiators - GWEN is disabled in the lobbies because all the cosmetics would accidentally activate her.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  13. Hey!

/report is actually Hero+ now! If you're trying to report for a chat offense, you could use /chatsnap and then upload the image on a forum report! Make sure to read the forum report guide, before doing so though! Alternatively, you can record or take an image for hacking offenses, then get an imgur link and include that link in your forum report again, reading the guide before doing so.

With that out of the way, I'll respond. Hackers are impossible to get rid off. Staff try their hardest to remove them and even made a community, StaffRequest, to help rid hackers and other offenders. Take for example, cyber-bullying, staff can mute for it, but not everyone always learns their lessons from mutes. We can't control them, aside from dishing out punishments to try and help them learn their lesson. The amount of hackers is high, don't get me wrong, but what's the point in making a thread about this issue if you have no solution? Here, we want posts to be constructive rather than having posts address issues without necessarily giving a solution to the problem. DEVs try their hardest for GWEN and they can't just improve GWEN just like that. There are countless threads addressing hate and issues with GWEN and they really don't help anyone, as the vast majority of them don't include solutions to the matter.

Regards,
    Sacred

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    yulufi / Sean likes this.
  14. Heyo!

Honestly GWEN is not the best anti-cheat and I know most of you guys can agree with that.
    Although GWEN isn’t the best anti-cheat I bet devs are trying to improve GWEN.

If you see a hacker and GWEN doesn’t ban and or punish the rule breaker, you can always report here at http://www.mineplex.com/reports

Hope that helped!

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  15. There is no anti-cheat dev, so no, GWEN is not being worked on.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  16. Mineplex must be looking to hire an anti-cheat dev though, because GWEN really needs some updating

Posted Mar 29, 2020
    brandon3074 likes this.
  17. Check the jobs page - they're not. GWEN is currently being maintained by AlexTheCoder and QA

Posted Mar 29, 2020