• 1358 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1358 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Halloween Havoc Kit Tier List (According to my personal preference)

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Blastronaut, Oct 22, 2020.

1. I am going to be rating the kits from Halloween Havoc this year by their stats from a scale of 1-5 for certain attributes (1 being Weak and 5 being strong) and how effectively I can use them in the game.

And I will be listing these from Top Tier to Bottom Tier.

Berserker:
    Stats:
    Attack power: 5
    Defense/Durability: 5
    Range: 1
    Movement: 3
    Team Support: 2

The Berserker is easily the easiest kit to use while playing Halloween Havoc for me, having special skills which makes killing mobs an easy feat. Granted you have to be up close and personal with what you're fighting, but with the kit's diamond armor, you have little worry about what hits you in combat.

Mage:
    Stats:
    Attack Power: 3
    Defense/Durability: 3
    Range: 4
    Movement: 1
    Team Support: 5

The Mage is a fairly straightforward kit to get into. You're able to hit enemies from afar unlike 2 of the kits, although a lot of the attacks aren't super powerful, especially since the Flame Blast no longer functions in its former glory, where it knocks back everything in the blast a decent few blocks away. Despite the watered down attack power, Mages are great to have around for healing up the whole team, not just by using Healing Wisps, but also by providing natural regeneration by being around the mage.

Rogue:
    Stats:
    Attack Power: 4
    Defense/Durability: 1
    Range: 1
    Movement: 5
    Team Support: 1

I'll be honest, I hated this kit for so long because everyone keeps insisting that the whole team uses it to rush through the sewer to skip to the Giant fight, and it never worked. However, I gave it a try just to experiment with it, and it's not as bad as I thought. The defense is the part I hate the most about, but the abilities can do you good if used right.

Archer:
    Stats:
    Attack Power: 2
    Defense/Durability: 3
    Range: 5
    Movement: 1
    Team Support: 1

I tried Archer one time and I was disappointed to find how unessential it is to an effective team. The Armor is just about the same as the mage, and just like the mage, it has ranged attacks which are honestly a little bit slow for my standards. The only real difference is that the Mage can heal and the Archer can't, making it the lowest tier kit on my list.

Team formations that work to complete the game:
    1. 2 Berserkers, 2 Mages
    2. 3 Berserkers, 1 Mage
    3. 2 Berserkers, 1 Mage, and 1 Rogue
    4. 1 Berserker, 2 Mages, and 1 Rogue
    You Really don't want to have more than one Rogue on the team at a time. Honestly to me there is no place for the Archer on the team in my eyes. The more healing you can get out of the Mages the better, and having at least one Heavy-hitting Berserker is good to have for a lad that can take a few more hits than everyone else.

And whatever you do, DO NOT RUSH THROUGH THE GAME ON CHALLENGER MODE.

I hope this Tier list helps you strategize to beat Challenger mode. It's been hard for me because I'm muted, but that's on me and there's nothing I can do about it.

Edit: One thing that I need to mention to players who are new to the game, USE CROUCH TO HEAL IF YOU'RE THE MAGE. A lot of players I have played with recently don't heal their teammates and everyone ends up dying before they get to Gendo.

Posted Oct 22, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 30, 2020
  2. Actually, Mage absorbs more damage than Rogue in my experience. The giant deals 4 hearts to the Mage, but only 3.5 to the rogue per a hit. I don’t know, glitch?

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  3. I've tested it a few times now, that's not what I'm seeing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2020
  4. Hmm. Me too

Posted Oct 22, 2020
  5. Heyo,

I'm actually pretty happy to see a Halloween Havoc kit tier list, as it gives me new ideas of what to try out/the pros and cons of each kit. I'd like to first state that this is a pretty well made list with good points.

I would personally believe Rogue is the best kit overall, as it has an amazing range for how powerful the swift strike is. I also believe team support is high in the Rogue kit, as any Rogue could recall right to another teammate to back them up while also receiving half your health back. As long as players are careful playing as Rogue, this could be amazing for either Normal or Challenger mode.

I believe that Mage is the second-best kit. This is because most combinations require a Mage, no matter what. The Mage kit is not only essential for healing but is also extremely powerful shooting out fire burning all incoming mobs. The only reason I wouldn't rank Mage as best is due to the lack of movement.

Finally, I would rank Berserker as third and Archer as last. Berserkers are very efficient while being paired with one mage, this combination could usually beat any level in HH. The main reason I'm ranking Berserker as third is due to the fact that they cannot heal themselves. As for Archer, there's no doubt this is the worst kit overall as it has next to no power, team support, or healing.

Thanks for making this list!
    ~~

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Hubble likes this.
  6. Thanks for da list!

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  7. Yes! I'm personally a mage main and I absolutely love HHC and HH from this year. The team has done an amazing job regarding balances and fixes while listening to community suggestions to make quick fixes left and right. I think this list is super insightful and matches a lot of what I'd say regarding each kit as well.

+1 from me, keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing your other threads ^-^
    ~Hubble

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    Starx280 and Fusafez like this.
  8. Hey, there are some good points here however on normal mode most people run 4 rogues to speedrun it and finish in under 12 minutes. It allows everyone to recall whenever they need to heal up and leap through everything quickly. My party and I usually kill the Molton Snake before it reaches the cave with 4 rogues, with anything less it'd be more difficult to do. Also, Gendo is easier to finish quickly since rogues can easily leap out of mid when TNT drops. Skipping the sewers on both challenger and normal mode is an easily doable and unproductive use of time if a team tries to take these mobs in my opinion. It's also a useful kit for the part where you rush to the ship since you can choose between using leap or recall to get back up if you fall off (which happens more times than I would like). It's a useful guide but undersells rogue in my opinion, which is definitely the fastest kit to use, which essentially makes it the best in my opinion as more wins will mean more XP. Thanks for the guide though and nice work putting it together :)

Posted Oct 23, 2020
    Xukuwu and Fusafez like this.
  9. In my opinion rogue is easily the best kit in halloween havoc even after its nerf because directional triple jump exists. You can also glitch the maze and parkour with it and solo HHC easily.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  10. Sick! Cool! Rad!

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  11. Hey there!

This is a great comprehensive list on the HH kits!
    However I have to agree with disgruntle on this one, the four rogues strategy is the best for speed running (my opinion). Games usually run around 12-15 minutes when speed running with this kit. It is extremely easy to pop ult and kill the molten snake before it reaches the cave. Its also pretty easy to kill Gendo assuming you have capable team mates. All you really have to do is focus creepers when they spawn, run away from tnt, recall when you need health or are in a sticky situation, and focus Gendo when creepers or tnt aren’t present. However, you do need to be careful about taking a lot of damage. The mobs can easily kill you if you aren’t careful. Lastly, The Pumpkin King is easily defeated if you and your team mates don't die. All you have to do is get him to agro onto someone while the remaining team kills the blazes, after that all you have to watch out for is the lava, tnt, red, and creepers.

Posted Oct 23, 2020
  12. The thing is, when I'm talking about the range, I mean the ability to attack from afar, relative to yourself. Swift strike doesn't count as a ranged attack because you are moving yourself through enemies and not throwing out something else to do damage. Everyone has their own thing for what they like in these kits. For me it's high attack power with relatively good movement. You have made some good points about what your preferences are, but you are incorrect about the Berserker not being able to heal himself. The Berserker's Blind Rage ability actually provides Regeneration over the 10 second time span that the ability is active.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2020
  13. I think it is more helpful to have two mages and two berserkers.
    It makes it easier when you battle the pumpkin king.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    Blastronaut likes this.
  14. Hey!

I really like this tier list; it's very professionally put together and sums up every class in great summary. My personal preference is Rogue, simply because I feel it's the most versatile class. It's fast, hit's hard, and even heals it's self. I also feel it's a very adept class to play, but not that hard to learn how to use well. It may take a couple tries, but when you get comfortable with Rogue, I feel it outshines every other class. Not to say Rogue makes other classes obsolete, I think a great, well rounded team, especially one for Challenger mode would look something like this:

1 Berserker: Sponge up damage for when revives are necessary, and it's AOE (Area Of Effect) attacks keep mobs in check
    1 Mage: Needed for heals of course, but also helpful for setting bosses on fire to keep that DOT (Damage Over Time) continuously circulating throughout the fight.
    2 Rogues: The damage dealers in the group. As stated above, they move fast and are ESSENTIAL for keeping the pace going. Their diamond swords single-handedly dish out the most damage in boss fights, but their double jump leap is very helpful when fighting the blazes at the end with the Pumpkin King.

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    Blastronaut and Valucia like this.
  15. Thank you for putting so much time into this and informing new players about this! Many new players probably don't know what's going on and thanks to you, if they come on the forums, they'll be thanking you! Good work.

Posted Oct 28, 2020