• 803 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6777 Players Online
  • 5974 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Harbor Market Map Problem

Discussion in 'Sneaky Assassins' started by mab8400, Dec 2, 2020.

1. I pursued the player after a while for the sole fact of making this thread to enlighten the problem.

Skip to around 4:00

Problem: Water kills instantly on contact (im pretty sure every single other game does not do this) which causes people to use stalling tactics that; if you do not have enough arrows/no archer kit, you physically cannot win because of the unfair geographical advantage of the boats.

Fix: Water deals incremental damage (like a border or corruption) and ladders/a small dock is added in several places around the map; ESPECIALLY the place in this video where the prows of the boats face each other. Where bridges have exposed side areas where you can be hit off are also places that need ladders/docks. (These can be easily used to predict the powerup spots where people cross the bridge, and you can just bow them off.

Posted Dec 2, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 2, 2020
    LegendSavedXmas likes this.
  2. That match would have been so annoying to go against that kind of dirty play by the opponent. I definitely agree with adding incremental damage so that people can clutch more often, and so that there is more skill to the game +1

Posted Dec 2, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  3. I agree a fix like you suggested ought to be added. I haven't seen another game have insta-kill when you touch the water, only water damage in increments. +1

As for the boat prows, that seems to be an issue with map design because it allows for relatively easy game stalling. Adding more dock areas around the boats to make it harder for people to be shot off would be the easiest solution in my opinion. +1 on that suggestion, too!

EDIT: Maps that aren't flat have insta-kill water because there's no way to get back onto the playable area once you fall. That being said, making it harder to fall/get knocked off would help with this issue, though if there were ladders or some way to get back to the playable area, I think the data point should be changed to have increment water damage.

Posted Dec 3, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 3, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.