• 738 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 738 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Healing In Paintball

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by Thunderer4215, Aug 18, 2019.

1. In super paintball, if you die, and someone heals you, sometimes you will either be killed instantly when you spawn or have 0.02 seconds of reaction time and then you die again. It really annoys me when someone heals me then I instantly die and it's not even my fault. It is just a waste of a water bomb. So, I think that when you are healed in paintball, you should be invincible maybe for a second or half a second.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    OakStairs and _Prof_ like this.
  2. Dying instantly after being revived is probably quite annoying but by giving someone invincibility after being revived, won't the same thing happen still, just the other way around? Now you can instantly kill the person on the other team who would have killed you and they can do nothing about it. I don't think any changes need to be made because part of the game is strategically reviving. Even if changes were to be made, invincibility would not be a good idea because it's not fun at all to lose to someone you can't even fight back.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Yato - Inactive likes this.
  3. I've invested a bit of time into Paintball(Full achievements). Having invincibility isn't with the game style. When you revive someone you have to think about it. If they get sniped it's just how the game works.

-1 seems like it would take away from the playstyle of Paintball

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Xukuwu likes this.
  4. Before my personal thoughts on this suggestion, I would like to highlight two possible issues with this idea.

First and foremost, as many users have already previously stated, being invincible whilst having the ability to paint other players is simply unfair. This is merely moving the entire instantaneous-kill-upon-respawn to a different player. A plausible solution to this problem is to make revived players both unable to shoot their paintball guns and unable to die for a designated interval. This way, it gives the player hit by the water bottle and the enemy team around the player an opportunity to grasp the situation and react accordingly.

Secondly, if invincibility becomes a reality, I would recommend having some sign or symbol that clearly depicts that the player is currently invincible. This way, no one wastes neither ammunition nor reload time, which could cause game-changing mistakes. Perhaps particles or a change in the armour colour the invincible player is wearing could suffice for this identification role.

As someone who often dies in Super Paintball, I agree with this idea as long as the game is kept fair; preferably by implementing what I have suggested above. Good idea overall, and I’m looking forward to what other players have to say about this topic, whether it be for or against.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  5. I don't think people understand that 0.5-1seconds of invincibility really does not let u destroy everything

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 18, 2019
  6. If you were to make invincibility after a revive, would you make it where the person throwing the pot does not have it? Cause if it's whoever is affected by the heal potion then someone could per say, give themselves invincibility by self-healing, then run away from a crowd with the temporary invincibility.

Now, I personally love Paintball and play it all the time. From a competitive standpoint, I definitely think it is unfair to be killed instantly cause someone tried reviving you while being chased by a shotgun. I personally think the invincibility should be extremely short to the point where you can just run a few blocks away (half a second at most). But yes, it's annoying to be mad about someone not healing you the whole game, then when they do you get spawnkilled. Just make sure whoever adds it in it, it only works on dead people coming back cause if it works for self heals that would not be good. Finally, this is a no brainer but if you are invincible you should not be able to hurt other people.

Posted Aug 18, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 18, 2019
    Xukuwu, Thunderer4215 and Snvy like this.
  7. I know you were exaggerating in the original post, but if we extrapolate from that, you're complaining about how you die almost instantly after being revived. This shows that 0.5-1 seconds of invincibility does let you destroy everything since you could then also almost instantly kill the person that would have killed you again. Your entire point in the original post was that such a small length of time can kill someone.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  8. I'm all for debunking people's ideas, but I feel like a second of invincibility would be pretty good. It's already a fast-paced game as is, and it doesn't help that you get killed immediately after a single pellet of buckshot touches you when you're less than five blocks away from [email protected] If they'd add an invincibility period, though, they'd have to make it so you couldn't deal damage either. You'd have just enough time to get to cover. +1

Posted Aug 18, 2019