• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5075 Players Online
  • 2185 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Health Bars Above Players

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jacob3Jacob4, Aug 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The title says it all, I think there should be health bars above players so you can see what health they have. Most servers have this but I think Mineplex could really use this. Short and effective idea

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  2. mineplex uses health bars for cake wars, but that is the only game with them, other than gladiators. I think adding them to other games, such as survival games or super smash mobs may be a nice addition. But I can see one flaw with having health bars. Every time you have lower health than another player, you might get targeted just because they want the kill. But over all, I think it would be more beneficial than not having them.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Legend998 and Disgruntle like this.
  3. But, we already have an even better system... you can see the exact player's health level...
    I think it would work well also in other games than CakeWars and Gladiators
    That's how it looks: https://imgur.com/uk0AwO2
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  4. Heyyo~

To be honest, I would personally like this to be implemented into certain games, like other games (Cakewars); however, it does add an unfair advantage that is not in vanilla Minecraft. The biggest issue regarding health indicators would be how people engage in fights, etc. And since Cakewars has the feature where players can respawn while they're cake hasn't been eaten, the health aspect isn't the most important part of the gameplay, while in other games, it is.

But overall, if this were to be implemented in other pvp games, such as Skywars, Survival Games, etc. I wouldn't be opposed at all. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Aug 4, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 4, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  5. Hey!

I appreciate you for taking the time to put together this thread!
    Unfortunately, I don't completely agree with the idea suggested here. Hear me out...
    I guess my biggest gripe with this concept is that it isn't necessary, given that it provides very little benefit to gameplay. There just isn't a need to know how much health your opponent is at - you will almost always have a rough idea of how a fight will play out (whether you are winning or losing) and knowing the exact value isn't necessary.

Now, we are all aware of this already being a thing in Cake Wars. And frankly, from what I've gathered, such damage indicators do more harm than good. As people have already mentioned, it really encourages people to clean and get a kill because they are simply low and easy to kill - I recall dozen of instances in which people say "I got them to x hearts go 1 tap them" - and it just removes the element of surprise/potential to bluff for players that have low health. No longer can you get away from acting like you have a lot of health because players know exactly what you're at and can judge make decisions off of that.

Given this, I prefer the way everything is as of right now, and as such, will be giving this a -1.
    Please let me know any questions/comments that you have!
    Thank you for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Legend998 and Paladise like this.
  6. Hey there, actually I agree with this addition for certain games. Obviously in non-pvp based games it doesn't actually pose any advantage. In CW it's particularly useful as if you're low you might back away from a fight if you didn't know the other person's health, it just makes the game more interesting really. One game that could benefit from this addition is Skywars.

I have to disagree with this point.. whilst being cleaned can be annoying, it's a part of the game. Being able to view other people's health allows a player to make more educated decisions about whether to go into a fight or not. I personally find it more annoying not knowing the other person's health than others being able to see mine. There are ways to avoid being cleaned anyway (even though it's not always in your control), ie have a good look around the vicinity and see if anyone from other teams is close by. Besides, in a game such as CW, if you were low at mid, the likelihood is you wouldn't stick around at mid for long after capturing the beacon.. you would head straight back to the generator to stack up anyway. Cleaning will always happen regardless; even without health indicators on, people will be able to see if someone's just engaged in a fight most of the time.

There are valid points both for and against this addition, but I'd really like to see this added to some more games. Nice suggestion :)

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    Breezily. likes this.
  7. Hey!
    Thank you for the comment ^-^
    To start, in no way am I trying to undermine your perspective as I completely see where you are coming from, and it makes perfect sense to me.

However, for me, I strongly value the ability for me to bluff my health in games. Despite being low in health I can still run after someone and chase them away from something like mid (this way I can ensure that it's all mine) because they don't really know the state of my health. With damage indicators implemented, the possibility of this would essentially be removed it its entirety, replaced with people going out of their way to chase you down and kill you because you are simply an easy kill.

I guess its a variation of playstyle, but I will camp mid as long as possible in Cake Wars despite being low just to prolong the time it takes for it to be captured by other teams and frankly, staying confidently on the beacon after you kill people incoming is fairly intimidating for other players that were considering on rushing.

Nonetheless, we all know cleaning will always happen. However, without damage indicators, I strongly believe that you will always have a bit more of a chance at staying alive than with them implemented. Again, I don't disagree with the points you are making, but for me personally, I would prefer them not added >.<

Thanks again!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  8. I could see this being an issue cause of targetting. It would make certain games worse like Skywars or Survival games. I think in games like SSM, Champs, MS. Arcade games, etc. I would like to say we have a big community of players who are competitive so this could cause a big issue with those players.

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  9. Hey again!

Upon some digging, I realized that this idea is actually not planned, as evidenced by this thread.

As such, I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" as well as locking it.

Thank you for sharing your idea!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned

Posted Aug 5, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.