• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10179 Players Online
  • 7289 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Here's an idea. Make targeting punishable.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Tranquil1ty, May 24, 2020.

?

Yay or nay

1. yay

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. nay

34 vote(s)
    87.2%
  1. This may not be the right spot to post this but whatever. I'm not trying to make it so that someone in SSM kills you 3 times and they get perm banned, just to be clear. My point is that if you have overwhelming proof that someone has been targeting you game after game after game, and teaming with other players (ignoring them) only to kill you, they should be punished maybe by a 3 day or 1-week ban. If you can capture a video of someone constantly going after you, and report it appropriately, then this should be good. I've had times where someone has gone for me, and only me, in SSM for 5 games straight, and they were teaming with the other players only to get me. I get killed, they run until I respawn, and when they're going for me again, running by other players, and even GETTING ATTACKED by other players and committing to me. Just saying that long, constant runs of targeting should be punishable. Take my opinions with a grain of salt though.

Posted May 24, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. no. I think this would just be silly to implement because a lot of the time it isn't done with malicious intent, and a player just happens to kill you a lot because you're the only one around them.

if it seriously bothers you that much, leave the lobby, it's as simple as that. I do that quite often myself, it works very well!

Posted May 24, 2020
  3. I’m also going to have to say no. Even if it seems people are targeting you they most likely are not they are just trying to play the game and to do that hey have to kill you. Even if they ignore someone else it could be because they have already done damage to you and want to get the kill. I am totally against this idea as it is not needed at all. If you feel someone is targeting you, leave, find a new game. That is what I do and it works well for me.

Posted May 24, 2020
    aiirr, LT Tombstone 77 and xGetRekted like this.
  4. Hey!

For this one, i just have to say no. Unless they are being rude towards you about it, you’re able to file a report on them at https://www.mineplex.com/reports
    If you were to be a content creator, or a streamer that isn’t nicked, you sadly can’t ban them for targeting.

Hope that helped!

Posted May 24, 2020
  5. It’s nearly impossible to implement and would just cause false bans.

Posted May 24, 2020
  6. Hi! While I understand your intentions, there is bound to be too much gray area. Just because 2 players may play the same game and be in the same round together (this would make them fight if not on same team) does not constitute a ban in my opinion.

Posted May 24, 2020
  7. I get your frustration, I also hate being targeted, but I think that adding a rule for it would be way too tedious to manage. It can be extremely hard to tell on a staff member's end if they're truly targeting - you could just be the only person around the player, and that's why they're killing you. So even if you think they're targeting you, it'll be hard on the staff member's end to tell if they're actually targeting. Adding a rule would probably end up with a lot of false bans, which is something that needs to be avoided.

Posted May 24, 2020
    AyyNick and xGetRekted like this.
  8. Hey! :sigils_down:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that targeting is an annoying part of any game. It's a really irritating situation when in a game mode it seems like a player is only attacking you, and will do anything to make sure you lose. Obviously it's a negative feeling when you're being targeted, but at the same time you could just be using that as an excuse. I for one, used to be extremely good at crafting a perfect excuse every single time I lost a game. "He was cheating!" "They teamed on me!" My computer lagged!" I've probably given about every excuse for losing a game in the book, and that's where I think this idea draws the line.

To start, targeting is a part of the game. I've talked to a few leaderboards players and they have to deal with it quite often. Yes, targeting is annoying, but it's part of the game. While there are exceptions for YouTubers who are constantly getting stream-sniped or targeted. The average player doesn't have a swarm of fans attacking them every single game. I think that if you implemented this, it'd take multiple games to determine if a person is targeting, and even so it could simply be a clean. I believe this would result in a lot of false bans, and a lot of reports for teaming that could give a cheater more time on the server while breaking the rules.

While I understand being frustrated by being targeted, sometimes your brain just tells you they were targeting in order to make the loss feel less bad. Other times, it could just be a coincidence or a clean. I do however admire that you put your idea out there! Something that I always say, putting your ideas into the community is exactly the kind of thing that will shape Mineplex in the future. I encourage you to keep posting ideas, and never feel discouraged. With that being said, enjoy your day, stay safe, and keep on posting!

Posted May 24, 2020
  9. Targeting is definitely annoying. However, you suggested a permanent ban which is way too severe for an offense like this. This offense is currently punishable for a severity 1 gameplay offense if a YouTuber / Streamer is targeted and these bans are typically only a few hours. I don't agree with making it punishable for all players because it would be very difficult to prove it, and could lead to some false bans.

Posted May 24, 2020
  10. you can't exactly call targeting being cheating.
    it is annoying but maybe you should try to get better at the game and maybe than people won't be targeting you.
    and if you're so serious about this and wanted to make post you can just leave the lobby.

Posted May 24, 2020
  11. If they are TEAMING to target you then it is punishable I think. But I do think staff targeting should be punishable because streamer/youtube targeting is punishable.

Posted May 24, 2020
  12. I'd have to disagree with the staff targeting as a punishable offense. Targeting, at least in my opinion, can have a pretty strategic background to it. Content creators have that rule because it affects their ability to record their game-play, which defeats the entire purpose of them being content creators if they can't enjoy making content because of someone ruining their game-play. As for staff, it doesn't really affect us at all, there's really no need to have a rule like that enforced. Yes, it's annoying, but at the same time it's just something that can happen on occasion, like any other player.
    But back to my point of it being a strategy, and a reason why this shouldn't become a rule. There's no way to conclude that whoever is targeting you, is doing so with malicious intent. Sometimes people get targeted based of their levels. Most people assume the higher the level, the better the player and higher experience they have. So in theory, if you target the best player, your likelihood of winning becomes higher, at least that's how I see it.

Posted May 25, 2020
  13. Disagree smh

Posted May 25, 2020
  14. Hey I’m eternal rank not hero D:

Posted May 25, 2020
  15. Hi there!

No, I would not like to see this implemented for various reasons.

We can all agree, Targeting is not the best, and I can even admit it's extremely annoying. But regardless Targeting shouldn't be punishable as most people do it to be funny or sometimes are doing it on purpose. But again it's really just something that shouldn't be punishable, when it comes to people with gameplay offenses, those can stack up over time, it starts off as 4 hours then goes up periodically, I would find this very annoying as punishing for targeting could be difficult. since sometimes it may not be quite obvious and it would require us to watch the person for a long time in order to determine if it would even be punishable. If someone ends up getting banned for 20 days for Targeting someone I could find this very annoying and I would be extremely upset. Overall I don't really see this working out and I would not like this to be added.

-1. I am happy to see you're active on the forums and you're creating ideas which is great to see and we would love to see more ideas by you! But this one I just don't see working.

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted May 25, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  16. I said a 3 day or 1 week ban where did I say permanent lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2020
  17. ^^^ This reply goes over pretty much all of the reasons as to why we aren't making this punishable. If you don't want to play against a specific person there's always the option of going to another lobby or you can keep playing against them and find other ways to win the fight. Since we won't be implementing a rule for this, I'll be applying the not planned tag. Feel free to continue discussion though, thank you!

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    aiirr and xGetRekted like this.