• 1809 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10935 Players Online
  • 9126 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hey, I'm Josh.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hyperkinetic, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Hey guys! I've been on the forums for about a year or so now but I don't think I have ever formally introduced myself on the forums (if I have then I'm sorry, I have a bad memory about specific events in my life). Anyways, you might know me as hyper or panda. As my in-game name last year was AyyPanda / P_anda.

Anyways, let me get more into myself. My current ign is hyperkinetic, feel free to call me Josh, panda, hyper, or any other names that you come up with. I joined Mineplex in December 2015 and have been playing (somewhat frequently) for the last 5 years (about). Mineplex has created some absolutely amazing memories for me, my friends, and even my sister. We would always play Mineplex together and have so much fun doing so. The Mineplex community is such an amazing, welcoming, kind, and warm place. Also, the Mineplex community is kind of like a big family where everybody treats everyone with respect and kindness. Amazing friendships can come out of the Mineplex community.

I'll move onto my personal life now, I am currently 16 years old (turned 16 in April) I live in Florida, I have one sister, and three dogs. I'll explain more about my dogs because people are probably more interested in them then they are in me lol. The first dog, his name is Toby, he is 5 years old (June 8th is his birthday), he is a yorkie and weighs 5 pounds. The second dog, his name is Milo, he is 3 years old (turned 3 October 28th), he is a miniature schnauzer, and he weighs about 15 pounds. The final dog, his name is Baxter, he is 3 years old (turned 3 July 16th, he is a pitbull, and he weighs around 95 pounds. I currently attend online school (due to Covid) and have been doing so since March and probably will be online till at least January. :( Next, I love outdoor activists and doing things outdoors. I've been running for around 8 years (mainly on a city track team). However, I've been on the school track team a few times as well.

I enjoy spending time with family and friends. One way we have done this in the past is by going on vacation every summer. For 6 years, we would go up to South Carolina and spend a week there at a lake house. Last year, we all went on a cruise for the 4th of July. Most recently, we took our biggest trip and took 2 weeks to visit Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Part of our vacation group lives in South Carolina, so we went up there for the start of the vacation, stayed in Tennessee for a week at a mountain house. We went white water rafting, ziplining, and to DollyWood (a theme park in Tennessee) and we also did a bunch of tourist stuff in Tennessee as well. In North Carolina, we spent time looking at waterfalls and visiting different shops around the place we stayed in. We stayed in Georgia for one night and just toured the city of savannah, then went back to Florida the next day. I love travel and it's been hard having travel restrictions due to the pandemic, but hopefully this will all get better soon. Across fall break (thanksgiving break) I'll be travelling to San Juan for a few days as well. Some of the big places I've been in the United States are the following: Washington DC (inside of the white house got a private tour), Baltimore (around Washington), NYC, and that's about it except for the places we visited in the last summer trip. My dream is to be able to visit Canada one day, not sure quite why but it just seems like a really cool place to visit.

Finally, I love cold weather (which living in Florida I rarely get). However, it's currently in the 60s/70s and I absolutely love it (I'm literally doing digital school outdoors for half the day lol) Whenever we get cold weather in Florida, I get so happy and spend even more time outdoors than I normally do. Let me know if you guys experience a lot of cold weather (you probably do because I'm in one the hottest states in the USA lol).

Thank you guys for reading my introduction and I hope to get to know you guys more :)

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    Jamey, DerpDerpie, jazzeh and 3 others like this.
  2. Hi josh

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    hyperkinetic likes this.
  3. Hey Josh! Nice to meet you :D

It was really cool to read more about you, and I relate to a lot of things in this thread. I also have horrible memory so it's nice to see someone else who understands the struggle haha

It's awesome to hear that you've made a bunch of good memories on Mineplex, and I'm glad that you and your sister have found it to be a good place to make friends and hang out!

I love reading about peoples pets, and have two dogs of my own! Thank you for sharing about your puppers, and I would love to see pictures if they are available! Give them all pets for me :D
    I also am online until January, and I can't wait to go back and get out of the house. We'll see how that goes when it get here, but hang in there!

As it happens, I also head down to the west coast most summers, and I have family in NC so we often spend a wee with them. Unfortunately that didn't happen this year due to COVID but hopefully I'll be able to see them next year! Your cruise sounds like it was an adventure and I hope you have an awesome time on your trip in a few weeks.

I'll have to disagree with you on the cold weather, though I do prefer being too cold than too hot haha

This was an awesome intro and its cool that you took the time to write it! If you seem me around (I'm on bedrock so you probably won't in-game) feel free to say hi!

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    hyperkinetic likes this.
  4. Nice to meet you! It's so cool that you can relate to somethings (like memory haha). Anyways, yeah the cruise was fun as well! We went to the Florida keys and cozumel, a 5 day cruise. I'll try to get some pictures of my dogs for you soon! It's sad that COVID is cancelling a lot of people's vacations but hopefully it will get better. It's great to get to know a little more about you as well and hopefully we'll get to know each other more overtime! :)

Hey! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
    TheArrow'sShadow likes this.
  5. hi josh! great to meet you :) I'm fairly new to forums lol but it's nice to meet you and same about playing with siblings! with my sister only having bedrock it's great to be able to play with her but also play with my friends on java also! and don't worry about the terrible memory - i'm just as bad sometimes lol but it was nice hearing about you :)

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    hyperkinetic likes this.
  6. Cool! Welcome to the forums, if you have any questions feel free to let me know! I hope to see you around in the forums / ingame! :))

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
    jazzeh likes this.
  7. Hey Josh,
    I've seen you a lot on the forums and I've seen you quite a bit in-game as well! You are a really friendly person and it was fun learning more about you! I absolutely love the fact that you have 3 dogs (dogs are the superior pet), especially how many different breeds you own!

I hope to see you soon!
    -Andrew
    ~~

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    hyperkinetic likes this.
  8. Hey! I really enjoy spending time with my dogs. :) It's definitely cool to own different breeds of dogs as well. Hopefully we get to know each other more in the future!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
    andr3w likes this.
  9. Hi there Josh!

Firstly, I wanted to let you know that I also have a terrible memory and sometimes I can’t even remember what I ate for dinner last night. With that being said, don’t worry you’re not the only one! Haha. Sometimes it’s really frustrating and challenging trying to remember something important. It’s super wholesome to see older community members who have stuck around Mineplex for so long and I can most definitely agree Mineplex is nostalgic for me, as I am sure it is for many others as well. I have been playing Mineplex since 2014 and I too have so many great memories here on the network and I have made so many great friends over my many years of being here. One of the coolest things I have noticed in time is that the Mineplex community has always been close and relatively family. There’s no doubt, the experience of new friendships have come from just playing on the server for many players. I think for me, being able to meet people around the world on Mineplex is one of the coolest things and that’s one of my favorite things about the server! I absolutely love dogs and I think Milo is one of the cutest names a dog could ever have. I am doing both distance learning and in-person learning this year, and I think it's fine. I just don't really like the online portion because I feel that I learn better in a in-person setting. A fact about me is that I also love to run! I didn't know I was a long distance runner until my Junior year of High School and really grew a liking for the longer races that other people dreaded by the end of the track season. Unfortunately my Senior track season was canceled and I never got to race competitively last year. Although it sucked, life moves on. It was also really fun reading about your travels and where you would like to go. I haven't been too many places myself, and as I have grown up, I have realized we never really went to any places because my parents don't like to travel. Some places I want to visit as an adult is Canada, the UK, Ireland, Spain, etc. There are so many places I would like to travel and see, I literally couldn't sit here and name all of the cool places around the world that I would like to eventually visit. But overall, I absolutely love to travel and will be doing lots of it after COVID settles down. Usually, it’s decently hot all year round for me so when we get cold weather I most definitely enjoy it. Thank you so much for this great introduction Josh and if you ever see me in-game feel free to say hello!

Posted Nov 3, 2020
  10. First of all, I just wanted to say that your response made me feel so welcome and just even more comfortable in the Mineplex community. It's cool that we can relate in a lot of different ways! Also, I started off as a sprinter when I was younger as well but over-time I just grew to like distance more as I got older. I don't know why I started liking distance, it just happened I guess. Also, safe travels for your future travels after COVID dies down! I hope to see you around in-game / on the forums more and hopefully to get to know you better as time progresses! Thanks for replying to my introduction and have a great rest of your day. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
    Amg_ likes this.
  11. Hi josh

Posted Nov 3, 2020
  12. Wat

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    anna ♪ likes this.
  13. Hey!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020
  14. Hello Josh!
    I remember seeing you around in the network a couple of times under the ign AyyPanda. As a Tennesseean, it's nice to see people who have been there. It's not a particularly "amazing" state by any means. However, it's a nice place to be regardless. Anyway, thank you for making this introduction.

Posted Nov 3, 2020
    hyperkinetic likes this.
  15. Yeah, for sure! It was a really fun trip and there's a lot to do there as well! :) Thanks for replying to my introduction.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2020