• 290 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5325 Players Online
  • 5035 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hitboxes

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Thunderer4215, Nov 11, 2018.

?

Should hitboxes be allowed?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2018.
  1. Yeah, let all the hunters win without trying

35.7%
  2. No, the game should be playable for hiders

64.3%
  1. Make turning on hitboxes punishable. It is overpowered and basically reveals all hiders. It is annoying and honestly should not be allowed.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
  2. I agree, I think that there should be something that Mineplex could add that would make turning on hitboxes impossible, I am no staff member, but I know they did SOMETHING to keep 1.8 combat, so they can do something to get rid of hitboxes.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
    AppleFTW likes this.
  3. They can't remove the ability to turn on entity hitboxes. They kept 1.8 combat by altering the damage and cooldown to be the same, most likely, which is very different from a function command built in to Minecraft client. They probably can't alter that in any way. There is probably a way to make it so you register as an actual block making it so hitboxes don't show up on you, but I'm not too sure so don't quote me on that.

Posted Nov 12, 2018
  4. I don't think it would be hard to tell who has hitboxes turned on. When does a single leaper hunter just get 15 kills in 2 minutes?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2018
  5. Mineplex can't change/punish build in minecraft functions like F3 b. What they can do is to finally fix the glitch where hider hitboxes sometimes don't disappear after they become solid blocks.

Posted Nov 14, 2018
    Parkour37 likes this.
  6. It’s a vanilla feature, so you can’t expect a server to remove a feature or make it punishable. To fix that, they’d probably have to force players to use specific client mods made by devs so that you can’t bypass this feature (like Podcrash did with F5ing in MS if I remember correctly).
    This though won’t happen, as the server has clear intentions of not adding similar mods to the server as stated in the past. So for the time being just try to go with something deceiving, like a cow in a herd and easy fix.

Posted Nov 14, 2018
  7. I highly doubt there is no way that we can 'disable' hitboxes since it's a built-in feature, combat is more version based than hitboxes. I understand they give a massive advantage; however, it is practically impossible to disable them. Also, if we try to 'catch' people using the hitboxes we can't since there's no certain way of proving someone uses them unless we can see their screen!

Posted Nov 14, 2018
  8. Hitboxes completely remove any point of the Radar kit, and its entirely unfair to hiders. I hope this issue can be fixed, because I would think the majority of players would like if hitboxes were disabled.

Posted Nov 14, 2018
  9. The idea of punishing for the use of F3 + B in Block Hunt has been discussed numerous times within the Rules Committee and each time we have agreed that it should not be punishable since it is a vanilla feature of the game, as coralines stated above. We do not want to punish players for something that automatically comes with Minecraft itself. I don't imagine this is something that is going to change, though you never know.

However, the idea of implementing a feature that disables it is a separate solution. Personally, I wouldn't mind a feature to disable it if something like that were possible. It does make the game somewhat unfair (I say somewhat since it isn't completely reliable). If it was just disabled, I think it would make the game more fair and game play would be more like it was originally intended. I have to disagree to punishing for it though.

Posted Nov 19, 2018