• 2298 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10736 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Hole In The Wall (NANO Games)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Border, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Should Hole In The Wall be added to Nano Games?

Poll closed Jun 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. So, I play Nano and I find it really fun. I was thinking about this new game called Hole In The Wall. You basically have to duplicate the example and place the blocks in the correct area before the wall starts to close in. It also can be a short mini-game too. If you don't place it in time, then you are out of the game. Each level you beat, the wall starts to move faster and faster. Also, if you beat the build fast, you can click the button and it will pass you through the level if it is correct. I know other servers may have this game, but I found it fun. I have also seen some games from nano on the servers as well. I just thought this is one a fun game and enjoyable.
    Example- https://i.imgur.com/mYU9O2Q.png
    I know it is bad, but it is the best I can do. Feel free to change the game or make it more challenging. Btw I take constructive criticism, so don't be afraid to critique me! Hope you enjoyed this idea and consider adding it to the game. Thank you and have a great day!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    neotheater likes this.
  2. Copy of a -snip- party game (as you said), also seems like the same thing as the Copy Cat game. So yeah, I don't like the idea of two very similar games in Nano. Nice suggestion, though.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  3. I knew that someone was going to comment that it relates to Copy Cat. There are differences, in Copy Cat you can take how long you want for a build, but in Hole In The Wall, you will be rushed. Also, instead of placing the blocks on the wall, you would have to build the blocks up instead of using the wall. I don't know if you know what I am talking about, but in Copy Cat there is a wall behind to place blocks on. In Hole In The Wall, you have to place the blocks up and no wall will be there, so it would be more challenging and faster. The two games are basically like Rose Rush and Sheep Quest and how they were alike. Thanks for telling me how you feel about it though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019
  4. You're rushed on both, but in different ways. The change with building won't change how we see the game and its relation to Copy Cat.
    Like I mentioned previously, I would rather not implement a game from -snip- either.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  5. You aren't really rushed in Copy Cat because you get over a minute to beat one level.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019
  6. that's not. . . .the point of the game

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  7. why not?

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  8. I personally think this is a bit too similar to Copy Cat. It's a nice suggestion but having two Nano games that are have relatively similar concepts probably wouldn't work that well.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  9. It does not matter if this game will last longer or not. I believe that this game looks similar to Copy Cat. Although, I am not agreeing with this idea, and that will be a no from me. I think the developments team will not allow a similar game to implement in Nano games, and they will receive many critical receptions from the players too. -1

That is one of the good concept that you have, but I think it is impossible to add into the Nano games.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  10. I agree that it's a fun concept, but like others have said above, implementing a game that's so similar to another game that's already in the rotation wouldn't be the greatest. You could argue that there's the Hot Potato and Emerald Tag game which are very similar concepts, but they sort of go together as a pair. There's also the fact that this would basically be an exact copy of a game on another server, which doesn't really look good on Mineplex.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it'd be the best thing to implement into Nano.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  11. I don't think it copies copy cat much, rather that the game is almost exactly like a game on our competiting server. It wouldn't look good on us to add it without some sort of drastic twist.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  12. copy copy cat copy copy? lol much copy very wow

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  13. I like this idea, but how about, instead of placing the blocks, you have to just through the wall like in that one TV show?

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  14. too slimier to copycat. It's like having a Princess Peach on Super Smash Bros and then for some reason they add Daisy as just an echo fighter. smh

Posted Mar 23, 2019
  15. Heya!

I don’t see how it’s similar to Copy Cat because if anything it’s more like Speed Builders. But I really like this idea! It’d be a mixture of Speed Builders, Quick and Knock Knock! I say that, because Speed Builders is building speedily or you die, the wall coming at you is like Knock Knock and Quick because you’d have to do it quickly.

I like the idea of building something in a quick time, and with the wall coming at you it could make to be a very adrenaline pumping game! I’m guessing you mean you have to build the blocks in the correct way to pass the level? If so then I’m all for it.

If it’s not added as it’s own Nano game I’m sure it’d fit right into Quick. Maybe we’d all be sent to our own mini Quick arena for the game and then build the design. I hope you get what I mean by that.

Yes good idea! Hope to see it soon(:

Posted Mar 23, 2019
  16. My fellow Mineplexians,
    This is a fantastic start of an idea, however I feel like it needs work.
    I agree with Danese in the sense that it "should be like that one TV show," which, top my recollection, is called Hole In The Wall.
    Thank you, and have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening/night.

Posted Mar 24, 2019