• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7158 Players Online
  • 4268 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Holiday Skin Contest

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bunni, Dec 13, 2019.

Added to Events Calendar for dates: 12/19/19, 12/20/19, 12/21/19, 12/22/19, 12/23/19
  1. Ho ho ho! Santa bun here!

Welcome to this special holiday forum event, hosted by the Mineplex Event Squad team. For more information about us, please visit this link.

[​IMG]

After observing how well the other skin contest went, we decided to do another one for the 12 Days of Mineplex events! This event is apart of the 12 Days of Mineplex event series, where you can see the full schedule for at mineplex.com/events!

For this forum event, we’re hosting a special skin contest! For this skin contest, you can either choose a theme to go with or use one of the listed themes. Leaving that up to you!

If you see a specific skin you think is really cool, feel free to give the post a like to let them know they did a good job!

These are the themes you can choose from. You can combine themes for creativity points!

• Candy Cane
    • Winter
    • Gingerbread
    • Christmas Tree
    • Polar animals
    • Snow/Ice

Remember, these are just some ideas for themes you could choose to go with. The end result is up to you, so be creative and have fun!

To enter, just submit a reply to this thread with your skin creation.

Guidelines:

Please take some time and read through the rules before you post and enter this contest.

- Ask any questions you have in this thread!

- All forum rules - found at https://www.mineplex.com/rules/ - still apply in this event and future events.

Prizes, like normal will be given to the top three winners of the event. Winners are chosen at the discretion of the Events Team.

1st - 2 Mythical Chests + 1k Shards
    2nd - Mythical Chest
    3rd - Ancient Chest

This event will be running for longer than usual. The event will end on December 23rd at 6pm EST!

Thread Created By: @Bunni

If you want to submit your own forum event ideas, please message an Event Squad member or post your ideas here.

Best of luck to all who enter and Happy holidays.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
  2. I remember the october skin contest from 2 months ago and I'm glad that Event Squad is hosting more of these. Won't be attending because my skin creating skills are non existent but I wish good luck to anyone who attends instead.

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    Jocoe and Bunni like this.
  3. Reminder that this event is still a thing and you still have time to submit! c:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 18, 2019
  4. Hi @Bunni. Thank you for posting a skin contest, and when will this event start?

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  5. It’s already started! It’ll run until this coming Monday.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 19, 2019
  6. I won't be entering because I'm awful at making skins, but my question is will we be able to view submissions? I would really enjoy seeing everyone else's work.

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  7. And where do I upload my skin?

Posted Dec 19, 2019
  8. Posted Dec 20, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  9. Posted Dec 20, 2019
    Bunni, M4RK7000 and Acaulis like this.
  10. I love this so much, you did really well. I love how you made elf on the shelf your own and even added in some candy cane colours. If I wasn't already a moose/reindeer football player then I would be begging you to let me use this piece of art.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
    M4RK7000, Inf3rrior81 and Zipppo like this.
  11. Ah, creative facial details! I’m currently working on my own skin, good luck.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  12. this seems like a great skin, i love the facial expression and the simplistic design! epic job :)))

Posted Dec 20, 2019
    Inf3rrior81 and Zipppo like this.
  13. Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  14. Posted Dec 22, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  15. on my laptop i cant get screenshots because the f2 and f5 are like brightness and sound buttons,
    so is it okay if i just post a link to my namemc profile so you can see my skin?

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  16. You could; however, to fix that you need to press fn (the function key, it's located on the bottom left of a keyboard, next to the control key) while also holding f2 and it'll take the screenshot. I have a laptop and I had to do the same thing earlier, so I hope this helps you!

It doesn't matter if it's "good" or not, I'm sure it'll be cute either way. You can try and see what you can do, that's better than not trying at all. :)
    I think you figured it out, but just in case (if anyone else is wondering) - you can upload it to imgur and post the link on this thread!
    Good luck to you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
    Korben likes this.
  17. thank you! <3

Posted Dec 23, 2019
  18. Hello gamers~ Happy New Year! Since the past few weeks have been quite busy with the holidays, haven't gotten to posting the winners till now.
    First of all, you all did a good job with the submitted skins so props to you! But our voted winners (thank you @EA) are as follows.
    @Zipppo came in first with her elf on the shelf skin!
    @Inf3rrior81 came in second with this snowman skin!
    And last but not least, @TheLittleCreeper came in third with this holiday skin. Awesome work everyone! @NoHacksJustGavin you also did a fabulous job, no worries <3
    I will submit prizes so that they can be applied soon. The thread will be locked for now, but stay tuned for future skin contests because they're pretty fun. Let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns~

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Inf3rrior81, Hxmza, Korben and 2 others like this.
  19. Alrighty so I’ve decided to give my prizes to @NoHacksJustGavin :) I never entered wanting to get a prize or anything, so I thought I would give it to someone else who entered but didn’t win anything this time around. I hope you enjoy <3

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    Im_Ken, Klobby and Bunni like this.