• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3355 Players Online
  • 3355 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Holiday Update 2020 (12/11/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by EmmaLie, Dec 11, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone! This year we prepped and released the holiday update a bit differently. We started off by opening up a discussion with you guys on what you wanted to see the most this year and oh boy you guys gave us a lot of suggestions. From making changes to Christmas Chaos to bringing back the advent calendar, we made sure to give you guys a little bit of everything. The update this year was also released in parts due to time restrictions which is why this thread is coming out a bit later than usual. 2020 has been quite the year for all of us so we hope this update brings some joy to you and your friends this holiday season. From all of us at Mineplex, we want to wish you a safe and happy holiday!

Holiday Update - Java Edition Changelog
    - Advent Calendar brought back
    - Christmas Chaos II brought back
    - 7 brand new additions to the frozen treasure
    - Brand new holiday words for Draw My Thing & Master Builders!
    - Introduced our seasonal Holiday lobbies for the hub & MPS
    - Reintroduced the Christmas Treasure hunt! Find the 30 presents around the lobby and unlock the Christmas Ornaments Gadget and an Omega Chest!
    - Holiday Map Update
    - Added this month's Immortal Cosmetic, Kangaroo Jump.

Miscellaneous

- Fixed an issue where certain morphs were able to spam their abilities
    - Fixed some of the freedom particles not displaying correctly
    - Made optimizations to reduce the amount of network traffic we sent to each player. This in turn should reduce the amount of freezing and network lag that EU players especially have when playing on Mineplex. This will be most noticeable in Lobbies and games with large maps and numbers of entities such as Halloween Havoc, Christmas Chaos, Snake etc. We will be monitoring the effects these changes have over the coming days to see if there is more we can do to improve player experience.
    - Fixed an issue where logins would take a long time/timeout completely
    - Fixed an issue where mounts would sometimes freeze in the lobby
    - Added additional messages when completing an advent challenge for clarity of the rewards received
    - Fixed an issue where some cosmetics unlocked with a rank were not unlocked.
    - Made it easier to edit Draw My Thing words for future changes
    - Small changes to the Christmas Chaos Map

Posted Dec 11, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2020
  2. Love to see it! :sigils:

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Huntermeyers2 likes this.
  3. Sounds great :)

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  4. Nice!

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  5. Another successful update!

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  6. Amazing update! This has been the best Christmas on mineplex in years. I love the changes to Christmas Caos, especially the secrets. The hunt and calendar are super fun additions. THANKS so much for this great update!

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  7. Yay! I love this update so much! WHOOP WHOOP!

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  8. Lovely update, hope yall enjoy it

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  9. Will this year gonna be OP games like Bridges,SG,CW..

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  10. I've really enjoyed all the winter editions this year! Logging in to see the new advent calendar challenge is always a great way to start my time on the server for the day. It's also a great challenge to keep up with throughout the month.

The winter lobby is beautiful! The treasure hunt was a great way to see the whole map and woah the amount of hard work put into it is amazing.

I've seen some dislike of the Christmas Chaos, but for the most part, I find it so fun and enjoyable. The first time I played it, the whole lobby struggled a bit, but after a while, it's great fun.

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  11. Hey Emily,

I love to see the new advent calendar challenge and some of the new changes to the Winters event this year. The Winter lobby is so beautiful, and I haven't started the treasure hunt yet. I also like some miscellaneous changes too. It helps to improve the Mineplex server overall. The only thing I don't like about the new Holiday update is Christmas Chaos. I haven't gotten through the game entirely, but I can tell that it's way difficult overall. I find it to be challenging just like Halloween Havoc Challenger Mode.

Overall, the update are pretty great!

Posted Dec 12, 2020
    EmmaLie and 20LeeBrian1 like this.

12. I understand your feeling, especially the parkour since it was so hard for me, but you will get used to this minigame! Do not feel bad about yourself! :D

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  13. I'm really enjoying this year's update so far, especially Christmas Chaos. Although it's definitely more of a challenge it's been extremely fun to play with friends and we've been able to finish it almost every time now.

I also really love the new cosmetics that were included with the Frozen Treasure, as I'm a big fan of Mineplex's cosmetics it was really exciting to see new things added!

Last year, I didn't get a chance to do the Advent Calander so I'm really excited that it's returned this year and hope I'll be able to complete it to get the rewards at the end.

Overall, I've really enjoyed this update so far it's been extremely fun and I'm looking forward to continuing to enjoy it for the rest of the holiday season.

Posted Dec 12, 2020
  14. The advent has been really really fun to do this year, it's had me playing games I wouldn't normally play and doing stuff I wouldn't normally do, it's been really refreshing overall, nice work on it!

Posted Dec 12, 2020