• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4959 Players Online
  • 4959 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hotbar editor for more games?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by MB7Rocks, May 9, 2021.

1. It might just be me but I think that it would be super nice to have the same Hotbar editor that is used for glads be used for other games as well. Cake wars as an example, it's really only a small inconvenience but most people will when they spawn move their kit items into a different spot in their inventory. Personally, I like to have blocks in my 3rd slot and I put wool platforms in my 2nd so I have to move these every time I respawn. And some I know put their blocks in their last slot which seems just mildly more inconvenient if you ask me. I think it would be nice to have a place in your Hotbar where you can select a kit and put a priority spot for kit items to spawn in. This would also be nice for a game like skywars for moving the compass around. These are of course really minor things but it has just been something I've wanted enough or been bothered by enough to make a thread on it. I've heard that this may be difficult to code and may have had something similar suggested before but this is only a suggestion and I saw no harm in posting it. If anything like this was added even just for just like cake wars or so I'd think it'd be nice so thought I would suggest it.

Here is just what I would think as an example of selecting a kit in cakewars to edit the hotbar.
    https://i.imgur.com/JR8XPz5.png

And what you would see if you were to select the builder kit.
    https://i.imgur.com/dU3wMAS.png

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this.

Posted May 9, 2021
  2. would be helpful if it worked

Posted May 10, 2021
  3. Hey,

I wanted to give some input on this idea, I do like the idea of being able to have my hotbar being organized but personally with all the items that you buy within in the shop, it just might be a hard thing to do/making the editor obsolete. You're constantly being items/getting items from chest and you can rearrange your hotbar/inventory then and there.

Posted May 10, 2021
    Zombieh and 90k like this.
  4. Yeah, I like hotbar editors to keep everything where I want at easy access, but for certain gamemodes, like IAmHarrison said, you're constantly receiving different items which might make a hotbar editor a little more difficult and/or obsolete to implement. For gamemodes that don't involve receiving items from chests or shops, like SSM for example, a hotbar editor could prove to be very helpful.

Posted May 13, 2021
  5. Hey,

I've moved your thread to the Game Alterations sub-forum as that matches the content you're discussing better.

I do like this idea quite a lot, I'd love to see the hotbed editor used in Gladiators make its way to other game modes such as Cake Wars. Personally it doesn't affect me much either way whether I have this feature in the game or not because I'm pretty quick at moving items around during a game and it only takes up a few seconds of my time, but it would be convenient to have that premade layout already set up.

The point raised above about how it could be difficult to implement does make sense too though. Considering games like CW have so many items, having a set layout and then purchasing items from the shop would, in a way, clog up your inventory and make the inventory organiser no longer as useful. I feel like if it could be implemented correctly and in a way that matches the respective game mode, why not add it in.

Posted May 13, 2021
  6. I consider this idea to be a great addition in some games, not all though because it would make the inventory messy.
    Despite the fact that it is not a major inconvenience, I think that it would improve the users' experience on the network and that it would make games more enjoyable and satisfying. Due to this I agree with this idea and I would like to see it implemented.
    Do you have any suggestions for which games this addition should be added? In my opinion, it would be useful in games such as Super Smash Mobs, Super Spleef, Sneaky Assassins, Bacon Brawl, Evolution and other games that would not have a messy and impractical inventory if this change was to be implemented (Basically the games that do not involve receiving or collecting lots of other items, as Zombieh mentioned above).

Posted May 13, 2021
  7. I completely agree with this. I play the game on a more competitive side of things, and being able to touch your hotbar up a bit is something I have been wanting for a hot minute. It just allows for way better customization and it gives an opportunity to those who have different keybinds set or don't like scrolling to their ninth slot for their snowballs.

Posted May 14, 2021
  8. This does not even exist in bedrock, and should. This post is not under any specific version, so i will assume this applies to bedrock as well? We need this as well. I hate having my blocks in cakewars spawn before my sword sometimes and my hotbar is messed up. I sometimes hotkey to a block thinking its a sword and hit a guy with some clay and they just look at me and kill me before i know what happened.

Posted May 14, 2021