• 902 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3481 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hourly UHC

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2019.

?

Should UHC be brought back, with one game every hour?

1. Yes

93.1%
  2. No

6.9%
  1. UHC should be added back how it used to be, every single hour one game starts with an announcement in chat. This will bring many old players who want to play uhc back again. Going along with it, mods should host these uhcs or just be present to prevent xrayers and such. Overall, uhc being brought back would be great for the server.
    If you agree, feel free to upvote my post about it https://mineplex.featureupvote.com/suggestions/40401/hourly-uhc

Posted May 10, 2019
  2. Sorry, but personally I am not a huge fan of this idea as I feel that not too many people would attend, but I do not play UHC so I cannot speak for others. Good idea tho! :sigils:

Posted May 10, 2019
  3. In response to what you just said, every time the UHC is about to start it would send a message in chat like it used to, in the main lobbies. This would grab peoples attention. Not to mention a lot of old uhc players want uhc to be brought back.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 10, 2019
    Poal and xOeuf like this.
  4. You do have a point, thank you for responding! I never knew that this used to actually be a thing.

Posted May 10, 2019
  5. It was a thing when the gamemode first came out in 2015

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 10, 2019
    MythicalCake likes this.
  6. I see this possibility very unlikely. UHC was removed from Mineplex entirely.

I don't see the UHC lasting long. (even if it was added back) ~ The announcement thing will have people interested for maybe 2 weeks and then people would just ignore it ever happened. (Like Speed UHC and Solo UHC)

Hackers will probably take this as a good opportunity as well. ~~

Posted May 11, 2019
  7. Not meaning to be rude but I made a suggestion identical to this. Because I originally made the suggestion I give it a +1

Posted May 11, 2019
  8. Hi!

I miss hourly UHC so much! Honestly I’ve wanted it back ever since it was taken away from us, even though I never really played it. I loved seeing how excited the community got when the big purple text came up over the server-wide announcements saying it was starting in 15 minutes. A lot of people these days will not remember or appreciate that purple text.

I think this could be a great way to bring back the PvP players of Mineplex, because after UHC’s removal there was a player drop. There’s not many versions of the game on other servers. It’d be almost unique to us.

The only issue I see with bringing UHC back is the return of the huuuuuge lag spikes the server used to get because of the game. I’ve heard that’s why it was removed fully from Mineplex not long ago. On my old computer I used to not have issues with lag until UHC happened, so on this potato of a PC it would not only lag me but it’d make me have to buy a whole new computer.

But yes! Hourly UHC! Bring it homeeee

Posted May 11, 2019
    Poal, PVRKI and Dulciloquy like this.
  9. great idea for UHC fans i think it would actually get some people and it doesnt have to be like 100 people for it to start but it can be like 20 to 35 or something it would be decent!!!!

+ 1 | voted yes

Posted May 11, 2019
  10. 1000% +1 to adding UHC back obviously. Not sure every hour is a wise one though. I don't think enough lobbies would fill for that. Before the game was removed, there'd be about 1-3 lobbies live at a time, and maybe 1 with a few people waiting. But nowadays I don't think it would fill in the same way. So maybe one every two hours? Would give more incentive for people to join the lobby quickly too because first come first serve.

Idk. One every hour could work but I just don't think they'd fill.

Regardless +100000

Posted May 11, 2019
    Heaty, 500Likes, Halflove and 2 others like this.
  11. Every two hours would be good too. If every two hours filled a lot then they can switch to every hour maybe? Good idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2019
    Dutty likes this.
  12. I agree with this idea 100%, I loved playing UHC a lot and it was one of my most played game modes, I was so sad when they removed it. But I believe a UHC game starting every hour would be way too much and UHC lobbies just wouldn't fill, every 2-3 hours would work perfectly I believe. Maybe if UHC started with 30/40 players a game every hour would be possible.
    +1 for the idea

Posted May 11, 2019
    Saknoel and Dulciloquy like this.
  13. It'd be fun to play UHC again, and it's a great opportunity to practice your PvP skills. However, Mineplex removed it for a reason, so if this will come back, maybe a few updates and some bug-fixes needs to be done.

Also, I think that having UHC every hour is too much in the beginning, so maybe every 2-3 hours, as Alundor said.

Overall, I think this worth a shot, so +1 from me!

Posted May 11, 2019
  14. Every 2-3 hours would be great, with maybe a mod supervising every game. Uhc was a great game and it would be great to see it again

OP OP
    Dan1el likes this.
  15. Agreed!

Posted May 11, 2019
  16. Ah I remember the announcements about hourly UHC's back in the day.

I definitely don't see UHC coming back as an ongoing game with multiple lobbies, so this idea is a nice in-between. Although many players enjoy UHC, I imagine that its popularity has declined compared to years ago where UHC was one of the most popular game modes. Hourly does seem to be quite a lot. Perhaps specified time slots each day or every 2-3 hours like suggested above.

Ensuring that a staff member is moderating each game does have some issues. There are many times where there are very few staff members are online due to timezones. It's also quite restrictive to ensure that a staff member has to moderate a game. I'm sure that there are people who would love to, but it's one of those things you could not ensure to players.

Posted May 11, 2019
  17. Yeah, having a staff every game might be hard. Another option would be make a better anti X-ray system for uhc, but that be difficult to do. I think if it did come back, they should have UHC mods just like clans has clans mods

OP OP
  18. UHC
    Dang I miss that game, it was so much fun, but I was late to the game because it sadly got removed a few months after I learned about it. I didn't play much but I still really enjoyed it, there is something about it, that mix of vanilla Minecraft and multiplayer pvp. These days, I don't know how well hourly UHCs would be, especially at not-peak times, I don't think they would start very quickly. I suggest maybe every 3 hours or, so that a game starts at a decent time for everyone at peak times. I do agree with the other staff members when that say that a moderater present at every game would be very difficult to do, however if UHC becomes a by-weekly event, then of course staff would be present.
    I think it would be awesome if the Mineplex version of UHC had an addition that really stands out from the other UHC games out there, nothing game changing, but for example a custom generated structure that's a 'hero statue', or a small temple thats an 'Eternal temple' and maybe something relating to the Titian rank. Just an idea, but the suggestion of a custom twist that Mineplex could be known for still stands. Give me ideas that you have please and I'll be happy to listen and respond to them.
    Overall, a huge +1 from me, I love the idea and I believe the revival of this game would benefit Mineplex as a whole.
    uhDanny/firefox54

Posted May 11, 2019
    PR0M0T3D likes this.
  19. Hey there!

I like this idea! I loved playing UHC with my friends when it was an active game mode, and was sad to see it go when it did. Personally, I agree with having hourly UHCs, as it gives enough time for lobbies to fill up. I would also recommend games starting around 50 - 70 players since it's a pretty low chance that they'll always fill up to reach the 100 player limit.

I also wouldn't mind if the game mode had extra aspects added to it for its return, such as custom structures like uhDanny talked about above. Perhaps they could find custom items in these structures? It would be cool to see the game mode return with a big update like that.

Overall, +1 to this idea

Posted May 11, 2019
    Jqyd3n likes this.
  20. This, and also maybe only during the "up" hours. You don't get much traffic on the server as a whole from 11 PM EST to 7 AM EST
    And I made it before you on the old forums. Multiple times. But yes, it's a good idea.

Posted May 11, 2019
    Dutty likes this.