• 1923 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6113 Players Online
  • 4190 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hourly UHC

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2019.

?

Should UHC be brought back, with one game every hour?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. Heyyo!

I would love to see this come back to mineplex! As @uhDanny/firefox54 I think it would be better at 3 hours apart instead of 1. I also agree that this would help revive UHC on Mineplex and possibly even benefit Mineplex as a whole.

In my opinion to fix the problem of staff being there to overwatch the event, I would suggest a volunteer subteam for the Mineplex staff team to spectate the UHC games to prevent hackers. Knowing that the staff team runs off of specific subteams such as Reports Patrol, Forum Moderator, Media Team, and more, I don't know if that would be a really good idea to bring a whole new subteam to the presence of the staff team, but making it a volunteer team might help with staff members joining in part of moderating the games. I think a subteam would make everything more organized with staff moderating the games, but I'm not a staff member, so it's completely up to the staff team.

Some structures with a little bit of loot would attract some attention to players which could also speed up the process of people killing other players, and players dieing. Which I 100% agree with to add a little bit of spice to the games.

So overall, an obvious +1 from me. :)

Posted May 11, 2019
  2. Yeah it should be up between 10 or 11 am pst to 10 pm pst or something every 2 hours or so

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  3. maybe games that you can vote for modifiers? those would be interesting.

Posted May 12, 2019
    Fall and CreepBro06 like this.
  4. Great idea. Only thing is you’d have to set the required player count to something low like 25 to make sure games consistently start. I’d love to be able to play mineplex UHC again, i miss the old days of UHC

Posted May 12, 2019
  5. I agree with that.

Posted May 12, 2019
  6. What ideas do you have for modifiers? cut clean, timebomb etc?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2019
  7. I'm going to be honest that I don't think Mineplex has the player base to support UHC how it used to be. A few other people have said it as well that it would be something that dies off quickly and hackers would be a huge issue. I've never been a huge fan of UHC, but I know there are a lot of players that used to enjoy it. I feel like if it were to return, there would need to be some changes that were made to appeal to players.

Considering how long games of UHC can last, I don't think a new game starting every hour would be ideal. There have been numerous times when UHC was live where I would go into a lobby to talk with people or look at a hacker and the game had been going on for over an hour. It's more likely for players to finish that game and join a new one afterwards than for completely new players to fill another lobby. I think it would be better to increase it to every two hours and to ensure that any changes made to UHC would consider that players that played earlier games would want to join again.

Otherwise, I just feel UHC primarily died off because there was nothing unique about it on Mineplex. I think for it to really thrive, there would need to be new features that players haven't seen before on Mineplex or other servers. That's generally what gets players interested in an older game like this and to stick with it. I don't have anything specific in mind but maybe others do. I also definitely think protection against x-rayers is a must. We previously tried to implement a system to fight against them, but it made the game unplayable due to extreme lag and just wasn't efficient. A new system would likely need to be created.

Posted May 12, 2019
  8. Yeah, xray prevention is a must if it is going to come back
    --- Post updated ---
    need more feedback

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019
  9. How about special UHC events every Saturday and Sunday at certain hours, I'm sure those lobbies would fully fill up!

Posted May 17, 2019,
    Last edited May 31, 2019
  10. yeah im sure they would, and if it becomes a popular thing they can have them more often too

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 19, 2019
  11. I mean, considering how many people came to the ES UHC events we did, there might be a player base big enough for maybe a every other 2 hour UHC. Then again, not sure if those people at the UHC events were there for prizes or not, but even then we still did get around 80 people, which was the max we could have in that server.

We would need to fix the UHC bug too that made the MPS server crash. We know what it is, it just wasn't fixed because it was removed completely. And yea, an x-ray prevention would need to be a thing too.

I'll give this a 0/+1. 0 because it shouldn't be hourly, but a +1 to it making a comeback because I believe enough people want UHC and played it.

Posted May 19, 2019
  12. UHC was super fun, I'd love to see it come back!

Posted May 19, 2019
  13. Having a certain player base doesn't necessarily mean too much. UHC games don't have to have a lot of players to start, anyway. UHC had a separate community and if it were to return, most likely the majority of people in that community would as well.

Posted May 19, 2019
    Fall and Jaxxy like this.
  14. yeah a lot of people from the community want it back
    --- Post updated ---
    How often do you suggest it be? Since you don’t want hourly? Would every 2 hours be better?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 26, 2019
  15. UHC is a huge game. I believe it would be worth it. I'd love to see a teaming mode as well. I think it would make for a competitive environment and drag more players in. Having it be an hour interval would just keep players on waiting for the next game.

Posted May 27, 2019
  16. I absolutely loved UHC when it was a thing so I 100% agree that the gamemode should be brought back. Despite it being moved because of unpopularity, I think that giving the hourly message would get people's attention. It's a big game, but I think that this would be worth a shot. If this were to be added, I say reduce the player amount to maybe 70 or so players like stated above, since I think that even with hourly reminders it would be difficult to reach the 100 player limit. The only issue that I see with this are the times where Mineplex isn't as active; usually between 11pm - 7am EST. This is where not as many people are on so I highly doubt seeing this version of UHC getting much activity, but I think that this overall is worth a shot.

Posted May 27, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  17. Yes Yes Yes, very good suggestion! +10 from here <3 It would be so cool to get UHC back, even if it's just on the US server :D

Posted May 27, 2019
  18. Herro!

I 100% agree UHC should be brought back. I've seen lots of people ask for it back, and therefore the community gives it support. I think it would bring a playerbase back too, which is an added bonus. As some have said above, mods would need to be involved. Maybe a new sub team if it gets big enough. UHC brings a lot of hackers, so at least 1-2 mods per game would be a must imo. Considering that it would only happen every few hours, I don't think that would be too hard to achieve.

+1!

Posted May 27, 2019
  19. I like the idea, but i think it needs a few changes, something like uhc starting on 2 or maybe 3 hours because i guess uhc game on every hour is too much and it wouldn’t fill with players every time. but i really love this idea as a old UHC Player on Mineplex server! ^-^ +1

Posted May 28, 2019
  20. Yes, it will also bring back a lot of old players, this idea isn't perfect, but it's a start

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2019