• 579 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9017 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hourly UHC

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2019.

?

Should UHC be brought back, with one game every hour?

1. Yes

93.1%
  2. No

6.9%
  1. This has been a discussion I've seen a lot of. And I wholeheartedly agree with it. UHC is a game that was really fun and it had its own dedicated community. Even when the people knew UHC wasn't filling, people were really sad that it was removed. I think that they should bring is back hourly, or like dutty said, every 2 hours. +1 to the idea.

Posted May 31, 2019
    Slahpt likes this.
  2. 3uc
    x

I think it would be a popular game mode, but who knows.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    Slahpt likes this.
  3. Instead of hourly UHC, it should be every three hours, so lobbies could fill correctly. If it was done every hours, lobbies wouldn't fill entirely, which makes the game less fun. We could also bring Brawl back to host the UHC's. That would be great!

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    Slahpt likes this.
  4. Hello! All tho I do agree that UHC's should be brought back I do not think they should be made every hour. I loved UHC and would definitely wanna see it be played again but having them hourly to me would be too much. I suggest maybe making this an event where it would happen maybe once a week and the winner would get a bigger prize. I mainly am saying this since I feel like once every hour would make it feel old pretty quickly and the hype maybe die down.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
    Slahpt likes this.
  5. I love this idea! UHC was personally one of my favorite gamemodes, as it was very well made compared to other servers, and I enjoy the more vanilla aspect of it, leaving me deeply saddened upon it's departure. This could be implemented very well as an hourly event and for people who have a strong desire to play the game once more as I, and I hope it gets added in the future!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  6. Yeah, if it comes back I think having it be vanilla would be best.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. Hey!

I personally think, YES YES YES! I miss UHC so much and I enjoyed playing it all the time. That's the game I played most on Mineplex. When it got taken out I was lowkey heartbroken. I miss it a lot.

Thanks for reading. :)

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  8. Amazing idea! I never played UHC but it sounds fun and one game every 1-2 hours is a good idea!

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  9. Share this thread with others if you miss it, we need more people to like the post so it gets noticed

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019
  10. I honestly don’t think this would be a good idea. Mineplex’s popularity has sadly gone down quite a bit for the last few years. If UHC were to be back I don’t think players would be excited to join it. Another issue is hackers, this would be there time to hack when this UHC game is in progress, creating a hacker feast.
    Overall just not a good idea in my opinion.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  11. A lot of old UHC players would come back, and I'm sure a lot of new players would too. I mentioned in my post mods could potentially host the UHC to make sure there are no hackers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 15, 2019
  12. Maybe try having one once a day at peak time(early afternoon) to test to see if it fills first.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  13. Heyo!

Personally, I would love to see UHC added again! It was an absolute blast! However, as others have said on this thread, I don't believe lobby's would fill up if it was as repetitive as one hour. Possibly, the wait time can be 3-4 hours, making it a more hyped up event, and something that would make more players want to play. This would make the lobby's fill up faster and at a more efficient rate! Furthermore, I definitely believe that the player count should be reduced from 100 to 80 to help reduce the lag in the UHC lobby's. Regardless, I would love to see this game implemented back onto the server!

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  14. The player count was originally 80 to start, and before it got removed they put it to 40 I believe. Around 30-40 people to start would be a great starting amount I think.
    --- Post updated ---
    Once a day would fill for sure, however I think having them be every 2 hours at first would be great.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2019
    Diyn likes this.
  15. Hello!

Adding UHC back could bring a fair bit of a different community back to mineplex especially if the player requirement was dropped to 30-40 but the game would extend the max player count when more people join.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  16. For sure! I would love to see UHC back on Mineplex. It was really enjoyable when they had it in place. I made many friends from UHC and genuinely had fun. Lowering the player count would definitely ensure that the games would be played (with it being every 1 or 2 hours). As it was previously in place, it shouldn’t be too difficult to bring back. Seeing comments about UHC once a day, it could make it very difficult for no ranks to join.. but that could potentially be motivating to purchase a rank. Every 2 or 3 hours would be nice.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
  17. Hi,

I like the idea of implementing community events do possibly revive UHC. In general, adding events to revive certain games work most of the time. If we choose to add this, we would need to have it in an staff's mps. In an mps, it will be In order for this work, we will need a strong amount of effort/commitment to ensure these events are satisfying for the players.
    In my opinion though, I feel like these events shouldn't be every hour. Who knows how long a UHC might take for some people, and the games won't be as exciting if there are consistent events going on. The events should usually be limited to every 4-8 hours or even a couple days.
    If we had more frequent UHC events, I feel like the events should have different game modes for UHC. For example, we could have one game which could have a ban on a certain item. We could also have some sort of speed uhc or a UHC with no diamonds.
    I am not sure how frequent the events are on Mineplex, but implementing more events related to UHC can help revive the game back up. As for the reduction of x-rayers and hackers, it will be more difficult to detect many if there are a lot of people. Especially if, for example, a single moderator is in a lobby, it will be difficult to check everyone if they are using hacks. While many might say the anticheat can help with this, it is ultimately false to rely on the server's anticheat. Cheating has evolved since minecraft was a thing, so it can be difficult to prevent such cheating in Mineplex.
    Otherwise, I think adding such a community event can ultimately benefit the server of Mineplex.

-Wiz2K

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  18. Yeah that would be a possibility. They should have the player count around there if it does come back

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Diyn likes this.
  19. Yes! This game should be brought back. As it is fresh when it is only available hourly, which means people wont get bored of it that easily ( the lobbies will always fill to max).

+1

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  20. Heyo!

UHC is quite a nice game to play, its very competitive and is something I quite enjoy, especially with a game every so often. Having a game every hour though might be too short of a time. I feel like if it was a bit longer, maybe 2/3 hours then it would be better. However, I do like the idea of bringing back the old UHC hourly games as they sure sound like a lot of fun!

+1 Have a great day!

Posted Jun 25, 2019