• 1892 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10330 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hourly UHC

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2019.

?

Should UHC be brought back, with one game every hour?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. A definite +1 from me!

UHC is actually regaining lots of popularity on platforms like YouTube. Since many servers that offered vanilla UHC in the past have been shut down, there are next to no servers that offer it anymore. I think mineplex should take the opportunity to revive the game and bring a brand new herd of players to enjoy the game!

There are countless tactics and strategies that people can use to win the game, which makes it all the more challenging and interesting!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ and Slahpt like this.
  2. Oh yeah baby look at that percentage difference, I think we may get UHC back boys .....

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  3. Exactly, I don't think there are a lot of vanilla UHC servers out there, Mineplex should take this opportunity

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2019
  4. Yeah if we ever bring back UHC, it'll definitely be hourly or even every 3-4 hours because keeping the lobbies open kinda killed the appeal of the game and the popularity dwindled down until games wouldn't start very often. We don't really have any plans for bringing UHC back at this point in time but maybe in the future!

Posted Jun 26, 2019
    wattywatty14, Evence, GAM and 3 others like this.
  5. Please bring back uhc we beg

Posted Jun 26, 2019
  6. Yeah if it did come back, that would probably be the time it starts with, if it's popular they could lower it
    --- Post updated ---
    Hopefully there are plans to re add it later on!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_, Slahpt and DiddyYT like this.
  7. I’d also like to see UHC in Mineplex. I’ve recently been into UHC and been playing them a lot among friends.

I think UHC doesn’t have to be huge, it can also be a small UHC with like 12-16 people with like 250-500 space if that is what it takes for UHC to come back. UHC is one of the best games out there in my opinion, at least can it be brought back to MPS? I usually play casual bridges with friends on MPS instead of UHC because that’s the closest thing to it. If UHC comes back I’ll definitely force my friends to play with me. XD. Anyway I got my point across.
    - it’s okay if the UHC is small
    - I WANT UHC!!!!
    - At least put it back to MPS for the start
    - I’ll play with friends.

+1 Vote | I’ll play for sure

Posted Jul 4, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  8. This is a good idea. I think it would bring back some old players as you said and would help engage the community.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  9. Hey! I would love this mini-game to come back. It was always so competitive and it must be brought back. I remembering playing and trying to win. I think Mineplex did a mistake in cancelling this mini-game, because many players were having fun with it! However, the UHC hourly games are a very good idea, instead of lobbys.

+1 Have a great day!

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  10. YES YES YES. I want a challenge with a new world. Every time. I remember playing UHC years ago it was so fun!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  11. It's very fun and it will do well if it's brought back

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 8, 2019
  12. I think the conversation around the possible revival of UHC is an interesting one for the community at whole, with the fledgling bits of it being a quite tight-knit community (RedditUHCs come to mind).

There's a lot of reasons why the scene faded: big names leaving, general interest in Minecraft fading, the gamemode being removed from dedicated servers and more multi-facidated ones (Mineplex) put the community around the gamemode in the position where it remains to this day.

Bringing back UHC is something widely considered to be unlikely in the community as a whole, due to flaws in the gamemode and the lack of variety it has come to bring.

In the (unfortunately 1) small chance that Mineplex brings back dedicated UHCS, the best way to do that is with real dedicated hosts compared to the automated system previously used, while being demanding on a person to person case, this often brought the best modes and well run events in UHC. Using the resources that Mineplex has a server is the only other way to find a way to draw a bigger player base to the gamemode, including modifications on what variants are used when running a lobby.

Personally, I like the idea of UHC coming back to Minecraft in general. It's a very good take on the game that finds a way to be different but understandable and makes for some really memorable moments while playing. The conversation that has been sparked with the release of Nestor's UHC documentary (2) is engaging and well thought out.

Doing this right is important. If executed poorly or with minimal attempt, it is no better than other gamemodes out there.

1: Noted as such due to Emily's comment in thread.
    2: xNestorio's documentary discusses the history and downfall of the gamemode as a whole and the possibility of it coming back into light.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  13. Liqths I remember you in the UHC's and totally agree and I miss it! Sadly though I don't think any changes will be made. All the staff likes the idea, but the change has never been made. I think they need to stop the updates and focus on a new game!

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  14. Mineplex can purchase more player slots, it's not difficult.Or, if they have it hosted on a dedicated machine, they have as many slots as they so wish.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  15. Yes, but 30-40 would fill the easiest
    --- Post updated ---
    I think this will be helpful for the server overall, so hopefully they listen
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, UHC will be a great way to add a challenge to players who want one
    --- Post updated ---
    Need more responses!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 3, 2019
  16. I remember how eager everyone was in the lobbies waiting for the UHC's to open, even though I didn't attend the events that much, I feel like if Mineplex were to revamp the mode and make it more unique I would love to see the hourly mode make a return. It'd be really cool to see the community boil up in anticipation for the UHC lobby to open.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
  17. Back then I never used to play UHC, but I have recently tried it and I thoroughly enjoy it. I think this a great idea. I believe it could bring some old players back as well.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  18. It will bring old players back, and probably a lot of new.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  19. #MakeUHCGreatAgain

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  20. Agreed, UHC would create more Content Creators which could help new players find out about Mineplex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    GAM likes this.