• 564 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9002 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Hourly UHC

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 10, 2019.

?

Should UHC be brought back, with one game every hour?

1. Yes

93.1%
  2. No

6.9%
  1. I remember when UHC was a very popular game mode. Unfortunately one of the problems with it was waiting for players to join. I remember waiting in lobbies for almost up to 30 minutes waiting for players to join, I think this is why they removed it. I think that 1 hour is a little too quick probably around every 3-4 hours would be a good idea.
    Anyways good post!

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  2. I agree, it would help Mineplex get some new content creators

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2019
  3. I would like to see the return of UHC, just as long as enough players were going to play it, ensuring that lobbies weren't left open with no players willing to play. I am sure that if it did return, lots of players would rush to play it though for a few reasons. I have fond memories of playing it with my friends years back, and I believe that lots of others relate. I know people would enjoy the nostalgia of playing UHC if it was to return. Hopefully if it did return, that it could bring back some old and new players.

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  4. Being back UHC MOVEMENT! Spread it!!!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  5. Great idea! I remember the days when I used to sit and play UHC for hours! I'd often lose, but it was always so addicting to play because I loved how challenging it was. I definitely would want to see this happen on Mineplex. It's a yes from me!

Posted Sep 4, 2019
  6. Hey there,

I'm a UHC enthusiast as well and it's great to see that members of our community still have the dedication to UHC and would love to play it. I think Liqhts' idea is fairly simple yet sweet and I love the general idea behind it.

I think this is a pretty good way of starting up games for a few reasons - players who are new will see it pop up in chat and might want to try something new, buffing the UHC player count and hopefully increasing for good if those players enjoy the game. It's also nice to have hourly games (maybe bi-hourly since some games may last over 60 minutes) so that players who are offline would know when the games start or when to come online, and also never miss out of the game. Bi-hourly games would also ensure that UHC wouldn't die out because it wouldn't be something you had to rely on other players for like before (sitting in a lobby waiting for a minimum of 80 players to show up) whereas now, players would join in a jumble since the UHCs would be 'scheduled'.

If UHC were to return, it wouldn't be a doubt that players would Xray and perhaps even hack generally. I think that this idea is not bad at all and personally, I've talked to fellow staff members that are UHC enthusiasts about the potential return of the gamemode and how Moderators should just watch over each game and collaborate to ensure that the community has the best games possible, and I'd stick to that. I don't think Leadership would construct a special team to watch over UHC but I'm sure a handful of staff members would contribute their time to spectating and handling all concerns. As a new player, UHC may also be extremely confusing and I think that staff members could be advocates who also answer questions (as we should) and be involved in the games!

I've upvoted your idea, thank you and thanks to everyone who provides their opinion!

~Arjun

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    GengisKhanBr and Poal like this.
  7. If we take those with hacked clients and illegal mods in general into account, the only batch of these you could catch with evidence are the combat-related ones(and flying-related ones, of course). As you start off isolated from everyone else, unless the anti-cheat catches it, what exactly is stopping people who have the tools to turn on x-ray and get lots of diamonds and gold relatively early in the game?

Ignoring this though, I'd give it a +1, though I do think that it shouldn't be an hour between each game.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  8. Staff members would spectate the game and watch over people who are mining to see if people would be using Xray.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  9. UHC would be great, would hopefully bring back old players and help the server regain a lot of players hopefully!

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  10. Whats poppin!

After competing in my first UHC which was the Staff UHC event it was really fun! I would love to see UHC make a comeback one day but as EmmaLie said who knows what the future has in store for us. Personally I feel that it wouldn't be 1 game every hour but perhaps 1 game every 2-3 hours just so the server doesn't lag or crash.

Posted Sep 5, 2019
  11. I agree, staff members should watch over games to prevent xray/cheaters

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 6, 2019
    Aaron678 likes this.
  12. If that ends up happening, then I don't really have any more concerns for this.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  13. I'd love to see UHC make a comeback as it was a game that I enjoyed playing and watching! I would love to see it come back hourly or every couple of hours on the weekends only seeing is that is the peak time of the server where we have the most people playing. If it were on the weekend, I can see it being something that can be hyped and something that a lot of people look forward to throughout the week - hence not diminishing the popularity of the game mode overtime.

Posted Sep 7, 2019
  14. I think the popularity should be good if the right things are made to help the game stay popular. There definitely should be an anti cheat update before UHC comes out because UHC had a lot of b hoppers and hackers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
  15. It should be brought back, I agree!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  16. Everyone else kind of summed up the excitement but... they should definitely bring UHC back. With the announcement feature in chat, more people would join. Also it could bring some old players back and raise Mineplex’s player-base. There would need to be staff moderating the games preferably to watch out for hackers.

But great idea +1 !!!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  17. UHC in general has made a big comeback in the past few months. loads of old players coming back (including myself) so IMO this would do nothing but benefit mineplex

Posted Sep 17, 2019
  18. +1

UHC is a great gamemode and it should be a part of the events that the event squad host in my opinion.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  19. To those who are worried about xrayers ruining games, why doesn't mineplex just add the anti xray that's in bridges which hides ores until they're exposed? I know it won't completely stop xrayers since they can xray to caves but at least mining to sounds aka caves is something everyone can do. As @Arjun said multiple staff members can volunteer to watch games, since there will be only 1 game up at a time it shouldn't be hard to have at least 5 or even more spectating the game.

Anyway, I think this should be added because the uhc gamemode in general is pretty much dead in minecraft. I think right now some of the only uhc games you can find are from the biggest server and from the r/ultrahardcore subreddit. For example, badlion was one of the most popular uhc servers out there until it shut down in 2018 which caused others to stop hosting and it became a less popular gamemode in many servers including mineplex. There's no harm in re-adding uhc to mineplex as a test. Instead of 100 players though the player count can be reduced to 70 and minimum players to start will be 50. This can be adjusted over time if the gamemode ends up being popular.

Posted Sep 18, 2019
  20. I think it should be brought back as a regular game and not an event. Just have a chat message get sent through the lobby when a game is going to start.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019