• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3380 Players Online
  • 3380 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How Do You Effectively Master Spider

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Butterfl1, Mar 15, 2021.

1. So this may seem like a troll post, but I'm genuinely curious. Is there any sort of web tech that a spider should be aware of? When should needler be used? All that stuff.

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    Carrut likes this.
  2. i think to actually master spider you need to master triple jump first, its very important to spider, and with very high sens too. web is often used backward, but if you want a guarantee web one of the most effective way is triple jump up high and use it downward and just needler as you fall down , needler is very strong too if you hit every single of it , but it could be very hard so just used it like a small spray (the poison does 1 damage so even if you only hit 1 needler you will still do 1 heart ) after a time if you can predict their movement just use it normally, spider hardest matchup imo is ender , they just flash away and their hitbox disappear if you hit your needler, the easiest matchup is often sheep and iron golem. its my personal opinion dont throw brick on me :D

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 likes this.
  3. just learn how to jet and zoom zoom you will go 10x faster than any other kit they wont even be able to see your shadow

Posted Mar 15, 2021
  4. lotsa stuff, just watch whoneedsspacee vods on his youtube or ask a spider main directly for help

Posted Mar 15, 2021
  5. whoever deleted my post is unepic

Posted Mar 16, 2021
  6. or maybe it was never posted and im just stupid lol if thats the case here you go funny spacee video

Posted Mar 16, 2021
  7. Whats with the background though

Posted Mar 16, 2021
  8. The man has some great preferences

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2021
  9. monica is my guardian angel

Posted Mar 17, 2021
  10. Spam spin web until they get caught then spam needler(Smaller kits). Any kit that's much larger than you, use needler to juggle them and you're so low to the floor that they can't touch you once they have KB.

Seriously though it would take too long to explain fully how to play a kit.

Posted Mar 17, 2021
  11. I main squid, but I've played and fought high level spiders enough to know the basics. This could be long.

First, kiting. I'm not saying jump randomly but spider is one of the few kits that posses the unique dash-jump, so you should be utilizing this to the best of your ability. This makes you fast- much faster then other kits if used correctly. With high speed comes a whole host of advantages including better dodging, better recovery when knocked off, better melee combos, etc. Spider has fantastic movement, and learning how to take advantage of it is necessary.

Learn to triple jump if you haven't. This is a necessity for any player regardless of the kit your using but its especially useful on wolf and spider because of the dash jump. You go zoom zoom.

Get down its basic melee combo. This is really simple. Just hit your needler on them just outside of melee range and as the arrows are hitting them, dash-jump into melee range and combo with melee. If performed successfully, your opponent should not be able to hit you at all. Most spider mains know how to do this with varying degrees of success or aggressiveness after the fact, but if you play spider you should know how to do it.

If you get knocked away, get used to instinctively holding shift as you fall. You'll find that your ability to stick to walls will save you from falling off the map a TON. Spider is one of those annoying kits that just won't seem to die even when you blow it off the map.

When YOU knock them off the map, finish them off! Double tap them with a needler just to make sure they stay in the void.

Needler, needler, needler. Spider has good trading patterns because of its mobility, but there are still cases where it gets destroyed when fighting up close and personal. Very good cows, iron golems, guardians, etc will make a not very good spider sweat- so spam those poison arrows wherever you can and kite the bloody things to death. Needler has a very short cooldown and you should take advantage of that. You can also play to void your opponent if they are just to scary to approach.

Practice your spinwebs. Spinweb doesn't give you the most air propulsion in the world so as far as recovery moves go, its pretty meh C+. Instead, actually use it to capture enemies as a spider actually would. If you have good aim and fast reflexes you can do 180s quickly in fights and accurately hit people but this is a difficult move to pull off for newer spiders as predicting the movement of enemies and aiming backwards is rather hard. What I do instead sometimes is use spin web immediately after disengaging a trade. For instance if you melee someone then run away there's only one place they could be- right behind you. So just hit spinweb on the way out and you are likely to hit them.

Posted Mar 30, 2021
  12. Spider is a pretty basic kit to pick up, but a hard kit to master in my opinion. To be a good spider, you will need to know and get the hand of comboing needler between melees, and how to triple jump, and how to use spin web to trap people.

It's got higher base damage than wolf, and more comboing potential with needler making it a better kit, but harder to use. My advice just practice with it, you'll get it down!

Posted Mar 31, 2021
  13. When you use webs just quickly turn around to see if you're going to hit anybody. Needler is used to start a combo its a hard kit to master but it's worth it.

Posted Apr 1, 2021
  14. Like other people here have been saying, I think there is a very high skill ceiling to spider. I think one of the things to get really good at is using your double jump in combination with moving your mouse quickly to have a dynamic movement that is harder for others to hit. A really mobile spider can be really annoying for other players.

Posted Apr 1, 2021