• 223 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4944 Players Online
  • 4721 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do you fight Cow and Golem as Spider?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Area 51, Oct 17, 2021.

1. I have always struggled against those two mobs as spider (specifically golem).

Posted Oct 17, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 17, 2021
  2. I don't play Spider nor SSM a lot anymore, so take this advice with a grain of salt.
    For Cow, focus on dodging their attacks and hitting spin web. They should be in big trouble once you hit spin web.
    For Golem, I can't suggest anything. It's a really weird and unused kit. Only thing I can suggest is not focusing on using spin web on them and instead hitting needler and attacking it.

Posted Oct 17, 2021
  3. Alright, thanks!
    Golem will out-damage me every time, anything else I can do?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 17, 2021
  4. Keep your distance and dodge iron hook. You don't want to go too far away, because needler doesn't go that far.

Posted Oct 17, 2021
  5. Spider's greatest strength is its speed. Learn to use its directional leaping to its full potential and you'll run circles around most classes in the game.
    Cow and Golem are both bulky, so whittling them down with needler spam isn't ideal and will take you a very long time (though it can still work).
    Spin web on them if either of them are gaining momentum on you in a fight, or if you're low and need a little regen. It's also a free needler hit as well.

When it comes to playing offensively, make sure you void them instead of just reducing all their HP. This is fairly self-explanatory given how bulky Cow and Golem are. I'd advise doing this to them when using any class, not just spider.

One method of doing this is using spider's leap to help you combo opponents off the edge of the map. You can do this by spamming double jump and left-click, whilst looking at your opponent's legs or feet. Think of it as W-tapping but even better. I advise looking diagonally downwards eg. where the opponent's legs would be, so that your leaps don't take you past them and potentially straight into the void lol.
    If this works, you'll melee them into the void and you can then use needler to cancel out their recovery move.

Hope this helps, I'm only an ex-SSM sweat though so maybe this is outdated : )

Posted Oct 18, 2021
    Area 51 likes this.
  6. As long as you bait out angry herd and be wary of aggressive milk spiral + melee you should be fine. Both Spider and Cow are my main kits but I'd say cow is probably harder to take down as a spider than vice versa. Whenever I'm playing spider I lead with needler and then use the surrounding terrain to my advantage. Something I see newer spiders do is try to run away from cow which rarely works and if a fully charged stampede hits you your chance of winning the fight is very low. As a cow facing a spider I tend to look to back spiders into a wall and aggressively push with milk spiral.

Posted Oct 18, 2021
  7. As a spider main, I would say play pasivly and focus on evading damage (as both of those kits can do a lot of damage I'd they get close). Focus on web aim and needler chip and try to stay at medium range.

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    JCubed likes this.
  8. Of yea and focus on baiting abilities

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    JCubed and Area 51 like this.
  9. Web, Needle, only approach if caught web, if scared only needle approach with web capture, run run run, always try to go for void kills, if your lucky they just quit all together

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    Area 51 likes this.
  10. for golem, keep your distance. abuse your mobility as much as you can. golem up close does a lot of damage, and takes significantly less because of its impressive armor. avoiding the hook is crucial because it will be your doom. if you do get hooked, just respond fast- spin web then get away. staying close means you can get fissured at close range, because fissure is fairly easy to dodge at a mid range. slam also can hurt.

Posted Nov 1, 2021
  11. This is pretty much it. Not really that fun for other players that you play against but Cow and Golem are both slow so if you use your speed to keep your distance and then approach when they're webbed then you can't go wrong!

Posted Nov 9, 2021
    Area 51 and DolphinSweat like this.
  12. You have to make sure that cow doesn’t build stampede bc it’s lethal if it can land it. I would recommend strafing it often to try and bait out the milk spiral. Herd isn’t much of a problem since you can jump over it. Use needler as much as you can since if you can stall their movement for a second, stampede cancels (it cancels on dmg but needler doesn’t do enough). For golem, staying away and waiting for the hook is key. Then you can do lots of aerial attacking and jumping around it. However never jump down on the golem if it has hook available since that’s a free 5 hearts.

Posted Nov 13, 2021