• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How do you practice aim?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by TheStudentUnion, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I have recently been trying to get better at zombie but I am struggling with aiming from long distance. What are a few things I can practice to get better at long distance aim?

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    (Inactive) tamman2005 likes this.
  2. practice more
    look at where your arrows are falling vs. where you want to aim
    aim ahead of where your opponent is going- in particular, look for where you can shoot them before they hit the ground while they have no double jump

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  3. I used to play a lot with the ranger kit in CTF and that's where most of aim comes from (or whats left from it). Sadly there are rarely any CTF lobbies nowadays so that isn't an option. I'd recommend just playing a lot with bow, no matter what game you're playing. Eventually you'll get better. Also another thing that might be helpful with muscle memory (or so I've heard) is to turn off mouse acceleration. Google how to turn it off if you don't know how to.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  4. There really is no trick to it. You keep doing it until you're so used to the mobility of classes as well as how arrows work in Minecraft that your brain easily calculates where to shoot for you without trying to.

That's a fancy way of saying, "keep at it, there's no shortcut".

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  5. Go in a Creative world, and spawn random mobs. Then shoot them from at least 20 blocks away. This will also make you better at short range shots

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  6. this is for ssm lol

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  7. The trick is to practice practice and practice. The more you get used to the controls, the more successful you’ll be.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  8. I actually practice using different software. There are free aim-training websites that practice mechanical aim and find you the perfect DPI to work with. They're good for purely aim improvements, and as for SSM-specific tips; hop into an MPS with a friend and 1v1 - a lot. Ever since I've started, fighting in small groups or versus a single player who is much more skilled than I am (find someone seriously good), has helped me improve a lot. Back when I was around level 40, I took after TorchoTichy, an insanely good spider player at the time. We hung out and versed a lot, hence me learning his playstyle and also his technique to aiming webs so precisely. As mentioned above, repetition is key, but if you can find someone insanely good at the game and constantly fight them, I feel it'd help a lot.
    Other than that - pick a kit like a zombie and stick with it. Learn trajectories and how knockback works in the game. Learn how to shoot mid-jump, and maybe shooting while both players are moving.

[Optional/Personal Preference] One last little secret I have, courtesy of GreatMCGamer when I was still learning:
    Go to your mouse settings, then additional mouse settings. Turn "enhance pointer precision" off. Set your in-game sensitivity to 60%, and then mess with your DPI in a way that you can make a 180-degree turn in one flick of your wrist, and get back to the original point in a much slower motion, but over the same distance of your mousepad.
    Turning off the pointer precision should make it such that if you quickly do a 180 flick, then slowly turn back your mouse to your hand's original position, it will still land at the same spot at which you started. It does not compensate for the speed at which you move your mouse, which helps with making quick turns. Essentially you can move your mouse at any speed, but the pointer will not be changed to facilitate the speed at which you move your mouse.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    TheStudentUnion and Sven like this.
  9. Oh nvm then XD

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    xXTxmmanL3gendXx likes this.
  10. One of the best things that helped me drastically improve my aim was playing a Skeleton religiously (1000+ games). The barrage ability helps your arrows to land easier while also allowing you to learn how to predict movement and the power at which you could draw back your bow for different instances. At the end of the day, aim improves with practice and I believe skeleton is the perfect kit to help.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  11. The more you keep on practising, the more natural and easier your aim will get. Just try to focus on your target and let go as soon as you see your enemy go into your crosshair, thats what I do at least.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  12. F3 + B could maybe help out if you want to make sure you’re aiming at the right target and at its body

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  13. I actually find aiming with zombie easier than skeleton as the barrage splits up the arrows making them more likely to bounce off. Also I use the badlion client now and the fps boost helped my aim too. Thanks for all the help everyone, I will definately try the enhanced pointer precision though im not used to playing with high sensitivity.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
  14. Oof i already had pointer off i was wondering why my aim was so crap qfter

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2020
  15. If you want to get better at aim for Zombie then you gotta not go for long range shots as those are the hardest and most inconsistent. What you need to be doing is practicing mid-range shots instead. When your opponent double jumps and is falling down back to the ground, that is when you take the change to shoot him on his descent. That is how you get better with Zombie Aim. When you use Death Grasp it is there to fling the enemy into the air, and you take that chance to shoot them while they are falling as well. Bile Spew, or whatever that other ability is called, is used to keep enemies away from you and to give you the chance to charge your bow up and shoot them. Also try going against players who are better than you so you are forced to do better. That's how I got very good at the kits I play.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  16. Im good at the mid range shots but I still have trouble with long range and it seems useful because the closer you are the more vunerable. Also sometimes the bile can go through the opponent and even if it doesnt its quite easy to dodge.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2020
  17. You could try experimenting with your FOV as well to see which is most comfortable for you to shoot with. I know personally I'm a lot better at shooting with a higher FOV like 90 or 100 than 70 because I don't have to predict the arc of the arrow as it falls as much. You can more or less aim straight.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  18. I use quake pro, I use it for every kit except ones with speed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020