• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3308 Players Online
  • 3308 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How does development and updates for games on Mineplex Java work?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SomeCabbage, Apr 22, 2021.

1. I'm just curious as to how the developers figure out which games to work on and what things to update on Java. Also how may developers are working on Mineplex in general? What kinds of things take priority?

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  2. They are directed to do what by the leadership team and since they are not transparent at all we know nothing about what's going on :D

anyways i think there's 8 devs total

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  3. The sincere and honest answer is that we don’t know. I’m pretty sure Devs can choose smaller projects to work on from ideas that have been approved by Production; however, Production is in charge of deciding what comes next on a larger scale. We don’t have any insight into their processes, so there’s no way of telling what factors are considered. The only way there’ll be light shed on that is if Leadership themselves decide to be more transparent with us.

As for Devs, there are five in total. Moppletop, our front-end Java Developer, konsolas, our anticheat dev for Java, MorganV, a back-end dev for both Java and Bedrock, AlexTheCoder, our Java front-end and both platform back-end dev, and last but not least, gyroninja, our only front-end Bedrock dev. Alex is also the development lead for both Java and Bedrock and the project manager. He is a member of the Leadership Team (also referred to by me as Production).

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Eqsa, Paladise and Fusafez like this.
  4. You mention the Leadership Team. What exactly is this group and what do they do?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. The people above pretty much answered you but I'll still leave a few things -

As Paladise said usually leadership just make their own decisions on what to do. They can then reach out to the Community Council or Game Insights which have boards/docs with a bunch of ideas on how something can be updated/added/etc. They also have their own say in the ideas so they can reject anything they want, really, and it's all up to them. Development then takes over, works on the update, and then Quality Assurance and QAT members test all of the updates numerous times if anything needs to be changed/big bugs fixed. After a few weeks/months of work something may be released...

Leadership is just a group of a couple higher up individuals on Mineplex. Currently there are only two (AlexTheCoder and DeanTM) but there used to be more in the past. Alex is the Development Lead, so he does things like read Developer applications, assign projects as well as take some on himself etc...everything to do with the devlopment part. DeanTM is the Head of Staff, Quality Assurance "Admin" and a Marketplace Manager, so he is on top of everybody in the staff team. Meaning...he oversees the creation/changing of teams and the people within them, leads a lot of development projects + testings (along with rosmeme - the QA manager), as well as manages the Marketplace on Bedrock (the place with a bunch of adventure maps, skins, etc that Artists/Builders contribute to).

The Admins and sometimes Sr Mods play a huge part in changes and updates if it's something relevant to them. For example, Flaym is a huge part of Clans' Development, even though he's not a developer or leader, but rather an Admin. Wanderer is the website's developer, but works with Marzie often when it comes to updating or changing anything.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Paladise, SomeCabbage and Ruffybear like this.
  6. no1 knows.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  7. The devs are one big mystery.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1 and Paladise like this.
  8. i find this really interesting, I only wish that there were more mineplex skywars updates but maybe we will get one soon. I think it would be really great to have ridable pearls or a community event that we get to choose on what we vote on

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  9. skywars is lucky, there are some games that haven't been updated for years that should definitely take priority

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  10. generally all the higher up/paid positions are rlly mysterious, and its not cool.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    MrPatri0t likes this.
  11. It really depends, to be honest. But, they do good work.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  12. I mean... maybe? but who knows when they never tell us anything and keep quiet most of the time. They dont make very good attempts to increase player counts and only do what they think is right, not what the community says is right.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    MrPatri0t likes this.
  13. I wouldn't say that they aren't doing their best to increase the player count and make the experience more enjoyable. It's just that, why do we the players need to know every single detail of what they're doing. It's not necessary. Also, the decisions they make are in the better interest of the server.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  14. big cap lol. what should take priority SPEED BUILDERS. ion know what ur saying but if u cant provide examples than that just invalid :P

Posted Apr 24, 2021