• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6966 Players Online
  • 6966 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

How I Think Block Hunt Should Work

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Aleeknossv, Jan 24, 2021.

Tags:

1. A map should be ABLE to be dynamic, meaning it shouldn't be able to not be the same every time you play on it. In order to achieve this, all you need is to have different blocks appear every time you play the map, or at least almost every time. Basically, it is a map configuration. Imagine block piles having different configurations when spawned. Now you COULD have a database of different block piles and then have them added to map, but that will require memory storage. Another option is a block pile generator. An algorithm that "randomly" builds block piles. Now I put random in quotations, because it wont just be generating blocks out of the blue in a small area, there will be rules to how it generates piles. One rule should be for there to be no "infestor traps" which are blocks that you can infest, but cannot un-infest once infested. Another rule should be it should realistic MOST of the times. Majority of the time it shouldn't be a pile of tnt with a single hay bale part of the pile, however to trump hunters and to give hiders rare occurences to hide obviously like a hay bale in a pile of tnt, these "off-blocks" should occur, it just should be given a low chance when generating the piles.

The kits in my opinion should be based on the gameplay of Block Hunt which are:
    • Hiding
    • Fighting
    • Avoiding
    In addition, there should be a 4th hider achievment kit that has all 3 gameplay styles in mind but not to the same extent
    Here are my proposals:

• Hiding Hider Kit: Can swap infinitely many times with a 5 second cool down, should start with 1 smoke bomb and gains one after 15 seconds since the last time they used one AND they haven't been damaged at all for 15 seconds, whether from falling or hunter weapon. Has blast protection II to prevent tnt hunters fron snuffing EASILY and radar only works within 8 blocks. Gets a normal golden axe.

• Fighting Hider Kit: Shocking kit, but with Projectile protection II, and is only kit with hyper axe but gains no speed boost or regeneration. Must shoot hunters 16 times to gain hyper axe. (add gold axe between stone and iron) Has the ability to use Strength II when right clicking on axe, but has a cooldown of 15 seconds. A single kill using any axe counts as an axe upgrade. Radar can detect from 14 blocks away.

• Avoiding Hider Kit: Has a golden axe that gives Speed II and Regen II, but has a cooldown of 15 seconds. Has feather falling II. Radar can detect from 10 blocks away.

• Achievment Kit: Infestor but with Blast protection I, Feather falling I. Has gold axe that when right clicked gives Regen I and Speed I. When dropped gives Strength I. Cool down is 15 seconds. Radar can detect from 12 blocks away.

Posted Jan 24, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 24, 2021
  2. lol. radar kit and hitbox will rek different piles

Posted Feb 1, 2021
  3. Make hitboxes not bug, so only moving hiders show hitbox, and radar is only effective if used properly and there are counter measures.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 3, 2021